Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a football

Since I am pretty sure the pandemic has been cancelled, it is time to start figuring out who will be # 2 3 4 and 5 in the state this year.

My personal feelings are that bloomington south takes a beating in the state championship to the saints.

But well give valpo the #2 slot because let's face it, state championship will be played in the north this year.

Looking for castle to take the #4 slot

And cathedral to roll in at 5

• Disdain 1

So sorry you're blatantly misinformed, but the Pandemic rolls on, and in many places it is exercising its second wind. All of these, so called, reopening to normalcies, are just a gamble that every state's health department may be able to stay on top of the citizen's healthy do diligence and everyone continues to exercise safe social distancing, and the use of face masks. I guess it is fine to handicap  your own decision making for the finishes in 5A football.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 4
  • Kill me now 1

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Since I am pretty sure the pandemic has been cancelled, it is time to start figuring out who will be # 2 3 4 and 5 in the state this year.

My personal feelings are that bloomington south takes a beating in the state championship to the saints.

But well give valpo the #2 slot because let's face it, state championship will be played in the north this year.

See you all 8/14. 

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

The Valparaiso Vikings dominate the Sectional, crush Concord/Mishawaka, win a tight one over the Saints - the new QB Grimes making all the difference, then eke out a win over the Irish of Cathedral during Thanksgiving weekend.  5A State Champs!

crystal ball cmt GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, Rodney said:

How do you cancel a Pandemic????

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Ask someone on the left.

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think the Left wants to extend the Pandemic as much as they can. They want to spread fear and chaos among the public. 

This is not the correct Forum to discuss politics. Take 'em to the  Out of Bounds Forum. That's where you tinfoil hat boys can talk about it all you want.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sit and spin 1

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

This is not the correct Forum to discuss politics. Take 'em to the  Out of Bounds Forum. That's where you tinfoil hat boys can talk about it all you want.

I agree, sorry for the oversight on my end !!

I think this is the most intriguing class heading in to the fall.

I could see 4 teams (Valpo, New Pal, Cathedral, Dwenger) winning it honestly.  I think the gap to tier 2 (Columbus East, Castle, Bloomington South, Decatur Central) is fairly large after those four.

Just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I could see 4 teams (Valpo, New Pal, Cathedral, Dwenger) winning it honestly.  I think the gap to tier 2 (Columbus East, Castle, Bloomington South, Decatur Central) is fairly large after those four.

Just my opinion.

Columbus East is 6a

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Noted. Not sure where the "tinfoil hat" came from. You know nothing about me. See page 59 of The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 in the other forum.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Just my opinion.

Pretty much the same as last year with the top 4 teams. Another fun, competitive year.

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

Noted. Not sure where the "tinfoil hat" came from. You know nothing about me. See page 59 of The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 in the other forum.

Pretty much the same as last year with the top 4 teams. Another fun, competitive year.

I guess now that I think about it it’s sort of funny that I think 5A is intriguing because it’s a four team race when I give the same reason for the boredom of 6A.  

Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, Warren, rinse repeat.

I keep waiting on the HCC to breakthrough.  New hires at HSE/Fishers give me pause.  

Zionsville blew it last year in the regional.

Avon/Brownsburg reaching put up or shut up territory.

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I guess now that I think about it it’s sort of funny that I think 5A is intriguing because it’s a four team race when I give the same reason for the boredom of 6A.  

I keep waiting on the HCC to breakthrough.  New hires at HSE/Fishers give me pause.  

6A is boring because it's the same Mega Schools every year. Kudos to CG, not mega school, just a great program. At least 5A is more balanced enrollment wise. 

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I do feel the HCC is continuing to improve and get better. I think this year it’s Important for HSE, Fishers, or Westfield to reach the state finals from the north 6A while carmel is south. It’s very important for those programs and that conference for them to do so. Also with Zionsville in 5A north, they need to do well in the tournament. And they most definitely can. HCC needs to perform better in tournament play.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I do feel the HCC is continuing to improve and get better. I think this year it’s Important for HSE, Fishers, or Westfield to reach the state finals from the north 6A while carmel is south. It’s very important for those programs and that conference for them to do so. Also with Zionsville in 5A north, they need to do well in the tournament. And they most definitely can. HCC needs to perform better in tournament play.

Oh, the HCC took a significant step forward last fall but then fell flat on its face in the postseason.

I’d pump the brakes on Fishers and HSE for this fall though anything is possible.  Coaching changes plus limited practice time due to the pandemic is a double whammy.

Asking Westfield to compete in 6A north is not that unrealistic.

DT continues to hype Noblesville and even if he’s right, it won’t happen immediately.

Avon and Brownsburg have invested so much in football these days that anything less than a trip to LOS has to be viewed as a disappointment.  They’ll continue to carry the water and be the best bet for a non MIC school (though this guy is keeping a close eye on Merrilville).

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

Oh, the HCC took a significant step forward last fall but then fell flat on its face in the postseason.

I’d pump the brakes on Fishers and HSE for this fall though anything is possible.  Coaching changes plus limited practice time due to the pandemic is a double whammy.

DT continues to hype Noblesville and even if he’s right, it won’t happen immediately.

Avon and Brownsburg have invested so much in football these days that anything less than a trip to LOS has to be viewed as a disappointment.  They’ll continue to carry the water and be the best bet for a non MIC school (though this guy is keeping a close eye on Merrilville).

I'll piggyback on Merrillville.  If they can produce a QB, there is plenty of talent around him.  Picking up two D-1 transfers from Morton sure helps!  Their early matchups with Andrean and Hobart then later date with Valpo are circled on my calendar!

19 hours ago, Temptation said:

Carmel in the same sectional as Brownsburg and Avon this year. We will see what those programs can really do against a powerhouse.

28 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Carmel in the same sectional as Brownsburg and Avon this year. We will see what those programs can really do against a powerhouse.

They had their chances last year, and failed miserably.

I had my doubts about Brownsburg when they rushed the field after beating a Ben Davis team that went 3-7 the previous year.

I KNEW Brownsburg was in DEEP trouble the moment I witnessed how they celebrated a SECTIONAL SEMIFINAL win over Avon.

If those two programs still have “little brother syndrome” expect more of the same this fall.

Have fun and enjoy every win, but act like you’ve been there before...even if you haven’t.

Edited by Guest

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the 5A Success factor status?

Valpo - bump up to 6A with a state final appearance

Dwenger - "stays up" in 5A due to 2019 Regional win, bump up to 6A with state championship

New Pal - "stays up" in 5A due 2019 Championship, bumps to 6A with Regional win

Cathedral - cannot bump up to 6A. "Stays up" in 5A with sectional championship

Columbus East - currently 6A. could "fall back" to 5A if they do not win regional in 2020

Not that this has any bearing on what happens on the field in 2020, just curious.  

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the 5A Success factor status?

Valpo - bump up to 6A with a state final appearance

Dwenger - "stays up" in 5A due to 2019 Regional win, bump up to 6A with state championship

New Pal - "stays up" in 5A due 2019 Championship, bumps to 6A with Regional win

Cathedral - cannot bump up to 6A. "Stays up" in 5A with sectional championship

Columbus East - currently 6A. could "fall back" to 5A if they do not win regional in 2020

Not that this has any bearing on what happens on the field in 2020, just curious.  

I think that looks about right. Valpo is also very close with their enrollment

• Thanks 1