Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove DL Curry Offered by Bama

Guest DT

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Someone said he was like Dan Hampton. I’m sure you, me, and other Bears fans like @Coach Nowlin will recognize that for the hyperbole it is. “Danimal” was a dominant player at 2 positions in the NFL. Not many can say that.

Curry reminds me of Hampton when he is all stretched out in a 3 point stance getting ready to rush the passer.  Both have long wingspan and take up a lot of space.  And Curry has a lot of The Danimal's aggressive nature.

Edited by DT

34 minutes ago, DT said:

Curry reminds me of Hampton when he is all stretched out in a 3 point stance getting ready to rush the passer.  Both have long wingspan and take up a lot of space.  And Curry has a lot of The Danimal's aggressive nature.

At that size, he’s going to end up playing with his hand on the ground.

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I would tend to agree as it would be so easy to get lost in the shuffle there.

Yes, I think there is a good chance that happens. You never know, but as I thought about this, how many IN high rated high school kids maybe impacts or good careers at high level/upper P5 conference schools? 

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

I would tend to agree as it would be so easy to get lost in the shuffle there.

Alabama puts kids in the pros, more so than any other program.  It’s that simple.  

He could get “lost in the shuffle” anywhere.  What a terrible take regarding a kid you don’t even know.  Stop pretending you know what’s best for these kids.

Maybe he should go to Ball State and take the safe route?  🙄

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yes, I think there is a good chance that happens. You never know, but as I thought about this, how many IN high rated high school kids maybe impacts or good careers at high level/upper P5 conference schools? 

Depends on YOUR definition of impact/good careers as well as high level/upper five.

These guys seemed to do okay...

Jeff Samardjia - Valparaiso/Notre Dame

Chris Graham - Warren Central/Michigan

Pat Kuntz - Indianapolis Roncalli/Notre Dame

Stevie Brown - Columbus East/Michigan

Darren Evans - Warren Central/Virginia Tech

Braxston Cave - Penn/Notre Dame

John Goodman - Dwenger/Notre Dame

Zach Martin - Bishop Chatard/Notre Dame

Tyler Eiffert - Dwenger/Notre Dame

James Hurst - Plainfield/North Carolina

Isaiah Lewis - Ben Davis/Michigan State

Sheldon Day - Warren Central/Notre Dame

Josiah Price - Eastern (Greentown)/Michigan State

Jaylon Smith - Luers/Notre Dame

Terry McLaurin - Cathedral/Ohio State

Drue Tranquill - Carroll (Fort Wayne)/Notre Dame

Asmar Bilal - Ben Davis/Notre Dame

Tommy Stevens - Decatur Central/Penn State/Mississippi State

Austin Mack - Luers/Ohio State

Randy Gregory - Hamilton Southeastern/Nebraska

Markese Stepp - Cathedral/USC

Sure there were more I could have listed but the majority of guys on this list were solid contributors at high level power 5 schools and most at least got a shot at the next level.  Not a ton of SEC examples surely but the SEC rarely dips into the rust belt for recruits unless its a can't miss/"gotta have" guy which Indiana rarely produces. 

Maybe Curry is that guy?

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Alabama puts kids in the pros, more so than any other program.  It’s that simple.  

He could get “lost in the shuffle” anywhere.  What a terrible take regarding a kid you don’t even know.  Stop pretending you know what’s best for these kids.

Maybe he should go to Ball State and take the safe route?  🙄

I'm not pretending to know this kid, It is just an opinion. When have I ever said i knew these kids? Maybe you need to be less judgmental. Again that is just my opinion, I don't know you.  Glad he gets recognition from a high P-5 school, not many kids do so from Indiana.  Maybe I'm bias and think/hope he goes to IU, PU or ND?? Wish him well if he chooses to Roll Tide !!

• Disdain 1

17 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm not pretending to know this kid, It is just an opinion. When have I ever said i knew these kids? Maybe you need to be less judgmental. Again that is just my opinion, I don't know you.  Glad he gets recognition from a high P-5 school, not many kids do so from Indiana.  Maybe I'm bias and think/hope he goes to IU, PU or ND?? Wish him well if he chooses to Roll Tide !!

More directed at Gipper, sorry for quoting you.

Was simply providing the data YOU requested.

Edited by Guest

Got ya. Most of those on your list had good playing time at those schools, I would not say all had impacting careers though. IMO, I would say high P-5 schools are; Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon, Auburn, Oklahoma, LSU & Georgia. On outside fringe; Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida State, USC, Florida, Texas, Washington & Penn State.

I look forward to following Curry at the next level, I do think he will be a good player. 

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

More directed at Gipper, sorry for quoting you.

Was simply providing the data YOU requested.

I've come to the conclusion that you are an arrogant idiot.  

You'r negatives suddenly outweigh your positives

Edited by DT

21 minutes ago, DT said:

I've come to the conclusion that you are an arrogant idiot.  

You'r negatives suddenly outweigh your positives

I’ll take that as a compliment coming from you.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I’ll take that as a compliment coming from you.

And a smart aleck as well

Always have a punk comeback

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

You're welcome. btw, there is no apostrophe in *your*

I've run out of edit options.  A little sloppy this morning.  But the message should be crystal clear.  

Just now, DT said:

I've run out of edit options.  A little sloppy this morning.  But the message should be crystal clear.  

Yep, when you're calling someone an idiot, don't make a grammar error is the message.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

Just now, gonzoron said:

Yep, when you're calling someone an idiot, don't make a grammar error is the message.

You too.

Read your post

LOL

57 minutes ago, Temptation said:

All good descriptors of your general attitude and demeanor around here.  About time somebody called you out.  

Lets add condescending to the list.