Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class of '21 Recruits Ready to make their Mark

Guest DT

Here is a recap of conference representation for the 20-21 state football top recruits :

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

MIC - 12

Hoosier Crossroads - 7

NIC - 5

Duneland - 4

North Central - 3

SAC - 2

Mid State - 2

Conf Indiana - 2

Hoosier Hills - 2

Hoosier - 1

Northwest Crossroads - 1

Hoosier Heritage - 1

Eastern Indiana Athletic - 1

Independents - 1

Observations :

Brownsburg tops the list with 5 players.  I sense some self promotion.

MIC is kind with 12 players, HCC with 7 but five from one school.  Relative talent weakness across the balance of the conference.

NIC is solid and the new Elkhart HS has two players on the list.  Impressive.

Is The SAC falling off the grid?

Where is the SIAC and the PAC?  Lots of talk down there, where are the players?

Only one Indy Catholic player on the entire list.  Roncalli and Chatard, what gives?  

Nice looking group of offensive and defensive linemen, maybe the best the state has ever produced in one class.  

Edited by DT

37 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

PAC has a couple younger guys.  And I believe that Boonville just had a D1 offer for their RB/DB/ATH from Navy.

PAC probably has a few sneaky guys who make it onto FCS scene. Would have loved to see that Southridge kid still playing football. But hey when you have a shot to play in the MLB....that’s pretty fantastic

outside of that...Braden Tucker for Gibson Southern is a guy who could make a splash for the PAC for 2021. Kid is 6’5 310 lbs.  He visited Cincy last year for a game so he is definitely on the radar for schools at the FBS level. 

if you like seeing pancakes, he’s got a few on display lol
http://www.hudl.com/v/2CegaL

Wenkers Wright from Floyd Central has a phenomenal name. One thing that sticks out to me, per this list, the 27th ranked player in the state is going to a Big 12 program with a respectable coach. We could argue the validity of these rankings all day; however, 10-15 years ago, could we see any listing of Indiana recruits where a player ranked that low was going to a Power Conference? IMO, this list speaks volumes to the improvement this state has made in developing HS football talent.

4 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Wenkers Wright from Floyd Central has a phenomenal name. One thing that sticks out to me, per this list, the 27th ranked player in the state is going to a Big 12 program with a respectable coach. We could argue the validity of these rankings all day; however, 10-15 years ago, could we see any listing of Indiana recruits where a player ranked that low was going to a Power Conference? IMO, this list speaks volumes to the improvement this state has made in developing HS football talent.

Another fairly new development is that we are starting to see some real length in our group of top recruits.  These kids are getting taller.  Lots of 6-5, 6-6 and 6-7 kids over the past few cycles.  

This is something that Tom Allen is lazer focused on at IU.  He wants taller, leaner kids, somewhat in the Stanford mold.

I like it.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Another fairly new development is that we are starting to see some real length in our group of top recruits.  These kids are getting taller.  Lots of 6-5, 6-6 and 6-7 kids over the past few cycles.  

This is something that Tom Allen is lazer focused on at IU.  He wants taller, leaner kids, somewhat in the Stanford mold.

I like it.

Speaking of Stanford, I noticed while looking at IU's roster that they picked up Jovan Swann as a grad transfer. That's a huge (no pun intended) get for IU. Agreed. There's a lot of size.