Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove DL Curry Offered by Bama

Guest DT

Caden Curry is on his way to becoming Indiana's all time most highly regarded high school football recruit.

Look for Curry to be elevated to 5 Star status soon.

Alabama has offered.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

Caden Curry is on his way to becoming Indiana's all time most highly regarded high school football recruit.

Look for Curry to be elevated to 5 Star status soon.

Alabama has offered.  

Jaylon Smith was #2 nationally on 247 and #3 on Rivals, Caden is currently #134 on 247 and outside of the initial top 100 on Rivals.

More recently Hunter Johnson was #53 on 247 and #18 on Rivals, 2020 has Blake Fisher who is nearing 5 star on Rivals at #22 and is #84 on 247

Caden is obviously very highly regarded but to become the "Indiana's all time most highly regarded high school football recruit" he has a long way to go and will only have one summer (because of Covid-19) to go to camps to increase his rankings.

1 minute ago, Cappy said:

Jaylon Smith was #2 nationally on 247 and #3 on Rivals, Caden is currently #134 on 247 and outside of the initial top 100 on Rivals.

More recently Hunter Johnson was #53 on 247 and #18 on Rivals, 2020 has Blake Fisher who is nearing 5 star on Rivals at #22 and is #84 on 247

Caden is obviously very highly regarded but to become the "Indiana's all time most highly regarded high school football recruit" he has a long way to go and will only have one summer (because of Covid-19) to go to camps to increase his rankings.

He is very young relative to his peers when the rankings were released.

Where was Smith going in to his JR season.

Johnson has been a complete flop.

Fisher is a very good player but does not get the opportunity to really standout from his OT position.

DL is the hilight position in football today, after QB.  Curry couldnt be in a better spot.

48 minutes ago, DT said:

He is very young relative to his peers when the rankings were released.

Where was Smith going in to his JR season.

Johnson has been a complete flop.

Fisher is a very good player but does not get the opportunity to really standout from his OT position.

DL is the hilight position in football today, after QB.  Curry couldnt be in a better spot.

Looks like Jaylon started #9 on 247, not sure on rivals but I'm confident it was pretty high.

Johnson being a flop has little to do with how highly regarded he was as a recruit

Fisher is nearly a 5 star now on rivals, he was in the top 30 I believe in his initial ranking.

All of them had offers from Alabama

5 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Looks like Jaylon started #9 on 247, not sure on rivals but I'm confident it was pretty high.

Johnson being a flop has little to do with how highly regarded he was as a recruit

Fisher is nearly a 5 star now on rivals, he was in the top 30 I believe in his initial ranking.

All of them had offers from Alabama

All good points.  In my view, the CG kid will be the best to come out of this group.  Just a hunch.  I see another JJ Watt.

5 minutes ago, DT said:

All good points.  In my view, the CG kid will be the best to come out of this group.  Just a hunch.  I see another JJ Watt.

Damn.  Those expectations just jumped considerably.  Kid just went from a 4 star, to a Bama offer, to the highest recruit in Indiana history to an NFL hall of famer in just over 12 hours...

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Damn.  Those expectations just jumped considerably.  Kid just went from a 4 star, to a Bama offer, to the highest recruit in Indiana history to an NFL hall of famer in just over 12 hours...

It was just two years ago that you were hearing the same things about George Karlaftis.  Curry will be bigger, stronger and faster than GK.  He has more high end upside.  And this kid has a nasty demeanor, which you cannot teach.  Im all in on him.

23 minutes ago, DT said:

It was just two years ago that you were hearing the same things about George Karlaftis.  Curry will be bigger, stronger and faster than GK.  He has more high end upside.  And this kid has a nasty demeanor, which you cannot teach.  Im all in on him.

Do you think Curry plays DT or DE at the next level, Rivals list him as a SDE and 247 list him as a DT. Is he a DT in a four front and DE in a three front? Is he going to end up north of 300#'s? Is he 6'5" or closer to 6'3"

JJ Watt type  Also looks like Dan Hampton at DT.  

6-5, 285   Probably will hit 6-6  Can hold 300 easily when fully filled out

Stand up end, but can play tackle if needed

Edited by DT

9 hours ago, Cappy said:

Do you think Curry plays DT or DE at the next level, Rivals list him as a SDE and 247 list him as a DT. Is he a DT in a four front and DE in a three front? Is he going to end up north of 300#'s? Is he 6'5" or closer to 6'3"

DE or an OLB in a 3-4

Edited by Grover
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DT said:

“We” or “you?”

