Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Northwest Crossroads Expansion Should Be on the Table

Guest DT

22 minutes ago, DT said:

But they could leave if they felt unwanted and unappreciated.  That can be made to happen

It could happen, but never will. They’re respected charter members of the NCC and have a great athletics department staff in John Gray and Bill Mueller. They are a good fit in the conference - even if it is a pain in the neck to bus down there for stuff sometimes.

If the NCC is to expand north, I just see them and Lowell probably taking issue with it. I hope I’m wrong, because I think it would be best for the Hammonds to join.

Edited by region
Spelling

13 minutes ago, region said:

It could happen, but never will. They’re respected charter members of the NCC and have a great athletics department staff in John Gray and Bill Mueller. They are a good fit in the conference - even if it is a pain in the neck to bus down there for stuff sometimes.

If the NCC is to expand north, I just see them and Lowell probably taking issue with it. I hope I’m wrong, because I think it would be best for the Hammonds to join.

It might, but would the Hammonds be too much? The all-stars of those mighty Gavit and HHS teams might be too much for stalwarts such as Andrean and Lowell and the also-rans...

Edited by Gipper

4 hours ago, region said:

I suspect that a big part of Hammond High and Morton getting in is who they hire for ADs. Doug Friend of Gavit would be the right fit at Morton since they’re getting a majority of Gavit’s kids. I am also guessing they’d have to apply before they are invited since the southern schools would be hesitant.

I don’t think Hanover is quite there yet. Let them grow to the 900-1000 mark first.

0% chance RC wants to leave the Hoosier. They wouldn’t be a fit anyway. Munster, Highland, Andrean and Hobart hate driving to Wheatfield as it is.

When I coached at KV, we didn’t exactly LOVE driving to Munster, Highland, Andrean, and Hobart. 

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

@DT, I love this idea. But that’s not the same thing as saying it’s likely to happen. From a competitive standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world. Unfortunately, it doesn’t make much sense economically. Hammond and Morton are unlikely to travel well, and I don’t expect the folks from KV and Lowell to be too excited about those road trips.

Hanover Central is a more likely candidate. Growing population. Good community support. Nice facility. More centrally located. An up and coming football program.

With 1 heck of a HFB coach too I might add, eh Bob. 😉