Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2019 Season

Somehow I went 6-0 on NLC predictions last week, but somehow forgot to pick the Concord/ Memorial winner.   This week should start to give us a better picture of who will finish where in the conference this year. 

I still like Warsaw at #1, but beyond that I see it as a 4 team race for #2.  (Northwood, Concord, Plymouth, and Northridge)

Heard Plymouth got banged up in the Kokomo game, anyone know how significantly that might affect them this week and moving forward?

Still really liking our run game this year, and each week our defense has stepped up and made some crucial stops that changed the momentum of the game. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, YoungBlood said:

nlctigerfan07 your not giving your team the credit it deserves.  The Tiger's will not lose a regular season game this year.

On 8/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, johnny U said:

nictigerfan07 you are turning into Lou Holtz right before my very eyes.

I picked the Tigers to lose 1 game and get blasted for it. Cry me a river 😂 Very impressive win by our Tigers. I have always believed Michigan City would be Warsaw's toughest opponent this season. While I did pick Warsaw for 2nd place in my preseason conference rankings, that was more out of respect of what NorthWood has done over the last three years than my belief in the Tigers winning the conference. 

On 9/1/2019 at 11:08 PM, LC_Bears_04 said:

I think Warsaw makes it all the way to Semi-State this season.  That defense is really, really good.

Bold prediction after week 2 for a team that has never won a sectional title. However, I firmly believe this year the ceiling is unlimited for Warsaw after what I've seen so far. I truly believe a conference and sectional title should be the goal, and anything after that is just extra, delicious gravy 🤤

On 9/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, YoungBlood said:

I've said it everyweek. 

"Warsaw will not lose a Regular Season game this year"

D is solid!

There* fast and Really stong up front.  (They're)

They have one of the best O Lines in the state! 

Oh and Don't forget there* D1 Kicker. (Their)

Did i miss anything @NLCTigerFan07

I agree, their defense is very good. While undersized, they are extremely disciplined, fast, and execute as a unit. Speaks to the coaching ability of Huber and the defensive staff. The only thing you missed is when to use they're, there, their 😉

On 9/3/2019 at 5:16 PM, NRRaider2001 said:

You're right, I know someone involved with their program at Grace, they've got a good thing going there that fills a need that other programs can't around here. 

I was surprised...they were kind of loaded.  Also, curious to what need you are talking about.  Regardless this was definitely a worthy opponent.

22 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I picked the Tigers to lose 1 game and get blasted for it. Cry me a river 😂 Very impressive win by our Tigers. I have always believed Michigan City would be Warsaw's toughest opponent this season. While I did pick Warsaw for 2nd place in my preseason conference rankings, that was more out of respect of what NorthWood has done over the last three years than my belief in the Tigers winning the conference. 

I am excited for the Tigers.  It's good to see the NLC get more and more competitive.

• Like 1

Quick rundown of week 3:

Memorial (0-2) @ Goshen (1-1) : This could be the last chance before week 9 for the Redhawks to compete for a win. Being at home helps out here, but I believe Memorial is simply the better team. Chargers get their first win of the season.

Wawasee (1-1) @ Northridge (2-0) : The Raiders have completely impressed me so far through two weeks. Impressive victories over NIC foes Adams and St Joe. The Warriors hung tough with a good West Noble team and could keep this one close through the first half. However, I like Northridge to pull away in the second half at home and win comfortably and move to 3-0 before a rough stretch of at Plymouth, at Warsaw and NorthWood at home.

NorthWood (1-1) @ Concord (2-0) : The Panthers got wholloped last week by one of the better teams in the state, suffering their worst margin of defeat since a sectional loss to East Noble in the 2013 season. While the Minutemen are 2-0, I would argue NorthWood has definitely faced the tougher opponents. However, this has historically been a pretty good matchup and it wouldn't surprise me who won either way. Maybe I'm higher on the Panthers than I should be, but I'll take NorthWood in a close one.

Plymouth (1-1) @ Warsaw (2-0) : What I would argue is the game of the week in the conference. The Rockies bounced back after a tough loss week 1 to handle Kokomo last week, while the Tigers pulled off what many are calling a "program defining" win on the road at Michigan City. Head Coach Bart Curtis won the Colts/NFL Coach of the Week as a reward for that victory. It's easy to see what hopes and expectations are currently high in Lake City, however, the Tigers haven't had a bigger thorn in their sides over the past two decades than Plymouth. The Rockies have won 13 of the last 16 match-ups (and the last 5 straight) and since the 2001 season, Warsaw has started the season 2-0 six different times (including this year). Plymouth has ended Warsaw's bid to move to 3-0 all 5 of the previous times (per Roger Grossman's piece in the Warsaw Times-Union). Coach Barron always seems to have his team ready for the Tigers. I'll drink the Kool-Aid and take Warsaw by 10 points.

• Like 1

Slick John here providing some spreads for entertainment purposes only.  

Memorial(-13.5) @ Goshen: If Memorial's staff can keep their players engaged, 2 of their toughest 3 games may already be behind them.  6-3 for Memorial is not out of the realm of possibility.  Goshen hung tougher than I expected last week vs. Central. 

Wawasee @ Northridge (-21.5) :  Northridge has put up some impressive point totals the last couple weeks regardless of playing teams with a combined record 0-4.  Wawasee has not played such opponents.  The battle of SR 13 will be decided before the sun goes down in Middlebury. 

NorthWood @ Concord (-1.5) : Maybe on their way past the dump, NorthWood will throw those red jerseys away.  Concord is not as talented as Chatard, and a good weed of practice for NorthWood gives them an edge.  Concord gets a point for being at home, where NorthWood hasn't won since 1997.  #1 song on September 5 1997: Notorious BIG feat. Puff Daddy and Mase- Mo' Money Mo' Problems....Mo' Jersey's/Mo' Helmets Mo' Problems??? 

