Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Week 1

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I’ll assume you mean IMS and I’d like to see your data. 

Dude, you’re all over the place.  Just take the loss.

He is a mess and will never. People like him is exactly why I NEVER bend the knee to their mob ways. They bend and lie until it fits their narrative. 

So many people on this very board are exposing their hatred toward America and it’s FREEDOMS!  
Never thought I’d see it. 
God bless the 🇺🇸 BABY!

BTW. There is only ONE 🇺🇸 NATIONAL ANTHEM!  Don’t like that, GTFO!

24 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You are moving the goalposts and embarrassing yourself further with each post.

1.  The Canadian National Anthem represents a COUNTRY and the entirety of a COUNTRY.  Nothing more nothing less.  It doesn’t choose a sub set of features or characteristics that apply to PART of the population.  An absolutely terrible analogy on your part.

2.  There are ZERO Canadian NFL teams therefore the Canadian National Anthem is not played before NFL contests.  If we are speaking to varying nationalities, do we now check each team’s roster prior to kickoff and queue up every national anthem of each country represented?  What’s next?  The blonde hair national Anthem?  The green eyes national anthem?  The females national anthem?

3.  So, what do other nationalities do during the “black national anthem”?  Do they stand?  Kneel?  Hand placement?

Its just the latest Hail Mary for the league to prove that it is “woke” and appease certain folks but will end up backfiring in the end...again.

Were you ever this upset when the Philadelphia Flyers had Kate Smith sing God Bless America as far back as the 70's INSTEAD of the National Anthem???? 

Again, there is absolutely no reason anyone should be bothered by the playing of this PRIOR to the National Anthem. 

19 minutes ago, Temptation said:

’ll assume you mean IMS

No, I mean Michigan International Speedway. Which I mentioned in my original post. Your reading comprehension is pathetic.

16 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

🇺🇸 NATIONAL ANTHEM!

*U.S.*

59 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

@Bobref Since the other thread got locked and you said misery and ignorance towards me.....

I will make sure to come up and introduce my miserable, ignorant self to you at the Lake County Official meetings.  I will be the one NOT wearing a mask.  🙂

To all you know it alls, just got back from Costco.  Supposed to be mandatory masks.  I walked in, lady asks if i have a mask and I pull one out of my pocket, hold it up to my face, and enter.  I immediately put it back in my pocket.  She says you need to wear it while you are in here.  I said, sure will. Never did.

So I use the restroom and pass their break room.  Guess what know it alls, not a DAM Costco employee had their mask on. I made sure to tell the manager on the way out and informed what the entry lady said to me.  Their jaws were on the ground.  I politely smiled, said God Bless America and have a wonderful 4th of July!

Now you people living in fear, stay scared my friends.   I am LOVING life.  

***Oh yeah, BTW Bob, I know we are still hurting to obtain and retain officials, you calling other officials miserable and ignorant sure makes you look good.  😉

This really is an unfortunate thing to red Dann. If a friend invites you into their home and says please do not smoke; your mindset is you have every right to smoke any way. 

You wore a shirt and shoes into the store right? Those are required too. The sad part though is that you were not only deceptive; you intended on being so before you ever left home. To see you even boasting about being deceptive (holding the mask to your face as if you intended to keep it there) is sad as well. As a business owner, Costco has every right to set standards for all who choose to shop there; from paying a membership fee, to telling customers they need to wear shirts, shoes, pants, skirts or dresses, and yes, even masks. Claiming that you saw employees not following the guidelines is no excuse either. You know we have kids in class that say that, and it never works as an excuse. I get you don't want to wear the mask; nothing I can do about that; and as you say that is your right. But your rights for that end the moment you step into a store, restaurant, or any other place where an owner has set a requirement for all to wear a mask. 

There are many great things the game of football teaches us. One is that we all have a role to play if the team is going to be successful. As a coach and a former player, I know we , like many others had kids who really wanted to do their own thing. They did not fit in well and ended up being a divisive force in the locker room. The game itself has rules and expectations we all have to follow if we choose to participate in the great game. We do not get to pick and choose which rules to follow or not follow. There are consequences for not following, whether it is not being able to play because a player ignores what he is coached to do; or penalty flags if on the field, and enough of those lead to ejection. There are players who are dismissed from teams because of the problems mentioned. That is how life is in a civilized society. It teaches respect for others and respect for the game itself. We learn to respect the differences among us and work together for a common cause. 

