Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 6A Thread

1 hour ago, DT said:

CP has a 4A girls softball state championship.  CP is most definitely a school that is now defined by its girls sports.  I stated that we are seeing more female athletic directors.  I did not state that any of the schools mentioned had female ADs.  You jumped to that conclusion.

Do I believe that Penn, CP and LC are "softer" and more female oriented athletically than they were 20 years ago?  Yes I do.  Thats called an opinion my friend.  Cant be either proven or disproven.

EVERYBODY is “softer” than they were 20 years ago unfortunately...

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

EVERYBODY is “softer” than they were 20 years ago unfortunately...

New Pal?

CG?

Avon?

There are some outlyers

16 minutes ago, DT said:

New Pal?

CG?

Avon?

There are some outlyers

Enrollment playing a much bigger role than you are giving it credit for.  Those schools have exploded and have one thing in common:  urban sprawl from middle class families.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Enrollment playing a much bigger role than you are giving it credit for.  Those schools have exploded and have one thing in common:  urban sprawl from middle class families.

If we are talking physical "toughness" relative to the "soft" descriptor, hard to argue that these 3 are any less than they were 20 years ago.  

1 hour ago, DT said:

If we are talking physical "toughness" relative to the "soft" descriptor, hard to argue that these 3 are any less than they were 20 years ago.  

I just think that their increased enrollment, combined with the mega schools (BD/WC) coming back down to earth is more the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 9:23 PM, BTF said:

They're still Snider regardless of what anyone says. Sure they lost to Homestead last year. But they were 15-1 against them over the past two decades. Sure they've gone 2-2 against Carroll the past two seasons. I still remember recently in 2017 when Snider beat them 69-7 in a game that would have mercy ruled Carroll in the first half had that rule been in place. I'm not taking anything away from Homestead and Carroll, but lets stop this nonsense that Snider has fallen on hard times. Do people really think that much has changed at Snider since 2015 and 2017 when they were Top 5 programs regardless of class?

They also have an unexpected influx of talent transfer in..6'4 wr that plays sf in the winter..tippman always gets the best out of what the cupboard has to offer..should be interesting..

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 6:46 AM, DT said:

CP has a 4A girls softball state championship.  CP is most definitely a school that is now defined by its girls sports.  I stated that we are seeing more female athletic directors.  I did not state that any of the schools mentioned had female ADs.  You jumped to that conclusion.

Do I believe that Penn, CP and LC are "softer" and more female oriented athletically than they were 20 years ago?  Yes I do.  Thats called an opinion my friend.  Cant be either proven or disproven.

CP's wrestling team might have something to say about that. Wrestling is probably the least "soft" sport of all.

20 hours ago, South Paw said:

CP's wrestling team might have something to say about that. Wrestling is probably the least "soft" sport of all.

Crown Point will probably seem some negatibve impoact when the new Andrean HIgh School opens.  

CP is a great school.  Would like to see them get more out of their football program.  

On 7/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, HoosierFB_JG said:

It meant to say had

Priscilla Dillow was at the school for years.  John Clark has been there what, maybe 8-10 years.

Honest mistake

Pris was only AD from 97-02 (though she was Assistant AD for a long time). Bob Britt was AD from 1984-1997. Bob's son, Kevin was AD from 02 to 11. John Clark has been AD since 11. Heather McGowan is the current Assistant AD.

Edited by BDGiant93