Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Comments On A Return To Competition

12 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

If (let me stress IF) fall sports are canceled (fully/partially), I pray all stakeholders (parents, athletes, teachers, schools, coaches, boards, etc.) really take a stand. If the riots, looting, burning, vandalizing, pride parades, protests of all kinds, etc are allowed to occur with nothing be done, then sports must be allowed to go on. 

From last night. 
If you support this, or at least don’t speak out against it, but want schools and sports shut down, you are part of the problem and being exposed as frauds and hypocrites. 

BBD59C58-E38B-43BA-A610-8A61404A5B8C.jpeg

After reading the cdc has admitted to screwing up test results with antibodies test that definitely is a plus in football season happening.    Numbers are much higher than they should be.   Some people at CDC definitely getting fired over this one.  

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

Do I wear a mask when no one else is going to wear a mask?  Does that even do anything?  

The IFCA guideline is clear; for all members who are coaching, masks are to be worn by coaches throughout practice and games at this point. If you choose not to, then the IFCA insurance will not protect you. I am not a fan of having to wear them in the heat we are facing now, but I am also not willing to take a risk that could potentially cost me my career. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The IFCA guideline is clear; for all members who are coaching, masks are to be worn by coaches throughout practice and games at this point. If you choose not to, then the IFCA insurance will not protect you. I am not a fan of having to wear them in the heat we are facing now, but I am also not willing to take a risk that could potentially cost me my career. 

Honest question. How does a coach (or official during season) blow a whistle while wearing a mask? 

Edited by oldtimeqb

the bottom line is pretty simple.......if we want to play the game we love, watch the game we love, coach the game we love and officiate the game we love.....wear a mask........if not by the end of July we can all sit around and start a new post on the GID about "what do we do now since there is no football".........it's not a difficult decision...........we as coaches are always talking to the players about the life lessons of sacrifice and doing what it takes to be successful.......if we want a season, a full season, it's time to apply the lessons we preach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Honest question. How does a coach (or official during season) blow a whistle while wearing a mask? 

Same way you sing or whistle a tune wearing a mask.  Muffled, but still audible.  

4 minutes ago, cw13 said:

the bottom line is pretty simple.......if we want to play the game we love, watch the game we love, coach the game we love and officiate the game we love.....wear a mask........if not by the end of July we can all sit around and start a new post on the GID about "what do we do now since there is no football".........it's not a difficult decision...........we as coaches are always talking to the players about the life lessons of sacrifice and doing what it takes to be successful.......if we want a season, a full season, it's time to apply the lessons we preach.

well said

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Just tested. I had the whistle outside the mask; and the whistle worked. 

24 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just tested. I had the whistle outside the mask; and the whistle worked. 

Was it a pealess Whistle, like a Fox 40? Or did you use a real football whistle, like the Acme Thunderer?

image.jpeg

What if you did not attend the Zoom meetings, I was told it was limited to the first 100 per session?  There are over 300 schools that have football, but only 200 got to see the zoom meeting?  It is not posted on their website, so how do I get the info?

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

The hypocrisy by the left is astounding. 
From last night:

2B8521CE-5549-42C0-919A-EE21D3A11781.jpeg

Where's the proof that was from last night? You rarely if ever post anything thats backed by facts. 

Here's major hypocrisy 

You say you hate coastal elites but you voted for one. You say the left is bad, but trump up until 2016 donated to democrats. You hate it that the government tells you what you can and can't but you want them to tell a woman what she can and can't, what gay people can and can't do. This is why the right is losing popularity in big fashion with people 18-45. 

You sir are at the top of the class in hypocrisy 101. 

• Disdain 2

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Try as I might, I cannot see the logic behind this. It reminds me of when I was a little kid, and one of my friends got to do something I wanted to do, but my parents wouldn’t let me because they thought it was unsafe. I would stamp my foot and wail about the unfairness of kids getting to do something that I couldn’t. I guess I’ve sort of answered my own question: it’s “little kids logic.”

Coach E doesn't understand logic... But you are right.. Its little kids logic

They saw Texas, Arizona, Florida and Georgia re opening and wanted to as well... Now look. AZ has more covid cases then some countries. 

