Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Week 1

10 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Amen brother. Amen. See Bubba Smollet and Nascar. 

NFL ratings dropped 19 percent during the “anthem controversy.”

Isn't there some sort of famous quote out there about “understanding history or you’re doomed to...”

Can’t quite remember it.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Isn't there some sort of famous quote out there about “understanding history or you’re doomed to...”

Is that what they say down there on the minus side of 8th St in the 'tucky?

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Is that what they say down there on the minus side of 8th St in the 'tucky?

I remain steadfast...co vid is the LEAST OF YOUR concerns especially following this gem of a post.

Once again, I’ll turn to the data.  Folks tune in to sports to escape reality and enjoy competition for a few hours.  

The NBA and NFL can continue to try to make the social media world happy at the expense of the folks who actually pay their salaries.

Their choice.  It’ll end up the same way.

5 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I remain steadfast...co vid is the LEAST OF YOUR concerns especially following this gem of a post.

Once again, I’ll turn to the data.  Folks tune in to sports to escape reality and enjoy competition for a few hours.  

The NBA and NFL can continue to try to make the social media world happy at the expense of the folks who actually pay their salaries.

Their choice.  It’ll end up the same way.

You didn't answer my question. I'll wait.

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You didn't answer my question. I'll wait.

I live 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis.  

You’re embarrassing yourself.  Take some geritol and hit the sack grandpa.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Can’t quite remember it.

I believe the climate today is quite different than it was back then. The NFL obviously believes that, too.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I believe the climate today is quite different than it was back then. The NFL obviously believes that, too.

The “perceived” climate is quite different.  TV ratings and ticket sales will tell a different story.

13 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I live 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis.  

What bearing does that have on the question I asked? 

6 minutes ago, Temptation said:

TV ratings and ticket sales will tell a different story.

We've heard that before. Think the Broncos will participate?

Edited by gonzoron

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

What bearing does that have on the question I asked? 

We've heard that before. Think the Broncos will participate?

We’ve SEEN it before.  Check 2016 and 2017 on your internet machine gramps.

Its not a coincidence.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Can’t quite remember it.

Yes. Yes there is, but hey, what do I know. I’m just a US History teacher. 

14 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Going to play the Black National Anthem. Huh?

To clarify, it is not instead of the National anthem. It is to be played before the anthem. I don’t get why it is such a big deal. Sure fans who “pay their salaries” might get upset, but to me, people are now just looking for reasons to be upset at something.....across the political spectrum. 

No different than NASCAR playing O Canada before the National Anthem at Michigan International Speedway, or Indianapolis Motor Speedway playing Back Home in Indiana before the Anthem. Well, sadly there is ONE difference.

29 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No different than NASCAR playing O Canada before the National Anthem at Michigan International Speedway, or Indianapolis Motor Speedway playing Back Home in Indiana before the Anthem. Well, sadly there is ONE difference.

Yep, there is.  The title.  The double standard makes me cringe.

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

"Lift Every Voice and Sing"? Why would anyone have a problem with that?

You’re trying too hard here.  EVERY media outlet is stating the actual name of the song in the subtitle or in the opening paragraph while every headline reads “The BLACK National Anthem.”

Once again, the headline is for “shock value” or “clickbait” while you actually have to read/scan the article for the facts.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You’re trying too hard here.  EVERY media outlet is stating the actual name of the song in the subtitle or in the opening paragraph while every headline reads “The BLACK National Anthem.”

Once again, the headline is for “shock value” or “clickbait” while you actually have to read/scan the article for the facts.

But the Canadian National Anthem is ok. Got it.

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

But the Canadian National Anthem is ok. Got it.

You are moving the goalposts and embarrassing yourself further with each post.

1.  The Canadian National Anthem represents a COUNTRY and the entirety of a COUNTRY.  Nothing more nothing less.  It doesn’t choose a sub set of features or characteristics that apply to PART of the population.  An absolutely terrible analogy on your part.

2.  There are ZERO Canadian NFL teams therefore the Canadian National Anthem is not played before NFL contests.  If we are speaking to varying nationalities, do we now check each team’s roster prior to kickoff and queue up every national anthem of each country represented?  What’s next?  The blonde hair national Anthem?  The green eyes national anthem?  The females national anthem?

3.  So, what do other nationalities do during the “black national anthem”?  Do they stand?  Kneel?  Hand placement?

Its just the latest Hail Mary for the league to prove that it is “woke” and appease certain folks but will end up backfiring in the end...again.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You are moving the goalposts and embarrassing yourself further with each post

No, I'm not. I mentioned the Canadian National Anthem in the OP you responded to. You are the one choosing to move the goalpost. 

Edited by gonzoron

@Bobref Since the other thread got locked and you said misery and ignorance towards me.....

I will make sure to come up and introduce my miserable, ignorant self to you at the Lake County Official meetings.  I will be the one NOT wearing a mask.  🙂

To all you know it alls, just got back from Costco.  Supposed to be mandatory masks.  I walked in, lady asks if i have a mask and I pull one out of my pocket, hold it up to my face, and enter.  I immediately put it back in my pocket.  She says you need to wear it while you are in here.  I said, sure will. Never did.

So I use the restroom and pass their break room.  Guess what know it alls, not a DAM Costco employee had their mask on. I made sure to tell the manager on the way out and informed what the entry lady said to me.  Their jaws were on the ground.  I politely smiled, said God Bless America and have a wonderful 4th of July!

Now you people living in fear, stay scared my friends.   I am LOVING life.  

***Oh yeah, BTW Bob, I know we are still hurting to obtain and retain officials, you calling other officials miserable and ignorant sure makes you look good.  😉

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You are moving the goalposts and embarrassing yourself further with each post.

1.  The Canadian National Anthem represents a COUNTRY and the entirety of a COUNTRY.  Nothing more nothing less.  It doesn’t choose a sub set of features or characteristics that apply to PART of the population.  An absolutely terrible analogy on your part.

2.  There are ZERO Canadian NFL teams therefore the Canadian National Anthem is not played before NFL contests.  If we are speaking to varying nationalities, do we now check each team’s roster prior to kickoff and queue up every national anthem of each country represented?  What’s next?  The blonde hair national Anthem?  The green eyes national anthem?  The females national anthem?

3.  So, what do other nationalities do during the “black national anthem”?  Do they stand?  Kneel?  Hand placement?

Its just the latest Hail Mary for the league to prove that it is “woke” and appease certain folks but will end up backfiring in the end...again.

That is all he does.  He is clueless.

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

There are ZERO Canadian NFL teams therefore the Canadian National Anthem is not played before NFL contest

There have been plenty of times at MIS when there were ZERO Canadian NASCAR drivers.

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

There have been plenty of times at MIS when there were ZERO Canadian NASCAR drivers.

I’ll assume you mean IMS and I’d like to see your data. 

Dude, you’re all over the place.  Just take the loss.

Edited by Guest