Plymouth @ Warsaw (-9.5) : Impressive win for Warsaw last week.  I am not too familiar with Michigan City besides their recent performances in the 5A tournament, so the strength of that win will identify it self in later weeks, but right now it has got to be the most impressive win for anyone in the league. I think this game is definitely the highest scoring of the night- if not season in league play.  

Bonus Odds! 

Odds to win at least share of NLC Varsity Football Championship

Warsaw (3:2)- explanation above. 

Concord (3:1)- current league leader. More to find out tonight

NorthWood (3:1)- Only loss is agaisnt a state contender

Northridge (3:1)- Two solid wins

Plymouth (3:1)- if they win tonight, odds will change drastically

Memorial (12:1)- uphill battle at this point, starting off at last place in the league for the 15th consecutive (but final!!!) season

Wawasee/Goshen (250:1)- combo pick!!! If you pick one of these, you get two for the price of one!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slick John Picanos said:

#1 song on September 5 1997: Notorious BIG feat. Puff Daddy and Mase- Mo' Money Mo' Problems....Mo' Jersey's/Mo' Helmets Mo' Problems??? 

Slick...I love your reference here, and I love your profile pic!  Prime time!

Edited by Fairfield02

These are my NLC predictions this week:

Elkhart Memorial 28 Goshen 14:  It will be close at halftime, but a few turnovers will hurt the Redhawks. 

Wawasee 0 Northridge 42:  Looking at the first two weeks, it seems obvious that this might be a bit of a mismatch.

Northwood 21 Concord 31:  If you want to call it an upset, go ahead...but I think the Panthers might have been exposed a little bit last week...against a darn good opponent.  The fact that it wasn't close though, should make us all realizes that the Panthers are human.  I still think it will be tough for NW to replace such a talented point scorer they have have had for the past three years.

Warsaw 49 Plymouth 42:  This one might be a shootout...regardless, I still like what the Tigers are doing,and I think, in the end, it gets the best of Plymouth.     

After last week I'm 12 and 2, somehow forgot to pick the Concord/Memorial game last week. 

Conference play finally starts for everyone tonight. 

Concord over NW in a close one.  This is a toss up for me but I'll give them the edge playing at Jake Field tonight, not much insight, just a gut feeling. 

Memorial over Goshen by double digits - Maybe Goshen keeps it close for a quarter or two, but I think tonight Memorial gets their first of a few wins this year. 

Northridge over Wawasee by double digits.

Warsaw over Plymouth - by double digits.   Warsaw will control the clock which will keep the Rockies possessions to a minimum.  Although Baron is top 5 in passing yards in the state so far, it won't be enough to beat the Tigers tonight, nor will a botched field goal call. 

I don’t feel like anyone was hating on Plymouth recently. Just overconfidence in Warsaw. Great win by the Rockies. Scoring first and keeping the lead was big for them in securing the victory. Bart Ball offense is tough to play from behind with.

NLC season should be great. Firmly believe no team will go undefeated in the conference, and Plymouth, Concord, Northridge, NorthWood and Warsaw all will have a chance to win the league.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I don’t feel like anyone was hating on Plymouth recently. Just overconfidence in Warsaw. Great win by the Rockies. Scoring first and keeping the lead was big for them in securing the victory. Bart Ball offense is tough to play from behind with.

NLC season should be great. Firmly believe no team will go undefeated in the conference, and Plymouth, Concord, Northridge, NorthWood and Warsaw all will have a chance to win the league.

I would agree, except I think the odds of Northwood winning are lower than the others.  Plymouth is off to a great start.

7 hours ago, Roadwarrior75 said:

Lmaooo the Plymouth haters are mighty quiet this morning..... tail between legs? Awful lot of confidence in this thread Pro-Tigers... or arrogance... any other excuses the people need to hear about? All ears 😂

Who is this guy?  If you are a Wawasee Warrior fan, then I guess laughing at other people's misfortunes makes you very different than us....because none of us are laughing at ALL of yours.  #dudecameoutswinging

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should be a fun one this Friday night at the Rockpile.

I pulled into Northridge to pick my son up as our game was finishing up last night, but it sounded like our run game just wore the Warriors down in the second half. 

I had a job in Bremen last night that kept me from seeing our game, but allowed me to take in part of the Bremen/Glenn game.  Always kind of fun seeing things from a different perspective. 

Congrats to Plymouth on the big win, you guys didn't even need a bad call to pull it out this year.  I didn't see it happening, but may end up being a good thing for Warsaw to learn from. 

Those two teams have an awesome historic hatred for one another.  Honestly I'm kind of jealous we don't have a true arch enemy like those two.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 7:58 AM, Roadwarrior75 said:

Lmaooo the Plymouth haters are mighty quiet this morning..... tail between legs? Awful lot of confidence in this thread Pro-Tigers... or arrogance... any other excuses the people need to hear about? All ears 😂

Calm down little boy......

SF sees this week as being a very telling week for the NLC teams.....No predictions, but wait and see how the dust settles Friday night.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Calm down little boy......

SF sees this week as being a very telling week for the NLC teams.....No predictions, but wait and see how the dust settles Friday night.....

Been reading these NLC threads for years. Love when the homers are wrong. (Players see these too btw, I'm sure it fuels their fire)

15 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Per Coach Curtis twitter account, Warsaw kicker Harrison Mevis has committed to Missouri one day after receiving an offer for a full ride scholarship!

Very cool. Not only has he consistently made far kicks, but clutch kicks as well. Great to see Northern IN kids make it big.