• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

12 hours ago, NE8Fan said:
1 West Layfaette
2 Chatard 
3 Heritage Hills
4 Mish Marion 
B Jesuit

Put Gibson Southern in for Heritage Hills.  HH had almost 20 seniors (I think??) that will need replacing. 

I'm curious to see WL.  Adams was tough at QB, and could be tough to replace as well.  

Gibson southern lost a good bunch to graduation too.  I believe 16 or so. But they return a good chunk of the OL (an OL that on paper looks like will average 6’2 270 just glancing at maxpreps) also have Allen.  Will be interesting. 

Gibson Southerns schedule is going to be tough though.  They effectively will go from an average of like 620 students per opponent to I believe just over 1100 in 1 year. 

if they can play well and stay healthy through the season, they should have a good shot of making it out of sectionals....which if I recall, they have lost to someone who was either the champion or runner up 3 of the last 4 years.  

anyone got thoughts on Lawrenceburg? I believe they still have a very talented dual threat QB. 

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

Glad to be back as COVID

almost took STC & Chuchie!!

Great to see my boy HCTB from HH lighting up the Grid

You all know we'll get this thread jumping even during COVID!

The teams in the South on paper will be strong indeed. Spin City, Dairy Cottage & Hondaburg to name a few and don't count out the Casket Dogs in Blue!

Sectional 30 will come down to 2 teams, HH & Brady "U"! Maybe HCTB can speak on this, but don't forget stats tell the TRUTH....Brady "U" in sectionals is 0-2!

Stink Town will have a strong team. They return 8 guys on both sides of the ball. Staying healthy for any team in 3A will be key....but if not, Coach K will just have them hit up Yoon's Rub & Dub to get them fixed & clean.  

Should be some great football in the Southern part of the state. STC is excited as he will have a new Tiger Mask to wear for the games!

Football games with Mask NEVER - Tiger Blood Stronger than COVID FOREVER!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StinkTownClown said:

Glad to be back as COVID

almost took STC & Chuchie!!

Great to see my boy HCTB from HH lighting up the Grid

You all know we'll get this thread jumping even during COVID!

The teams in the South on paper will be strong indeed. Spin City, Dairy Cottage & Hondaburg to name a few and don't count out the Casket Dogs in Blue!

Sectional 30 will come down to 2 teams, HH & Brady "U"! Maybe HCTB can speak on this, but don't forget stats tell the TRUTH....Brady "U" in sectionals is 0-2!

Stink Town will have a strong team. They return 8 guys on both sides of the ball. Staying healthy for any team in 3A will be key....but if not, Coach K will just have them hit up Yoon's Rub & Dub to get them fixed & clean.  

Should be some great football in the Southern part of the state. STC is excited as he will have a new Tiger Mask to wear for the games!

Football games with Mask NEVER - Tiger Blood Stronger than COVID FOREVER!!!

Facts are facts but they don’t show context 

“Brady U” is 0-2 in terms of making it out of sectionals  1-2 overall in all games played  (2 vs HH 1 vs memorial) 

BOTH losses were to teams that finished 14-1. Both were phenomenal teams.  Last years HH game was lost because HH made a great play to block a FG inside the 10 as time expired.  Final score was 21-20

there isn’t an issue with playing in the playoffs for Gibson Southern. They bring great teams that compete. The only “issue” is that they have lost the last 3 years to 1 state champion and 2 runner ups who combined to have a 42-3 record and all were ranked top 3 in 3A.  

2012 Loss to chatard (champion)

2013 loss to Brebeuf (runner up)

2014 loss to Heritage hills (Regional champ)

2015 loss to Chatard ( Champion)

2016 Loss to memorial (regional champ)

2017 loss to memorial (champion)

2018 loss to memorial (runner up)

2019 loss to Heritage Hills (runner up)

6/8 losses to teams that make it to LOS.

ive said it before....the hump for Gibson Southern is to be the BEST 3A team. They are a top 5 3A team every year. But outside of maybe 2015 they haven’t been the BEST 3A team...and that’s the hump they have been trying to get over.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, oldtimeqb said:

Put Gibson Southern in for Heritage Hills.  HH had almost 20 seniors (I think??) that will need replacing. 

I'm curious to see WL.  Adams was tough at QB, and could be tough to replace as well.  

Started season with 18 Seniors but 2 quit leaving us with 16 Seniors, But we had several two-way starters and had 21 Senior starters at beginning of season and ended up with 20 Senior starters.

Return one fulltime starter on defense and one that started about half the season also on defense. Offense started all Seniors.

special teams should be Steller with both kickers and a punter that had one of the top  averages in the state all three returning.

We should be in better position to rebuild then past seasons because the schools fulltime  strength coach is   entering his 4th year in the program and the fulltime trainer is entering her  5th year.