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Oh yeah, BTW Bob, I know we are still hurting to obtain and retain officials, you calling other officials miserable and ignorant sure makes you look good.  😉

Dann, it is no sin to be ignorant. That simply means uninformed on a particular topic. There are a lot of subjects on which I am ignorant, because I simply don’t have the knowledge. Ignorant does not mean stupid.

”Willful“ ignorance, on the other hand, is something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Were you ever this upset when the Philadelphia Flyers had Kate Smith sing God Bless America as far back as the 70's INSTEAD of the National Anthem???? 

Again, there is absolutely no reason anyone should be bothered by the playing of this PRIOR to the National Anthem. 

Not bothered with it being played personally but it WILL turn others off.  I’m not your typical NFL fan though as I’m more of a Friday night/all day Saturday guy.

Bothered by the title that the media has decided to run with.  The double standard is insane.  We are ripping down monuments and statues from 200 years ago yet are “woke enough” to use the title “Black National Anthem” in 2020 and see no problem with it.

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, Irishman said:

This really is an unfortunate thing to red Dann. If a friend invites you into their home and says please do not smoke; your mindset is you have every right to smoke any way. 

You wore a shirt and shoes into the store right? Those are required too. The sad part though is that you were not only deceptive; you intended on being so before you ever left home. To see you even boasting about being deceptive (holding the mask to your face as if you intended to keep it there) is sad as well. As a business owner, Costco has every right to set standards for all who choose to shop there; from paying a membership fee, to telling customers they need to wear shirts, shoes, pants, skirts or dresses, and yes, even masks. Claiming that you saw employees not following the guidelines is no excuse either. You know we have kids in class that say that, and it never works as an excuse. I get you don't want to wear the mask; nothing I can do about that; and as you say that is your right. But your rights for that end the moment you step into a store, restaurant, or any other place where an owner has set a requirement for all to wear a mask. 

There are many great things the game of football teaches us. One is that we all have a role to play if the team is going to be successful. As a coach and a former player, I know we , like many others had kids who really wanted to do their own thing. They did not fit in well and ended up being a divisive force in the locker room. The game itself has rules and expectations we all have to follow if we choose to participate in the great game. We do not get to pick and choose which rules to follow or not follow. There are consequences for not following, whether it is not being able to play because a player ignores what he is coached to do; or penalty flags if on the field, and enough of those lead to ejection. There are players who are dismissed from teams because of the problems mentioned. That is how life is in a civilized society. It teaches respect for others and respect for the game itself. We learn to respect the differences among us and work together for a common cause. 

No. Not at all. My body. My choice. 
And what really could’ve saved lives, but too bad the man trying to help this country through all of this madness constantly gets blasted. 

5AE9B7E2-88EA-4DA1-9869-84332C705918.jpeg

0E45530A-914C-4C0C-A7F5-2383FD908E3A.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I’m sorry you don’t see the freedom I see. Have a blessed 4th of July!  

40 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Dann, it is no sin to be ignorant. That simply means uninformed on a particular topic. There are a lot of subjects on which I am ignorant, because I simply don’t have the knowledge. Ignorant does not mean stupid.

Moonwalk baby!

19 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Not bothered with it being played personally but it WILL turn others off.  I’m not your typical NFL fan though as I’m more of a Friday night/all day Saturday guy.

Bothered by the title that the media has decided to run with.  The double standard is insane.  We are ripping down monuments and statues from 200 years ago yet are “woke enough” to use the title “Black National Anthem” in 2020 and see no problem with it.

People will eventually wake up. They are the 4-6%. 

5 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

And what really could’ve saved lives, but too bad the man trying to help this country through all of this madness constantly gets blasted. 

So the my bod my choice does not apply to the owner of Costco, huh? sad sorry to see you do not see the freedom he has, or that your freedom is somehow more important than his. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Here’s a question then, why was nothing enforced?  Why were their employees allowed to wear masks below their noses?  Why were their employees allowed to not wear masks in the break room?

Saved the best for last, I was thanked by MANY people, shoppers and workers. Oh. Did I forget to mention that?  Whoops. 

It was just that one Karen at the beginning. Dam. That sounds funny. That’s the 1st time I’ve used that phrase. Come to think of it, she did look the part. 

