Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

46 minutes ago, NE8Fan said:

We have seen 6A and 5A, let’s do the rest.

4A 2020

1. Ev Memorial 
2. East Central
3. New Prairie
4. Hobart
5. Leo  

Unfamiliar with New Prairie outside of Russ leaving and the OT Whitenack not being happy about it.  Putting a lot of stock into the Valpo hire, McKim?

12 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

We have seen 6A and 5A, let’s do the rest.

4A 2020

1. Ev Memorial 
2. East Central
3. New Prairie
4. Hobart
5. Leo  

Based on teams I saw last year and who is coming back, I think East Central vs. Mt. Vernon (Fortville) will be a great southern Semi-State.  Mooresville could knock of EC again though in sectional. 

New Prairie vs. Leo for north SS, with Hobart as another contender.  

I think those are top 6 contenders. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Based on teams I saw last year and who is coming back, I think East Central vs. Mt. Vernon (Fortville) will be a great southern Semi-State.  Mooresville could knock of EC again though in sectional. 

New Prairie vs. Leo for north SS, with Hobart as another contender.  

I think those are top 6 contenders. 

After what Hobart did to NP last year.. ill pick Hobart vs Leo in semi with NP being the maybe

Coach Sauder (Leo) has continued to maintain a formidable presence in 4A even when he had a 'dip'   

The NE8 is an absolute presence in 4A with Leo, East Noble, New Haven, Columbia City, DeKalb and Norwell!

While there are also other fantastic teams throughout the state.   These schools are the heart and soul of a 'NE Indiana centric' collective ....the NE8 

Week in and Week out, the rivalries they have produced, have led to a great 4A heavy conference.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Coach Sauder (Leo) has continued to maintain a formidable presence in 4A even when he had a 'dip'   

The NE8 is an absolute presence in 4A with Leo, East Noble, New Haven, Columbia City, DeKalb and Norwell!

While there are also other fantastic teams throughout the state.   These schools are the heart and soul of a 'NE Indiana centric' collective ....the NE8 

Week in and Week out, the rivalries they have produced, have led to a great 4A heavy conference.

Yes, have loved some of these great matchups.  Leo vs EN, Leo vs NH, NH vs EN, NH va CC, CC vs DeKalb.  Norwell is actually 3A last couple years along with Bellmont.   This conference is so fun to follow.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Mississinewa may become the team to watch in 4A.  With Curt Funk leaving for Fishers, Mississinewa gets a new coach that has retained all of Funk's staff.  The new coach. Kyle Buresh, does not have high school coaching experience but has experience as a coordinator at the College level including running the passing game for Dakota Wesleyan, Indiana Wesleyan, and Wheaton College.  At DWU, he helped lead an offense that was #2 in the Nation and averaged 560 yards a game.  Mississinewa may be young up front, but may be bigger than previous years.  May have multiple 300lb+ kids on the line that are strong and can move.  Running backs return, although the leading rusher graduated, still have experience in the backfield.  Defensively they will be solid.  Mississinewa gets tested early by opening against Pendleton Heights followed by New Haven.  This is of course if the season is able to start.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, tango said:

Ev. Memorial lost a lot of starters.  With a very small group of seniors they will need sophomores and juniors to step up.  Things will be a little different this year than the past 3 years...

As much as I wish it weren’t the case for my beloved Tigers, it is the case.  I think we’ll do well to be above .500 this year.

I think we have some good young talent in grades 9 and 10.  But...well, they’re in grades 9 and 10.   The senior class is small and one of the weaker classes in recent times.

I don’t know who all Mooresville has back, but they were pretty dang good.  So my early money is on them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Mississinewa may become the team to watch in 4A.  With Curt Funk leaving for Fishers, Mississinewa gets a new coach that has retained all of Funk's staff.  The new coach. Kyle Buresh, does not have high school coaching experience but has experience as a coordinator at the College level including running the passing game for Dakota Wesleyan, Indiana Wesleyan, and Wheaton College.  At DWU, he helped lead an offense that was #2 in the Nation and averaged 560 yards a game.  Mississinewa may be young up front, but may be bigger than previous years.  May have multiple 300lb+ kids on the line that are strong and can move.  Running backs return, although the leading rusher graduated, still have experience in the backfield.  Defensively they will be solid.  Mississinewa gets tested early by opening against Pendleton Heights followed by New Haven.  This is of course if the season is able to start.

Mississinewa won’t even win the CIC.  No way they do anything in 4A

• Disdain 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, tango said:

Ev. Memorial lost a lot of starters.  With a very small group of seniors they will need sophomores and juniors to step up.  Things will be a little different this year than the past 3 years...

Gosh those comments sound familiar...........

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, Raven67 said:

I agree with the list. New prairie might be a few spots to high. I also heard Northwood is going to be good.

Bump New Prairie out of the top five and Northwood in at the #5 spot. NW has a very talented team this year and could make a deep run.