Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Radtke leaving Portage - heading to Knox

38 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The Midwest Conference is doing just fine.  There is too much legend and tradition for any member school to consider packing it in.  

I do think they need to find a few other schools. Carroll and Delphi make a lot of sense... Huge problem is.. When Frontier, Tri County, South Newton, West Central and North White are bad.. They are horrendous. Its one of the big reasons why Winamac and Pioneer left. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I do think they need to find a few other schools. Carroll and Delphi make a lot of sense... Huge problem is.. When Frontier, Tri County, South Newton, West Central and North White are bad.. They are horrendous. Its one of the big reasons why Winamac and Pioneer left. 

Noted.  But standings always do cascade. Although it’s SN’s turn at the bottom now, they’ll start winning eventually while some other team, such as NN or TC might find a hard time winning,  And with Pioneer and Winamac bolting, I think it had to do with geography as well as wins and losses.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, DT said:

Presently on vacation DT. But the more the merrier. Plenty of floor space. 😊 

Our view of the Atlantic from the 20th floor  

69FAF1F9-2CB4-46ED-A799-73EDDAC9F5B5.jpeg

Just now, DannEllenwood said:

Presently on vacation DT. But the more the merrier. Plenty of floor space. 😊 

Our view of the Atlantic from the 20th floor  

69FAF1F9-2CB4-46ED-A799-73EDDAC9F5B5.jpeg

Fabulous.  Daytona Beach?  

34 minutes ago, DT said:

You two should get a room

Cheers  😆 

🍻 or 🍷 or 🍹 

Just now, DT said:

Fabulous.  Daytona Beach?  

It is beautiful. 
Nope. Not Daytona Beach. We are near West Palm Beach. Springer Island (Riviera Beach). 

Flew into Fort Lauderdale. We are about 45 minutes north of the airport. We made a wrong turn getting on expressway to hotel. Saw the Hardrock Hotel (Miami) that is shaped like a giant guitar. Very cool skyline. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

In Florida.  When the "hoax" numbers are rising. 

Pretty smart. 

I will let you know in 14 days. 😉 

Lively and back to normal. Every place we’ve been, the staffs have had masks on. I would say 95-99% of all people (non staff workers) I have seen (young-old) have not worn masks. People loving life, wisely. 
The sun, warm weather, salt water, and beach air has been invigorating. 

Where we are at in Florida, prudent measure have been taken. Everyone is doing a nice job. Gonna be hard to leave here Sunday morning. 

We fly back into Midway Airport (Chicago’s smaller airport). I will make sure to wave as we fly over Winamac. 👋 

Airplane policies are: masks must be worn throughout the flight, except when eating the complimentary trail mix and warm can of water.  I hope the “virus” knows to go dormant when we are all eating and drinking. 

The vacation has been a lot of fun. I highly recommend if you get the chance. Be well all. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

In Florida.  When the "hoax" numbers are rising. 

Pretty smart. 

Plus. We booked everything months ago. We were able to get $800/night rooms for $250/night. Pretty smart. 

On 6/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, Gipper said:

Noted.  But standings always do cascade. Although it’s SN’s turn at the bottom now, they’ll start winning eventually while some other team, such as NN or TC might find a hard time winning,  And with Pioneer and Winamac bolting, I think it had to do with geography as well as wins and losses.

That too. 

Imo. My perfect conf would be

Pioneer, Caston, Knox, Judson, Culver, North White and West Central.. All 35 miles or closer. Haha. 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

That could work.  The current reincarnation of the Midwest Conference is similar to that with the exception of North Newton to Frontier—43 miles.

Thats what the HNAC was going to be. North White and West Central drug their feet, Triton and LaVille joined. West Central then quickly moved to join, then North White i guess asked to be in after saying no to invite from hnac but was denied, then joined hoosier heartland as football only till new MWC was created. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Thats what the HNAC was going to be. North White and West Central drug their feet, Triton and LaVille joined. West Central then quickly moved to join, then North White i guess asked to be in after saying no to invite from hnac but was denied, then joined hoosier heartland as football only till new MWC was created. 

I’m glad is getting better geographically.  I’m also happy the more traditional rivalries such as NN-SN are preserved as well as the White County schools being in the same league.

I wonder if White County will be renamed in light of recent events.  That's probably as likely as South Newton retiring the Rebel mascot.

#thesouthwillriseagain

4 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

That too. 

Imo. My perfect conf would be

Pioneer, Caston, Knox, Judson, Culver, North White and West Central.. All 35 miles or closer. Haha. 

Are you including Winamac in there too?  If Winamac too, add KV and Rensselaer. I know it won’t happen but would still be a good conference. 

44 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I’m glad is getting better geographically.  I’m also happy the more traditional rivalries such as NN-SN are preserved as well as the White County schools being in the same league.

I wonder if White County will be renamed in light of recent events.  That's probably as likely as South Newton retiring the Rebel mascot.

#thesouthwillriseagain

What about Blackford?