Comparing a high school athlete to an NFL Hall of Famer in any situation is a bit problematic.  It’s what many folks do to give regular folks insight on a guy’s skill set or potential but it also places a lot of unnecessary pressure on a kid who still has 5-6 years of growth.

Jadaveon Clowney was the biggest freak DL I can ever remember coming out of high school and is a solid pro...but even HE is not JJ Watt.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

“We” or “you?”

Comparing a high school athlete to an NFL Hall of Famer in any situation is a bit problematic.  It’s what many folks do to give regular folks insight on a guy’s skill set or potential but it also places a lot of unnecessary pressure on a kid who still has 5-6 years of growth.

Jadaveon Clowney was the biggest freak DL I can ever remember coming out of high school and is a solid pro...but even HE is not JJ Watt.

Its all a part of the hype machine environment we live in.

This kid dominated the defensive line in a 6A state championship game as a sophomore.

Something rarely if ever seen.

Alabama does not offer scholarships to sophomores.  This kid is clearly different and on another level.  Im surprised you have not recognized that.

57 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Alabama has offered 119 sophomores (class of 2022) so far, including 10 at the position of Mr. Curry

Per 247

image.png.1747d9f5c767bfbfbd3200322e11c3a3.png

Yikes.

Also, LOL at a comparison of dominating the INDIANA 6A high school state championship game with being a pro bowler/hall of famer.

Look, I hope you are right and I’m not hating on the kid at all but your fact less analogies are embarrassing.

I follow national recruiting very closely and can agree that the kid is a rare breed and a die owl talent, but let’s pump the brakes a bit.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Yikes.

Also, LOL at a comparison of dominating the INDIANA 6A high school state championship game with being a pro bowler/hall of famer.

Look, I hope you are right and I’m not hating on the kid at all but your fact less analogies are embarrassing.

I follow national recruiting very closely and can agree that the kid is a rare breed and a die owl talent, but let’s pump the brakes a bit.

Embarrassing to who?   LOL.   We all know how deeply schooled in the arts of recruiting and high school football that you claim to be.  And yet, proving me wrong seems to be the hilite of your existence.  Facts are facts.  Opinion are opinion.  Meld the two together and you have a thing called "perception"  My personal perception of My Curry is that the sky is truly the limit for a young man with his talents.  

Your comment about the 6A championship game leads me to believe that you are very good with the numbers and the analysis, and not so good with the visual reality of what is happening on the field.  

32 minutes ago, DT said:

Embarrassing to who?   LOL.   We all know how deeply schooled in the arts of recruiting and high school football that you claim to be.  And yet, proving me wrong seems to be the hilite of your existence. 

You have to admit sometimes you make it pretty easy.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

46 minutes ago, DT said:

And yet, proving me wrong seems to be the hilite of your existence.

He has an easy life.

12 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

You have to admit sometimes you make it pretty easy.

Understatement.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

Embarrassing to who?   LOL.   We all know how deeply schooled in the arts of recruiting and high school football that you claim to be.  And yet, proving me wrong seems to be the hilite of your existence.  Facts are facts.  Opinion are opinion.  Meld the two together and you have a thing called "perception"  My personal perception of My Curry is that the sky is truly the limit for a young man with his talents.  

Your comment about the 6A championship game leads me to believe that you are very good with the numbers and the analysis, and not so good with the visual reality of what is happening on the field.  

Your broad statements are seedless watermelons tossed underhand to home plate.  

I have no other option but to knock them out of the park.

Indiana is gaining momentum nationally in terms of high school football perception but let’s not pretend there are 4/5 stars all over the field.

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Traditional DE or DT in a 4-3 defense

Someone said he was like Dan Hampton. I’m sure you, me, and other Bears fans like @Coach Nowlin will recognize that for the hyperbole it is. “Danimal” was a dominant player at 2 positions in the NFL. Not many can say that.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Someone said he was like Dan Hampton. I’m sure you, me, and other Bears fans like @Coach Nowlin will recognize that for the hyperbole it is. “Danimal” was a dominant player at 2 positions in the NFL. Not many can say that.

Bears

• Like 2