Strength coach arrived at HH in August 2017 and trainer March 2015 before that time we didn't have fulltime all sport trainer or fulltime all sport   strength coach at the school.

Just a guess but I could see several Sophomores starting this season last year as freshman they went 5-3 with wins over Evansville North, Jasper, Boonville and Southridge Twice.

Losses were Mater Dei by 5 points, Gibson Southern by 8 points and the Tecumseh JV team 16-0.

Our incoming 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes  are all suppose to be really good but the incoming freshman class is really struggling with numbers.   

On 6/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, NE8Fan said:
1 West Layfaette
2 Chatard 
3 Heritage Hills
4 Mish Marion 
B Jesuit

My understanding was from last season that the first 4 teams listed above had a TON of major contributors that needed replacing and most of them might well be top 10 but not top 5.

Brebeuf, I am less certain about.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:01 PM, Coach Hanson said:

Lawrenceburg vs Gibson southern semi state?

Danville has a good chance to make semi state and play one of those teams. they return a quarterback that passed for over 2000 yards and top 3 receivers. Graduated 2000+ YARD rusher but the QB was 2nd on team in rushing with 440 yards. Not sure about the defense.

• Like 1

Hey...Stinky, Stink, Stink, ...1.2.3

StinkTownClown is a little confused it does seem

Talking smack about this 2020 GS team!

STC says 30, but HH & GS reside in Sectional 32

And unfortunately for his Tigers...Brady may make his regional debut.

The 3A south will be tough indeed..with the Ridge, Pats, BC, and Mason Parris High

Tis this the year the Titans break through?...I'll anxiously await the Clown's reply!

Edited by Titan20
  • Like 2

Smack talk about GS 2020 I did not see? Facts on GS with their high profile QB indeed.

I must have been getting a lap dance when I hit the number 30, apologize, STC loves those "G's"

Mason Parris High that is a good one and nice try, but the Tigers have won a Sectional since Mr. Parris said "good bye"!

A Regional debut by Brady "U" would be good, maybe those scouts would leave saying "who is Yoon?"

Don't take the Clown the wrong way.....Brady "U" is legit and he can play, maybe make green someday. 

The South is packed with good teams, upsets will happen we shall see. Stink will agree.....GS could be the team to beat, I just know my homeboys HCTB & Coach Butter @ SR will take a swing. 

• Like 1

A few fun facts on Lawrenceburg:  Similar losses to GS.  17 SRs.  Top two WRs were SRs.  Top 2 tacklers were SRs.  10 Jrs, 15 Soph and 22 Frosh listed on last years varsity roster.  Dynamic QB is back as well at the RB who rushed for over 1,000 yards.  Obviously GS has done a great job adjusting the puzzle pieces each year over the past decade, it looks like Lawrenceburg does a pretty good job as well.

image.png.af1ddf0f79bb4c65184cd0f8e8d23808.png

Edited by Titan32

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

A few fun facts on Lawrenceburg:  Similar losses to GS.  17 SRs.  Top two WRs were SRs.  Top 2 tacklers were SRs.  10 Jrs, 15 Soph and 22 Frosh listed on last years varsity roster.  Dynamic QB is back as well at the RB who rushed for over 1,000 yards.  Obviously GS has done a great job adjusting the puzzle pieces each year over the past decade, it looks like Lawrenceburg does a pretty good job as well.

image.png.af1ddf0f79bb4c65184cd0f8e8d23808.png

According to the link above they return most of the offense...

"Returning players accounted for 72% of the Tigers touchdown production (rushing and receiving, 68 TDs), 97% of their rushing yards, 63% of their receptions and 56% of their receiving yards in 2019"

25 minutes ago, Cappy said:

According to the link above they return most of the offense...

"Returning players accounted for 72% of the Tigers touchdown production (rushing and receiving, 68 TDs), 97% of their rushing yards, 63% of their receptions and 56% of their receiving yards in 2019"

I missed the link....good stuff.  THE RB and QB returning is obviously huge.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, DaveMosbey said:

Danville has a good chance to make semi state and play one of those teams. they return a quarterback that passed for over 2000 yards and top 3 receivers. Graduated 2000+ YARD rusher but the QB was 2nd on team in rushing with 440 yards. Not sure about the defense.

Wooten, Morrell, Wynn and Dutra all come back. They all had 40+ tackles. 

Knox should be pretty good. They return 15 starters (7 on o, 8 on d)

Srs Zac Rose, Cade Short, Gabe Lovins, Peyton Baugh, Braxton Geller, Gunner Wagner and Junior Kole McIntire are some of their main cogs. 

Danville without Woody, Wood, Woods, how many did leave?

The last time Stink Town was there in 16' we burnt down the Teepee and had a party on the big logo "D"!!!

Give credit where credit is due, Danville has been knocking on the door, they just can't break through.