Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove's Austin Booker picks Minnesota

I take this as a sign that PJ is planning on staying in Minnesota for a while.  The Gophers are on the cusp of overtaking Wisconsin as the top dog in the West.  He has done a sensational job there.

https://247sports.com/season/2019-football/collegeteamtalentcomposite/

UM was #46 on the composite roster rankings with the youngest D1 team in the country last year.  Look for them to move up considerably over the next two years.  Top 25 I would expect.  

Interesting how some of the glamour college football jobs dont look so glamorous anymore.  USC   Texas.   Florida State.  Oregon.  Miami.  UCLA.  Minnesota has a legit shot at a BT Title, playoff berth and potential national championship given their current trajectory.  I hate to see IU lose a kid like Booker.  But he clearly sees what is going on in Mpls.  Hope the current racial issues in the Twin Cities dont scare off all the minority athletes.  That could quickly undo all the great work Fleck has done.

Edited by DT

57 minutes ago, DT said:

I take this as a sign that PJ is planning on staying in Minnesota for a while.  The Gophers are on the cusp of overtaking Wisconsin as the top dog in the West.  He has done a sensational job there.

https://247sports.com/season/2019-football/collegeteamtalentcomposite/

UM was #46 on the composite roster rankings with the youngest D1 team in the country last year.  Look for them to move up considerably over the next two years.  Top 25 I would expect.  

Interesting how some of the glamour college football jobs dont look so glamorous anymore.  USC   Texas.   Florida State.  Oregon.  Miami.  UCLA.  Minnesota has a legit shot at a BT Title, playoff berth and potential national championship given their current trajectory.  I hate to see IU lose a kid like Booker.  But he clearly sees what is going on in Mpls.  Hope the current racial issues in the Twin Cities dont scare off all the minority athletes.  That could quickly undo all the great work Fleck has done.

Easy now.  I need to see one more season of PJ before anointing him.

Minnesota’s schedule was soft last year.  They barely escaped three non conference games and got blown out at home against Wisconsin.

Their recruiting trajectory is up, I’ll give you that. Helps that they actually have legitimate on campus facilities now.

They'll be in the discussion in the west but Iowa and Wisconsin aren’t going anywhere.

Let’s pump the brakes on the national championship talk, lol.

By the way, Congrats to Booker!  (Not going down this rabbit hole again.)

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Easy now.  I need to see one more season of PJ before anointing him.

Minnesota’s schedule was soft last year.  They barely escaped three non conference games and got blown out at home against Wisconsin.

Their recruiting trajectory is up, I’ll give you that. Helps that they actually have legitimate on campus facilities now.

They'll be in the discussion in the west but Iowa and Wisconsin aren’t going anywhere.

Let’s pump the brakes on the national championship talk, lol.

By the way, Congrats to Booker!  (Not going down this rabbit hole again.)

After OSU, Minnesota is as likely to rep the Big Ten in the playoffs as any other conference school.  You've go to give credit where credit is due.  Wisconsin is not the program it was 5 years ago.  Iowa is up and down from year to year.  Nebraska has been nothing more than hype.  The Northwestern miracle is just that - a miracle.  Purdue and Illinois will continue to pick up the scraps.

Minnesota is becoming what Wisconsin has been.  A big, bruising, physically dominating football team.  Very impressive

PJ, Lovie, Brohm and Allen all stepped up at about the same time.  Fleck has clearly lapped his contemporarys when it comes to on field results.

I doubt they talk about national championships or even Big ten championships in the locker rooms at Illinois, IU and PU.  They talk about being consistent and competitive.

At Minnesota, they are talking about a much higher set of goals

Edited by DT

7 hours ago, DT said:

After OSU, Minnesota is as likely to rep the Big Ten in the playoffs as any other conference school.  You've go to give credit where credit is due.  Wisconsin is not the program it was 5 years ago.  Iowa is up and down from year to year.  Nebraska has been nothing more than hype.  The Northwestern miracle is just that - a miracle.  Purdue and Illinois will continue to pick up the scraps.

Minnesota is becoming what Wisconsin has been.  A big, bruising, physically dominating football team.  Very impressive

PJ, Lovie, Brohm and Allen all stepped up at about the same time.  Fleck has clearly lapped his contemporarys when it comes to on field results.

I doubt they talk about national championships or even Big ten championships in the locker rooms at Illinois, IU and PU.  They talk about being consistent and competitive.

Once again, congrats to Booker.  Create a thread in the OT forum if you wanna have some Big Ten football hierarchy convo.  I’m always game to go toe to toe.

11 hours ago, DT said:

Whoa, wait a minute. Hairball seems to think MeatChicken is next.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh says Wolverines are 'as close as you can possibly be' to national title

I love Michigan football, but they just don't seem to have enough horses to run with the Blue Chips

Harbaugh has the program at Lloyd Carr level.   Not Bo Schembechler level.    

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Indiana and even Purdue, would probably beat Minnesota this year. Fleck is a used car salesman. Row the Boat. Lol.

His schtick may work in the MAC, but this is the Big Ten, way different.