Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

2 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Tipton totally lacked class at the end of the game last night.  Just have to get one more score against a team, who lost half of their team just before the game.  Props to LCC for putting up a good fight after being decimated by contact tracing!

A backup kid scoring a 1 yard TD with a minute to go in a 2 score game is not lack of class in my opinion but if that’s your opinion so be it. Also Tipton was missing as many or more starters last night than LCC. LCC was missing mostly freshman and a couple sophomores. 

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

A backup kid scoring a 1 yard TD with a minute to go in a 2 score game is not lack of class in my opinion but if that’s your opinion so be it. Also Tipton was missing as many or more starters last night than LCC. LCC was missing mostly freshman and a couple sophomores. 

Yeah, it’s not like Tipton ran the score up to 56-6 at halftime or anything.

• Disdain 1

3 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Totally should’ve took a knee!  Doesn’t surprise me at all!

17 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

So proud of Tyson Johnson. A great young man. He would have broke every single receiving record had he stayed here. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:18 PM, captainobvious said:

Totally should’ve took a knee!  Doesn’t surprise me at all!

Not like it was a blow out game. It was a two score game with a excellent LCC team.  You never know what could happen. The kid who scored is a senior backup. These are not professional athletes. We are living on a week to week dealio right now with COVID and the kid who scored is a senior and with injuries and dang contact tracing/COVID, you never know when your last week will be. Just let these players enjoy the chances they get when every game could be your last game forever. (since many won't play after high school)

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:28 PM, Fballfan15 said:

When that happened I said to myself "Coach Tolle must have a spread bet in and that missed Extra Point was going to cost him. The excuse I was given is the kid is a senior who never plays. Thank God For Max Preps. The Kid has 128 total rushing yards on and season and scored TD in 2 other games. So that's a LOAD of BS. There is a difference in having injuries and having starters pulled from school on Friday thrusting JV Kids into starting varsity roles. Or regular one way starters into 2 way starters day of. 

22 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

When that happened I said to myself "Coach Tolle must have a spread bet in and that missed Extra Point was going to cost him. The excuse I was given is the kid is a senior who never plays. Thank God For Max Preps. The Kid has 128 total rushing yards on and season and scored TD in 2 other games. So that's a LOAD of BS. There is a difference in having injuries and having starters pulled from school on Friday thrusting JV Kids into starting varsity roles. Or regular one way starters into 2 way starters day of. 

It would seem only fitting that Central Catholic and Tipton play in the Week 9 crossover. Let’s settle this dispute on the field. Tipton varsity vs Central Catholic’s varsity.

• Like 2

LCCAlum 96   29
CoachSnyder 96   29
coachanderson 95   30
Fballfan15 94   31
Lc_Bears_04 94   31
gonzoron 93   32
CoachDurham 92   33
FarmerFran 92   33
Rstandish 91   34
captainobvious 90   35
foxbat 89   36
obi-wan 88   37
MrsStandishDB 88   37
Mod22 87   38
DonnieBaker 86   39
nmsu_aggie 86   39
footballer_02 84   41
skeeterman 83   42
coachmurray 83   42
TheStatGuy 81   44
muda69 81   44
warriorbroncho77 80   45
CamB31 77   48
Nowlin 72   53
brvheart63 36   89
NEIfootballGuy 13   112

On 9/19/2020 at 12:28 PM, Fballfan15 said:

I’m curious with Central Catholic missing so many starters, will Tipton put an asterisk next to the score on the headstone in the grave yard? I believe they should!

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

If that was the case then he would have left the starter in to score instead of putting a backup in. Also if you would have looked further at Max Preps you would have seen that he got those rushing yards in the 4th quarter of blown out wins. 

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

I’m curious with Central Catholic missing so many starters, will Tipton put an asterisk next to the score on the headstone in the grave yard? I believe they should!

Tipton and LCC were missing the same amount of starters. Difference is Tipton was down an All State player, Lcc was not.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

You need to be given an excuse for not kneeling in a two score ball game where the team on defense had two timeouts in their pocket? I recall LCC being up two scores against Tipton 6 or 7 years ago with 3 or 4 minutes left in the ballgame and Tipton ending up winning so you can appreciate the sentiment that its not over until its over.

