Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jeff QB Transfers to Valpo

On 5/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, Temptation said:

Valpo controlled Dwenger last year and just got a game changing QB...

That’s enough for me.

Not sure we watched the same game. The game I saw had Valpo winning 10-7 in a pretty close battle. 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, Bobref said:

I thought that if he had played even halfway decent against Dwenger, it would have been a 3 TD game.

Rose colored glasses. I guess Dwenger's highly touted defense didn't have anything to do with they way Valpo's quarterback played. Three touchdowns? That's figuring everything going right for Valpo and nothing going right for Dwenger. What if everything went right for the Saints and nothing for the Vikings? Dwenger by three touchdowns? C'mon man, seriously. How about a simple congratulations to Valpo for winning a hard fought game?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Rose colored glasses. I guess Dwenger's highly touted defense didn't have anything to do with they way Valpo's quarterback played. Three touchdowns? That's figuring everything going right for Valpo and nothing going right for Dwenger. What if everything went right for the Saints and nothing for the Vikings? Dwenger by three touchdowns? C'mon man, seriously. How about a simple congratulations to Valpo for winning a hard fought game?

I was there, on the sidelines. I know what I saw. It’s just an opinion. 

What in the wild, wild world of sports!?!
How didn’t he, as a QB, transfer to a poor ole’ Indy Parochial school like every QB apparently does per the crowd here?  How did he slip between the cracks?  

Better yet, a Private school like Cathedral with big Indy money and a personal limo ............or Danville with that really nice doublewide trailer park (which seems to be the haven for wayward Central Indiana public school QBs)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

I was there, on the sidelines. I know what I saw. It’s just an opinion. 

I respect your opinion, I just think you are biased in one direction. Since you're from the region, you look at all the things that could have happened on behalf of Valpo. I look at the missed opportunities by Dwenger as a result of being Fort Wayne.................human nature. 

I do think Valpo is the team to beat this year up north.................possibly all of 5a. Good luck to them, I'd like to see them get a state championship. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

I respect your opinion, I just think you are biased in one direction. Since you're from the region, you look at all the things that could have happened on behalf of Valpo. I look at the missed opportunities by Dwenger as a result of being Fort Wayne.................human nature. 

I do think Valpo is the team to beat this year up north.................possibly all of 5a. Good luck to them, I'd like to see them get a state championship. 

We can all rewatch it and opine away.  Gee, what did I miss yesterday?  I was picking my nose again.  I remember when Luers was supposed to lose by 50 to Ritter, the good Lord's gift to FB.

Opperman spent the entire second half of the 5a championship game overthrowing wide open Valpo receivers.  It was incredibly frustrating to watch.  He was 13-31 on the night.  42% completion rate.  Awful at any level.  He is a terrific looking athlete.  Long and lanky.  very smart.  Strong leadership skills.  He just could not seem to get the ball anywhere near where his receivers could make a catch and run to a big gain.  Valpo would have won the game with just "average" QB play.  

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Opperman spent the entire second half of the 5a championship game overthrowing wide open Valpo receivers.  It was incredibly frustrating to watch.  He was 13-31 on the night.  42% completion rate.  Awful at any level.  He is a terrific looking athlete.  Long and lanky.  very smart.  Strong leadership skills.  He just could not seem to get the ball anywhere near where his receivers could make a catch and run to a big gain.  Valpo would have won the game with just "average" QB play.  

I wonder how Dwenger would have done with, as a friend put it, a "real" runner running the ball.  Whatever that means.  I was working too much to watch a lot of Dwenger this year. 

1 hour ago, DT said:

If Valpo plays their best game and Dwenger plays their best game, Valpo wins the game. Valpo probably wins that game 8 out of 10. No one is claiming Dwenger was the better team. They weren't. But there certainly wasn't a 21 point difference between the two programs as one on here suggested. 

If Robert is correct, and Dwenger is better this year than last, then Valpo will have their hands full at semi-state. Personally, I like the direction the Vikings are headed. And with this stud quarterback transferring from Jeff, I'd like to think that Valpo might be the team to beat in all of 5a. Good luck to them. 

8 hours ago, BTF said:

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

If Valpo plays their best game and Dwenger plays their best game, Valpo wins the game. Valpo probably wins that game 8 out of 10. No one is claiming Dwenger was the better team. They weren't. But there certainly wasn't a 21 point difference between the two programs as one on here suggested. 

If Robert is correct, and Dwenger is better this year than last, then Valpo will have their hands full at semi-state. Personally, I like the direction the Vikings are headed. And with this stud quarterback transferring from Jeff, I'd like to think that Valpo might be the team to beat in all of 5a. Good luck to them. 

Whoa! I never said Valpo was 21 pts. better than Dwenger. What I said was that if the Valpo QB had played even a halfway decent game that night, Valpo would have won that game by 3 TDS. I’m sure you understand the difference. And as for bias, I was there to observe and evaluate the officiating crew, not as a fan. I spent 40 seasons on the field being unbiased on a professional level. I’m probably the least biased guy on the GID.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, Bobref said:

I thought that if he had played even halfway decent against Dwenger, it would have been a 3 TD game.

If Dwenger would have played better in the special teams game, they would have won.  If Dwenger would have used their playmakers more often in the open field, they would have won.  If Dwenger would have played at home.......but they didn’t and they lost 10-7.  However, it wasn’t a 3 TD game.  That QB didn’t play well because Dwenger’s defense and was the best in the state.  Outside of the initial drive and a FG from a botched punt, Valpo didn’t do much offensively.  

On 5/31/2020 at 9:10 PM, BTF said:

I could not agree with you more.  One of the more shake my head comments I’ve seen in a while.  Dwenger was a dropped 3rd down pass in side the 15 from scoring in the 3rd as well.  If they would have kept throwing the ball, the turnovers would have started to happen for Valpo which is why they kept it on the ground. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, Bobref said:

Whoa! I never said Valpo was 21 pts. better than Dwenger. What I said was that if the Valpo QB had played even a halfway decent game that night, Valpo would have won that game by 3 TDS. I’m sure you understand the difference. And as for bias, I was there to observe and evaluate the officiating crew, not as a fan. I spent 40 seasons on the field being unbiased on a professional level. I’m probably the least biased guy on the GID.

The officiating was fine.  They missed holding calls in Valpo’s favor if you’re a BD fan.  They called a few holding penalties on big plays that shouldn’t have been if you’re a Valpo fan. The bottom line is Valpo made 1 more play than Dwenger. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:47 AM, Robert said:

Dwenger has a new OC and DC.  We'll see how they turn out.   Dwenger followers often say that the HC puts the stronger players on defense rather than offense.  They say the wrong running back was playing.  I don't know, I just pick my nose. 

That is true.  Defense thus far always has had “first pick”. I was told they try to limit 2 way players as much as possible.  From an injury standpoint, it seems to be a good move up to a point but at some point, you play to win as opposed to saving for another game. 
The running backs they used to start the game likely should not have started.  They were both fun to watch during the season and they played well against teams but If you ask around, most everyone says not playing 21(Finley)and 25(D Tippmann I think) there all season Became problematic on developing offensive identity.  Ellinger would have been fun to watch there too if not injured. Ultimate Dwenger offense  played an average game as Valpo was really good defensively and kept Dwenger from keeping drives alive. 

6 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Ultimate Dwenger offense  played an average game as Valpo was really good defensively and kept Dwenger from keeping drives alive. 

Fair assessment. And don’t forget to credit the Valpo punter. IMO he was the MVP of the game.

• Like 1