Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

July 6th - Maybe??

BTW.  Still have NOT worn a mask besides on the airplane.  Will NOT start now.  If you are worried, I will be the one in the President Trump shirt (or socks or MAGA hat) not wearing a mask!  I'll buy ya a pop.  Don't be a dam* fool!  WAKE up!

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I think the value in terms of this forum is how there isn't any risk to the HS age kids.  There is the obvious concern of them bringing it home to those more vulnerable.  I still think that those who think that the only way they can get through this season is if they don't get a single case on their team through the entirety of the football season are living in a bit of a dream world.  That said...I wouldn't quarantine anyone that wasn't symptomatic or didn't have prolonged exposure to someone who was either symptomatic or tested positive.  I also wouldn't test the whole team every time a positive popped up.  That is just me and my views don't represent the views of the South Gibson School Corporation or the coaching staff.

I congratulate (and am a little jealous of) the South Gibson school Corp. They have an administration that values the community and extra curricular aspects of the school environment. They are asking the question of HOW? as opposed to the question SHOULD? when it comes to fall schooling and athletics.

Any team that has made a run deep in the playoffs have experienced ‘flu week’ when several players come down with illness. It is inevitable. I have a friend whose son (JV player at the time) was sent home at halftime on during a sectional game because he was throwing up and they didn’t want to get the rest of the team sick. 

I want to focus on the How do we do it as safely as possible. Require a mask for fans to sit in the stands. Spread fans out where possible.  (If you want to stand in the endzones, have at it.) Handshake lines after games are probably suspended for the year. Players should be able to get in and out of locker rooms with minimal fan interaction. Those are just a few easy steps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I congratulate (and am a little jealous of) the South Gibson school Corp. They have an administration that values the community and extra curricular aspects of the school environment. They are asking the question of HOW? as opposed to the question SHOULD? when it comes to fall schooling and athletics.

Any team that has made a run deep in the playoffs have experienced ‘flu week’ when several players come down with illness. It is inevitable. I have a friend whose son (JV player at the time) was sent home at halftime on during a sectional game because he was throwing up and they didn’t want to get the rest of the team sick. 

I want to focus on the How do we do it as safely as possible. Require a mask for fans to sit in the stands. Spread fans out where possible.  (If you want to stand in the endzones, have at it.) Handshake lines after games are probably suspended for the year. Players should be able to get in and out of locker rooms with minimal fan interaction. Those are just a few easy steps 

Absolutely.  Masks and social distancing are very important.  Anyone who doesn’t believe this is fooling himself.  I know distancing will make the game experience much different, but we need to stay safe in all aspects, not just a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Absolutely.  Masks and social distancing are very important.  Anyone who doesn’t believe this is fooling himself.  I know distancing will make the game experience much different, but we need to stay safe in all aspects, not just a few.

So social distancing (6 feet +), wear a mask and vigorous hand cleaning?  We are back to this?  Why was this all not enforced during the rioting, looting and burning?  I’ll wait. WAKE UP folks!  You are being fooled!

See you 8/14 or 8/15 (I prefer 8/15 WITH fans)!

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

That's some funny $hit right there.

I don't recall running around looting and rioting to cause these "spikes".

I don't recall saying that ! I have to question your reading comprehension.

I was NOT at any looting or rioting.

BTW, for all you too scared to live your life and enjoy your freedom God gave us all, been back from the "Covid hotspot" of Florida for 2 weeks (you know, muh quarantine b/c of muh incubation period) and NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH!

Doesn't surprise me you have NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH.... you said a while back you thought you had it way early so you're gonna have NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH....unless you want to recant your earlier comment.

WAKE UP people!

See you 8/14 or 8/15!

I am the target bc I am not scared to live my life!

....at the expense of others !!! WAKE UP DANN !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I stand by all my comments. ALL. OF. THEM!  Don’t like them. Don’t read them. 

Again. My freedoms don’t end with your fear!

I will live my life. You live yours. 
Rioting. Looting and Burning down cities were allowed and are being allowed presently, yet others like you, will say my choices are at the expense of others. You are insane. 

Also for all you liberals, “My body. My choice!”  

Did I say you did?  Just pointing out your insane, idiotic thinking. 
Freedom is awesome. Don’t like it? Stay in your house. Stay locked down. Cry in your corner. 

5 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Did I say you did?  Just pointing out your insane, idiotic thinking. 
Freedom is awesome. Don’t like it? Stay in your house. Stay locked down. Cry in your corner. 

Freedom is awesome. It’s so awesome that I think I’ll exercise my right to free speech by going into a packed movie theater and yelling “fire!” just to see what happens. After all, I’m free and all the other people can shift for themselves.

Freedom comes with some responsibility attached to it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

Freedom is awesome. It’s so awesome that I think I’ll exercise my right to free speech by going into a packed movie theater and yelling “fire!” just to see what happens. After all, I’m free and all the other people can shift for themselves.

My freedom does not stop with your fear. 
If masks work, then why let the prisoners out?

And to @dazed and confused, about having this “virus” in January, take that argument you tried to give back to me......

I will continue to NOT wear a mask. 

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

My body, my choice. Freedom is AWESOME!

Just a thought from a VERY wise man. 

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Edited by brvheart63

So social distancing (6 feet +), wear a mask and vigorous hand cleaning?  We are back to this?  Why was this all not enforced during the rioting, looting and burning?  I’ll wait. WAKE UP folks!  You are being fooled!

I see your point, but it’s a step in the right direction as this virus is not going away any time soon .

14 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

And to @dazed and confused, about having this “virus” in January, take that argument you tried to give back to me, up w Hookster. 

So let me get this straight

You are for "your body your choice" when it involves you but women say it or want that choice... Nope. 

Another hypocritical statement from you DE. 

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

He doesnt understand logic bobref. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

I stand by all my comments. ALL. OF. THEM!  Don’t like them. Don’t read them. 

Only reason i read them is to point out your hypocritical stances or ignorant posts.

Florida, Georgia and Texas have such great leadership their covid cases are SURGING!

Edited by TheStatGuy

19 hours ago, Gipper said:

Very much so. 

It's not about us, its about thy neighbor. 

Its why we struggle with it now... Most only care about themselves and not others. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Back to this? I haven't stopped doing it. 

That's the problem. States that still forced this and were slow to open didn't see much rises.  States such as Florida, Georgia and Texas that didn't enforce and opened quickly started to see a rise. 

Great Republican leadership. 

And to @dazed and confused, about having this “virus” in January, take that argument you tried to give back to me, up w Hookster. 

27 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Back to this? I haven't stopped doing it. 

That's the problem. States that still forced this and were slow to open didn't see much rises.  States such as Florida, Georgia and Texas that didn't enforce and opened quickly started to see a rise. 

Great Republican leadership. 

OOB guys.

• Thanks 1