Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Minneapolis Police Killed George Floyd, Then Failed To Protect Property Owners From Riots

Muda69

On 7/13/2020 at 3:03 PM, Muda69 said:

Defense attorney: Vauhxx Booker was 'instigator and agitator' in July 4 Lake Monroe incident

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/13/lake-monroe-incident-attorney-says-booker-instigator-and-agitator/5427775002/

And the whole time I thought this was just another case of white guys exercising  privilege.....That's what the news said......"LYNCHING ON THEIR MINDS" 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/09/lake-monroe-video-what-we-know-reported-racist-attack/5404814002/

"I was almost the victim of an attempted lynching"

https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/05/bloomington-man-threatened-with-noose-during-assault-at-lake-monroe/

https://newsone.com/3971792/lake-monroe-lynching-video-bloomington-indiana/

DRAMA!!!

dramatic drama GIF

9 hours ago, Temptation said:

True or false:  This would have been the lead story on EVERY national news network all week were the skin color reversed.

(Waiting on folks to justify murder based on words coming out of someone else’s mouth.)

44DC0BF4-2C06-40D8-8EB3-CF10D2429470.jpeg

When I’ve got the time, I’m going to link to the comments on reddit about this, since they have criticized this case in far greater detail than what I can do.

3 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

When I’ve got the time, I’m going to link to the comments on reddit about this, since they have criticized this case in far greater detail than what I can do.

Forward them to CNN once you’re done.

4 hours ago, swordfish said:

And the whole time I thought this was just another case of white guys exercising  privilege.....That's what the news said......"LYNCHING ON THEIR MINDS" 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/09/lake-monroe-video-what-we-know-reported-racist-attack/5404814002/

https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/05/bloomington-man-threatened-with-noose-during-assault-at-lake-monroe/

DRAMA!!!

dramatic drama GIF

“There is no mention of lynching in the videos Booker posted.”

Not my words and not even saying it didn’t happen but the Jessie Smollett and Bubba Wallace “stories” give folks pause.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, swordfish said:

DRAMA!!!

dramatic drama GIF

This is only the defenses version of the story. There is less evidence to support their version than there is for Booker's. 

If someone WAS punched in the face, who was it? There is not a person in that group that has a mark on them, or even mentions that as happening. If Booker and his group were instigating things, no one can reach that conclusion from the video. 

Booker IS however, the one pinned against the tree by multiple people. 

Why didn't anyone from the defense group's side start recording as well???? 

Funny what people choose to accept as fact and what they choose to reject. 

44 minutes ago, Temptation said:

“There is no mention of lynching in the videos Booker posted.”

Not my words and not even saying it didn’t happen but the Jessie Smollett and Bubba Wallace “stories” give folks pause.

You cannot put Jussie and Bubba in the same category. Jussie's we know was completely made up. Bubba's garage actually DID have a noose; regardless of how or when it was put there, it is a noose. It is the ONLY garage on the entire NASCAR circuit that has one for a door pull rope. His team reported it; it was investigated. Bubba did nothing wrong. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

You cannot put Jussie and Bubba in the same category. Jussie's we know was completely made up. Bubba's garage actually DID have a noose; regardless of how or when it was put there, it is a noose. It is the ONLY garage on the entire NASCAR circuit that has one for a door pull rope. His team reported it; it was investigated. Bubba did nothing wrong. 

Do you know what a noose is?  If not, look it up.  

Bubba did nothing wrong until he doubled down in his interview with Don Lemon AFTER FIFTEEN (yes 15) FBI agents were brought in and concluded there was NO evidence of a hate crime.

9 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

@Temptation

ONE side pulled the trigger and murdered someone on the other side with said gun.  End of story.

I don’t care how “racially charged” the argument was.  Words don’t justify murder...in ANY situation.

And why is it that some folks want to wait for the “facts to come out” on the entire story when it fits their narrative?  Sure as hell hasn’t happened the last two months.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I know exactly what a noose is, and that was a noose. I had been a scout master for a number of years, and the knot defined as a noose was the exact same knot found on that door. 

I'm a bass fisherman. That was a 6 turn San Diego jam knot. One of the strongest knots for big bass. The biggest bass are in the south and I'll bet whoever tied that knot 6 months earlier was an advid bass fisherman..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Howe said:

I'm a bass fisherman. That was a 6 turn San Diego jam knot. One of the strongest knots for big bass. The biggest bass are in the south and I'll bet whoever tied that knot 6 months earlier was an advid bass fisherman..

That knot has the free end running outside the turns and through the loop, and is only tightened when pulled close to the hook. A noose has the free end running inside the turns.  The noose in the garage has the free end running inside the turns.

noose on the door 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d3359d9e2c1290885d0225a2218f039.jpeg

6 turn San Diego Jam Knot

image.thumb.jpeg.be88b07f039ae24b11dd5d679c6d6eef.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Ok Mr. Scoutmaster, was it a noose or hangman's knot

That is the same knot. 