If it continues to rise.. We can't play sports period. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

22 hours ago, Temptation said:

Some football (no matter when played) is better than NO football...though Michigan is a unique case.

Itd be cool to see fall sports played in spring and spring sports played in fall. 

5 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

After reading the cdc has admitted to screwing up test results with antibodies test that definitely is a plus in football season happening.    Numbers are much higher than they should be.   Some people at CDC definitely getting fired over this one.  

The CDC, WHO, NIH and Dr. Fauci have been incorrect so many times. The more information that comes out, the more this new “virus” is like the common cold/flu/pneumonia. 
Just because the virus is renamed, doesn’t make it new. 

35 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

The CDC, WHO, NIH and Dr. Fauci have been incorrect so many times. The more information that comes out, the more this new “virus” is like the common cold/flu/pneumonia. 
Just because the virus is renamed, doesn’t make it new. 

Take my bet. 

Btw, i wish i could be as blind as you are. Ignorance is bliss i guess. 

It’s just mind numbing as to the many differing opinions based on where you live as to people’s beliefs in certain things.

For instance, Marion and Lake Counties account for just over 20 percent of the state’s population and boast 1/3 of the state’s covid cases.  They need to approach things differently that Southwest Indiana.

Hell, I was out to eat on the southside of Indianapolis last week and ate on the south side of County Line Road (Johnson County).  The establishment I was visiting had a 45 minute wait for a table, was packed to capacity, had full bar service and only the employees were wearing masks.

I looked across the street from the parking lot at a competitor and they had 6 cars in the parking lot and two of their employees were just hanging outside.

500 feet apart.

This original posting, especially the comment about people will die, is sheer fear mongering, is despicable. and should not even have to be responded to.  But, I'm glad so many have responded who understand that living is not about spending your life trying to protect yourself from every risk.  People like the original poster will never be able to be pleased. Now that the virus has been released upon us we must learn to live life with it and not be boarded up in our own little cocoons. (Which by the way has been shown not to protect you).

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

It’s just mind numbing as to the many differing opinions based on where you live as to people’s beliefs in certain things.

For instance, Marion and Lake Counties account for just over 20 percent of the state’s population and boast 1/3 of the state’s covid cases.  They need to approach things differently that Southwest Indiana.

Hell, I was out to eat on the southside of Indianapolis last week and ate on the south side of County Line Road (Johnson County).  The establishment I was visiting had a 45 minute wait for a table, was packed to capacity, had full bar service and only the employees were wearing masks.

I looked across the street from the parking lot at a competitor and they had 6 cars in the parking lot and two of their employees were just hanging outside.

500 feet apart.

I think your point would have more weight ... if our society weren’t so mobile. The absence of any borders except lines on a map cries out for more uniformity than individuality in any solution. The virus doesn’t read maps.

• Like 2

So what does this do to the planned restart of high school football?

https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/face-masks-to-be-mandatory-in-marion-county-beginning-july-9?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=2020-07-02

Face masks to be mandatory in Marion County beginning July 9

July 2, 2020 | Samm Quinn, Indianapolis Business Journal

KEYWORDS CORONAVIRUS / DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH / GOV. ERIC HOLCOMB / HEALTH CARE / INDIANAPOLIS / LAW & POLITICS / LOCAL GOVERNMENT / MARION COUNTY / POLITICS / PUBLIC HEALTH

COMMENTS

PRINT

Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Marion County Public Health Department officials said Thursday that they’re mandating that face masks be worn in public in Marion County.

Beginning July 9, face coverings will be required to be worn in indoor places where the public gathers, such as in office buildings and retail stores. They’ll also be required outdoors when it’s not possible to socially distance.

The mandate comes as Marion County prepares to enter Stage 4.5 of the state’s Back on Track plan, announced by Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday. The state is strongly recommending — but not mandating — Hoosiers wear masks and has launched a marketing campaign aimed at encouraging face coverings.

As part of the new public health order, events larger than 1,000 people will be required to submit a health and safety plan to the Marion County Public Health Department for approval.

Nursing homes and assisted living facilities will remain closed to visitors, and overnight camps will not be allowed.

“This isn’t complicated. It’s a piece of cloth. It’s a piece of cloth that could save your life and the lives of those around you, and it’s the right thing to do,” Hogsett said.

• Thanks 1