If Tipton takes a knee and Nay uses his timeouts and gets the ball back, then the game changes, especially against a team like LCC that throws the ball downfield. If the roles were reversed and LCC was up 13 points in the waning minutes, I would fully expect them to punch it in from the 5.

This is silliness, but I'm getting the vibe that you know that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

They definitely should! The asterisk explanation at the bottom will probably read: "LCC was down 4 starting positions. Tipton was down 5 starting positions. The final score was almost exactly what Sagarin predicted it would be." 😉

Would be cool to play LCC again. Coach Nay and his program are highly regarded in Tipton County.

• Haha 2

As the offensive coordinator at Tipton, the thought of taking a knee never crossed my mind! I have a ton of respect for LCC and their ability to score quickly. We were on edge every time they had the ball. It was not brought up until my father showed up on Saturday evening for a cook out and mentioned that the channel 40 folks were talking about it. 

I have a great relationship with Coach Nay. There is a ton of mutual respect between our programs. I texted him immediately once I heard folks were making it a big deal to make sure he was not upset. He was not.

I think we can put this to bed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

You need to be given an excuse for not kneeling in a two score ball game where the team on defense had two timeouts in their pocket? I recall LCC being up two scores against Tipton 6 or 7 years ago with 3 or 4 minutes left in the ballgame and Tipton ending up winning so you can appreciate the sentiment that its not over until its over.

If Tipton takes a knee and Nay uses his timeouts and gets the ball back, then the game changes, especially against a team like LCC that throws the ball downfield. If the roles were reversed and LCC was up 13 points in the waning minutes, I would fully expect them to punch it in from the 5.

As we say at HH, “Paint a rock, ya gotta expect painted rocks back” haha haha! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

Don't you think if Coach Nay was going to use his timeouts, he would have after Tipton got the first down knowing the clock is going to start? 

The LCC gauntlet continues with Rennsselaer this week. We will still be without the services of all those players. I don't believe those players will be back until the Benton Central Game because of practice rules.

9 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Quick Question: Did RC Take a knee on the 2 last year vs Tipton?

They sure did. Up three scores and no timeouts from the opposition, if I'm not mistaken. Unlike on Friday. There would be no flak from me if they would have chosen to run another play at the end, either. Would have hardly been "running it up" in a 17 point high school football game.

Is this the hill you've chosen to die on? If so, its not very high. 

• Haha 2

Yes, had to go look at film to remind myself, but we took the ball in the 4th quarter and ran the ball 12 straight plays and the 12th play was 3rd and 1 from the 5 yard line that play gained 3 yards and made it 1st and goal from the 2.    2 knee outs and after that.  Game was essentially over when we got that 1st down.   With Sectionals the following week, the job was done, no need to run any more at that point.  

I learned long ago that you can only concern yourself and your energy with things you have control over.    

ME THINKS, someone is having some fun at the expense of the Blue Devil faithful.    :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes, had to go look at film to remind myself, but we took the ball in the 4th quarter and ran the ball 12 straight plays and the 12th play was 3rd and 1 from the 5 yard line that play gained 3 yards and made it 1st and goal from the 2.    2 knee outs and after that.  Game was essentially over when we got that 1st down.   With Sectionals the following week, the job was done, no need to run any more at that point.  

I learned long ago that you can only concern yourself and your energy with things you have control over.    

ME THINKS, someone is having some fun at the expense of the Blue Devil faithful.    :classic_laugh:

👍  yep..no one cares coach... the knights hav muc adversity to overcome this yr if they r gonna successfully defend their title.... that can b a good thing... we c...  on the plus side... they r developing depth.... 

It's nice to come back and still see the LCC/Tipton love affair.

Back in the day, the elder Coach Tolle would have run a flea flicker up 50 in the last minute of a game.  How quickly people forget the good old days!

Thanks for the reading guys.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

They sure did. Up three scores and no timeouts from the opposition, if I'm not mistaken. Unlike on Friday. There would be no flak from me if they would have chosen to run another play at the end, either. Would have hardly been "running it up" in a 17 point high school football game.

Is this the hill you've chosen to die on? If so, its not very high. 

Easy to say that in hindsight. 

I've been around this hill a lot longer than you have.