Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Radtke leaving Portage - heading to Knox

5 hours ago, Gipper said:

I’m glad is getting better geographically.  I’m also happy the more traditional rivalries such as NN-SN are preserved as well as the White County schools being in the same league.

I wonder if White County will be renamed in light of recent events.  That's probably as likely as South Newton retiring the Rebel mascot.

#thesouthwillriseagain

I think any school in Indiana with the name Rebel or Redskin should change their name.  Just my thoughts. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 3

On 6/14/2020 at 1:18 AM, TheStatGuy said:

I think any school in Indiana with the name Rebel or Redskin should change their name.  Just my thoughts. 

I'm fine with "Rebels" as long as it has nothing to do with a soldier or the Confederacy. Redskin is too racist for my tastes.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:18 AM, TheStatGuy said:

I notice you list your school affiliation as Lewis Cass. How can you live with yourself? Their nickname is the Kings. Escaping from monarchical rule is the principle on which this country was founded. It is the opposite of what this country stands for. It’s also blatantly sexist, implicitly approving a male-dominated government structure, and elitist. The use of “Kings” offends me ... and all right-thinking people. Shameful.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I notice you list your school affiliation as Lewis Cass. How can you live with yourself? Their nickname is the Kings. Escaping from monarchical rule is the principle on which this country was founded. It is the opposite of what this country stands for. It’s also blatantly sexist, implicitly approving a male-dominated government structure, and elitist. The use of “Kings” offends me ... and all right-thinking people. Shameful.

I notice that your name is Bob. Bob is a typical male name in English speaking countries. Females have been repressed in America to the point that there hasn't been a female president. As a male, you are part of the problem and offend me. Change your name at once! 😄

• Like 1
  • Sit and spin 1

On 6/14/2020 at 1:18 AM, TheStatGuy said:

On 6/14/2020 at 7:41 AM, Gipper said:

I appreciate your input, it's a very slippery slope.

10 hours ago, AG said:

I'm fine with "Rebels" as long as it has nothing to do with a soldier or the Confederacy. Redskin is too racist for my tastes.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

10 minutes ago, AG said:

I notice that your name is Bob. Bob is a typical male name in English speaking countries. Females have been repressed in America to the point that there hasn't been a female president. As a male, you are part of the problem and offend me. Change your name at once! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

This is interesting. What do they call the female teams at Lewis Cass? Is it the Lady Kings? or do they go with Queens?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

My post was TIC, incase your flip-off emoji wasn't. I was goofing around.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 1:38 AM, Lysander said:

These days it’s a disaster there.  Drugs are rampant.  Manufacturer’s long gone (They used to call themselves, way too pridefully, Little Chicago). As a kid, Connersville was where we did all of our Christmas shopping whether direct or at Sears direct or mail order. I actually think I still have some +50 year old books from Sears and the Drug store in Connersville.  All of our Friday grocery shopping was there.  

Never knew what the deal there was.  Great....really GREAT Hoops but football was awful....excepting during Radtke.  Physical talent was there.

Also, UW, I kinda jumped you when I was grumpy back on the OOB a week or so back (it’s getting close to that hour for me to be grumpy, btw).   Not saying I apologize necessarily but I kinda apologize for being grumpy...kinda...

Sorry to hear this about Connersville... many fond memories visiting my grandparents at 1204 Central. Yes they luv BskB ther... I did dig up his 1912 CHS yearbook... son of an Italian imigrant to Eville in the decade following the civil war an setted in Connersville....and yep.... ther was the varsity BskBall team.... only took em 60 more yrs to win it all... Town went nutz in 72... beat Gary West who took out Lcc in 73 in the semi state final....No FB mentioned...HA....wonder when they started it...... whata great town bac in the day... if only someone had kept great granpa's cherry red McFarland... . Told it was quite a Duzy....