Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, XStar said:

Just like every year, the winner of Linton Stockton and Mater Dei will win it all.  Nobody else matters.

Andrean would best both these teams based on last year and what happened in offseason. Western Boone and eastbrook are also favorites over these two

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Coach Hanson said:

Andrean would best both these teams based on last year and what happened in offseason. Western Boone and eastbrook are also favorites over these two

I think he’s being sarcastic. I swear to God he is. The last 2 years the southern boys said Liptons or Madder Days would win it all. 

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, FarmerFran said:

1 Andrean

2 WeBo

3 Eastbrook

4 Mater Dei

5 Rensselaer

6 Luers

7 Boone Grove

8 Scecina

9 Pioneer

10 Linton

I would agree with these except WeBo would move down to #7 with Scecina jumping into the #6 spot and Pioneer the #8 while dropping Boone Grove to #9.....(the south won't rise again this year either...at least in the playoffs if they happen)

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, XStar said:

Just like every year, the winner of Linton Stockton and Mater Dei will win it all.  Nobody else matters.

Linton has to get good enough to win a 2A sectional before they can get in the "win it all" discussion.

• Like 1

Pioneer might not be the best team in their conference this season.  I think Knox and LaVille finally knock Pioneer from the top of the HNAC heap.   As far 2A goes, I think LaVille can do something in post season but would have to beat Pioneer twice.  I think they are a better “team” but Pioneer has the 2 best players hands down and better coaching and program.  They know how to win.

Edited by SteelCurtain88

Bremen should be better this year with a solid jr. class. Next year will be the year they make some noise again. Last year was a reloading year with underclassmen having to fill in for a small senior class. This is just based on what they have back, I don’t know what if anything kids are doing on their own to get better. July will be important for them as well as everyone else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Pioneer might not be the best team in their conference this season.  I think Knox and LaVille finally knock Pioneer from the top of the HNAC heap.   As far 2A goes, I think LaVille can do something in post season but would have to beat Pioneer twice.  I think they are a better “team” but Pioneer has the 2 best players hands down and better coaching and program.  They know how to win.

Ill say Knox gets it done. Not sure about LaVille. 

56 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Eastbrook should be at the top of any 2A top ten list!  Andrean has a good squad, but they should have to prove they can beat Eastbrook to be ranked higher than the Panthers.

I think Western Boone should be ranked at the top of any 2A top ten lists until someone proves they can beat them. Two time defending state champs. They are at the top of the mountain til proven otherwise.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Spock said:

I think Western Boone should be ranked at the top of any 2A top ten lists until someone proves they can beat them. Two time defending state champs. They are at the top of the mountain til proven otherwise.

You must’ve missed the fact that they will be rebuilding this year.  Unless they have another QB like #7, they won’t be near the threat they have been.

2 hours ago, captainobvious said:

You must’ve missed the fact that they will be rebuilding this year.  Unless they have another QB like #7, they won’t be near the threat they have been.

Actually I did not miss the fact pertaining to Western Boone QB graduating. I’m just saying in my opinion they will be preseason Class 2A #1 heading into the start of the season based on being state champions last year and last two years. Yes they lose a very good quarterback, but they are a well coached program who will have another quality young man waiting in the wings. If my memory serves me correctly they had a pretty good defense last year too. They won the state game 44-7. Eastbrook can possibly be #2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

No way Pioneer is ranked #2.  They will be solid but nothing like they were the past.  It takes more than 2 guys.

2 studs, great system and well coached. I may have them too high(didn’t realize that’s all they return) but I would guess they will be 12-0 heading into the Regional against Andrean/Rensselaer.

36 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

2 studs, great system and well coached. I may have them too high(didn’t realize that’s all they return) but I would guess they will be 12-0 heading into the Regional against Andrean/Rensselaer.

11-1 or 12-0. Imo. 

They got both lewellens, snurpel, taylor, gaumer, legrand and smith. They got some seniors to be that are unproven though. 

44 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

No way Pioneer is ranked #2.  They will be solid but nothing like they were the past.  It takes more than 2 guys.

Legrand is good, schnurpel, taylor, gaumer, Smith and some unproven seniors.