Happy 4th of July all. Can’t wait to see family and friends. Cookout. Swim. Have a pop or three. Shoot fireworks off. Say the Pledge of Allegiance, sing the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America. (Family traditions). 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

So the my bod my choice does not apply to the owner of Costco, huh? sad sorry to see you do not see the freedom he has, or that your freedom is somehow more important than his. 

Costco had EVERY right (freedom) to evict me and I would have peacefully left. But not a SINGLE person said a word. Many thanked me though. Don’t forget to read that part. 

16 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Yes. Yes there is, but hey, what do I know. I’m just a US History teacher. 

That doesn't understand the Democrats and Republicans switched platforms in the 60s.. So sad. 

Take my bet. 

3 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Here’s a question then, why was nothing enforced?  Why were their employees allowed to wear masks below their noses?  Why were their employees allowed to not wear masks in the break room?

Saved the best for last, I was thanked by MANY people, shoppers and workers. Oh. Did I forget to mention that?  Whoops. 

It was just that one Karen at the beginning. Dam. That sounds funny. That’s the 1st time I’ve used that phrase. Come to think of it, she did look the part. 

Happy 4th of July all. Can’t wait to see family and friends. Cookout. Swim. Have a pop or three. Shoot fireworks off. Say the Pledge of Allegiance, sing the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America. (Family traditions). 

Multiple wrongs don’t make something right. You know that. As I said, you went in with the intent to deceive. That is what the really sad part is. 

50 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I agree with your statement. Dann isn't dumb in the grand scheme of things but hes willfully ignorant on lots of things and it's sad. 

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Multiple wrongs don’t make something right. You know that. As I said, you went in with the intent to deceive. That is what the really sad part is. 

No. But thanks for assuming. You do you. I’ll do me. My body. My choice. Now please educate me on your stance on abortion. 

I will say this again. Those looters rioters black lives matter folks and Antifa, yeah. Watch their carnage and you are going to have the audacity to say me not wearing a mask is bad. Dude. You are lost. Be well. 

18 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Amen brother. Amen. See Bubba Smollet and Nascar. 

What happened between Bubba Wallace and Smollett are two completely different things... Another ignorant statement. 

Just now, DannEllenwood said:

No. But thanks for assuming. You do you. I’ll do me. My body. My choice. Now please educate me on your stance on abortion. 

I will say this again. Those looters rioters black lives matter folks and Antifa, yeah. Watch their carnage and you are going to have the audacity to say me not wearing a mask is bad. Dude. You are lost. Be well. 

Its funny. 

You hate the government telling what you can and can't do but you want to tell woman what they can and can't do. 

Take my bet.

23 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Serious question..  How long in this nation do you believe we've had all this freedom? 

Take my bet. 

7 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

You said in your post, that when you were asked if you had a mask, you pulled it out of your pocket and put it over your face. Before you entered the store, you never had any intention of wearing the mask. Even when you put it over your face, you still had no intention of keeping it there. That is basically the definition of deception. My stance on abortion has nothing to do with this. You cannot use or even mock the phrase "my body my choice" while it completely disregards or ignores the "my business, my choice" of the owner of Costco. This is about respecting the rules of the ownership of Costco. As I said earlier; you wore a shirt, shoes, shorts or pants. Again, if a friend asks you now to smoke in his house, you have no right to do so any way. 

I have never said a thing about the looters and rioting either; but because many did not wear a mask there, you somehow feel it's ok for you to ignore the rules of this owner. Dude; YOU are the one who is lost. 

7 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

OOB

27 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

The man thats "trying to help us get through this madness"  didn't take this covid seriously, that man begged for Arizona, Texas, Georgia and Florida to re open quickly and now they are leading the way. 

Our president isnt leading us on anything. 

Take my bet.

Back to the original topic, of this was so important to the NFL, why are they only making a one week commitment?

Seems they are doubling down on past mistakes.  Can’t wait to see the viewership tank, especially after players stand for the first anthem and kneel for the second...further dividing the country by race.

This won’t end well.

Anyways.  Back to the original topic.  The USA has 1, ONE, National Anthem.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Back to the original topic, of this was so important to the NFL, why are they only making a one week commitment?

Seems they are doubling down on past mistakes.  Can’t wait to see the viewership tank, especially after players stand for the first anthem and kneel for the second...further dividing the country by race.

This won’t end well.

Bingo.  And for all the doom and gloomers here, what happens if week 1 gets canceled?  Do they push it back to the first week being played.

Try and appease, you pizz off all.