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That knot has the free end running outside the turns and through the loop, and is only tightened when pulled close to the hook. A noose has the free end running inside the turns.  The noose in the garage has the free end running inside the turns.

noose on the door 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d3359d9e2c1290885d0225a2218f039.jpeg

6 turn San Diego Jam Knot

image.thumb.jpeg.be88b07f039ae24b11dd5d679c6d6eef.jpeg

That is the same knot. 

A 360 degree view of the knot tied to the garage door would be needed to determine if the tag end is inside or outside the turns. A two dimensional photograph does not show if the tag end is inside or outside the turns.

5 minutes ago, Howe said:

A 360 degree view of the knot tied to the garage door would be needed to determine if the tag end is inside or outside the turns. A two dimensional photograph does not show if the tag end is inside or outside the turns.

But what is clear to see is that the free End runs through the loop on yours, where it does not on the noose. It runs inside the turns. Those differences are visible. 

A093940F-2A30-4DBC-B905-A8D2EEA8F58D.jpeg

E4A13CE1-1A50-4D33-8E7B-E4DAE0DC6E00.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That is the same knot. 

Technically. Following American knot terms, the Hangman’s Noose is often just called a noose. In Europe, primarily London, the Hangman’s knot has fewer turns. 

26 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Technically. Following American knot terms, the Hangman’s Noose is often just called a noose. In Europe, primarily London, the Hangman’s knot has fewer turns. 

Oh geez.  This is now officially pathetic. Regardless of the above conversation, the FBI (yes the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATORS) was brought in (have I mentioned FIFTEEN, yet?) and found no evidence of a hate crime.

The rope in question was there months in advance and garages were assigned randomly the week of the race.

If it were to just end there, my analogy does not make sense but as I said Bubba went on CNN and doubled down on his stance to try to extend his 15 minutes of fame basically scoffing at the FBI’s findings.

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Oh geez.  This is now officially pathetic. Regardless of the above conversation, the FBI (yes the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATORS) was brought in (have I mentioned FIFTEEN, yet?) and found no evidence of a hate crime.

The rope in question was there months in advance and garages were assigned randomly the week of the race.

If it were to just end there, my analogy does not make sense but as I said Bubba went on CNN and doubled down on his stance to try to extend his 15 minutes of fame basically scoffing at the FBI’s findings.

He never did scoff at the FBI investigation..... One thing he did say  "It was a noose," Wallace said. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying."

22 minutes ago, Irishman said:

He never did scoff at the FBI investigation..... One thing he did say  "It was a noose," Wallace said. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying."

Once again, trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.  He has been much more popular/known for this incident than anything he’s accomplished  in his sport so far so he has much to gain.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Once again, trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.  He has been much more popular/known for this incident than anything he’s accomplished  in his sport so far so he has much to gain.

He did NOTHING wrong.....but by all means, let's continue to attack him and just make absolutely sure no other minority drivers will compete in the cup series. 

7 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You mean he couldn't have said...."I appreciate the FBI investigation and am very happy there was no intended malice...time for all of us to move on to the next race."

Maybe he could have, but still he did not say or do anything wrong. 

Just now, TrojanDad said:

You and I differ on personal accountability...he could have easily diffused the situation, based off of the facts of an independent investigation by a qualified party.  He continued to leave an impression with people.

Wording technically may not have been "wrong", but his intentions were questionable at best.

Or maybe he just left an impression with people looking for a reason to continue to attack or be critical of him??? Bottom line is for those people, there is absolutely nothing he could have said to change their minds about him. 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Or maybe he just left an impression with people looking for a reason to continue to attack or be critical of him??? Bottom line is for those people, there is absolutely nothing he could have said to change their minds about him. 

Much like there is absolutely nothing somebody like Mr. Trump can say to change "those people's" minds about him.

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

No one KNEW him enough before this incident to need their minds changed and instead of diffusing the situation and commenting positively regarding the FBI’s findings, he kept the spark alive that they were at least “wrong” about the noose.

Now folks’ minds are made up (many were prior to the investigation because that’s what people do in 2020) about him and he’s even parlayed it into a couple of sponsorship deals despite being mediocre at best at his craft.

As I said in an earlier post, he had a lot to gain and played it perfectly.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, Irishman said:

He did NOTHING wrong.....

Well in fairness - he didn't "experience" the knot......In the new Covid age - Drivers don't even get to the garages before or after the races.......unlike before.....so he didn't even "see" the "noose" in the garage to begin with.......

Secondarily and totally IMHO (not related to Bubba) - who would install an operating slip knot on a garage pull?  It makes no sense.  A loop, yes, but a knot that would  or could close shut on one's hand while grabbing hold of it and pulling doesn't seem to be a smart way for a garage door at a professional race track to be operating......no matter the "intent".....So I don't really buy into the "noose" rhetoric surrounding this since I can't visualize a crew putting an operating slipknot on a garage pull......

So in conclusion (again - IMHO) a mid-level NASCAR driver who hasn't won a race at this level and was mostly an unknown is on the verge of becoming (in his mind) the Colin Kaepernick of NASCAR.......when (IMHO) he is actually more suited to become the Danika Patrick of the sport.......except that she actually won an Indy Car race.......