Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Week 1

1 hour ago, 77Jimmie said:

I wasn't referring to you Temptation.   To DanEllenwood.

Hey Jimmie, feel free to tag me. 

Dont have a basemen either. 

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

History teacher > janitor/stat boy

😂 

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

It all ties together.

No it doesn't. Drew Brees made remarks and apologized later. DeSean Jackson tweeted and apologized later. End of story. Anything in between in either case was people expressing their personal opinion about those remarks. No more, no less. Everyone still has the right to express opinions, it's what America is all about. 

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

It all ties together.

Timeline:  

06/03 - Saints QB Drew Brees makes comments that he does not support kneeling for the flag for personal reasons.  Many NFL players (a league that is roughly 75 percent African American) destroy him.

06/04 - Drew Brees backtracks on his statements.

07/06 - DeSean Jackson makes racist, inaccurate statements about a religious group and misquotes Hitler.

07/07 - Not one NFL player, GM or front office member opens their mouth regarding Jackson’s comments and an NBA player actually comes out and SUPPORTS his statements.

07/08 - The “all lives matter” vs “black lives matter” debate makes its way to the GID.  

It’s not hard to connect the dots.  A large majority of the NFL population who claim to be “social justice advocates” only speaks up when it fits their narrative and someone who looks, thinks and acts like them has been “wronged.”  They took Brees’ comments as a shot at Kap but swept Jackson’s comments under the rug.

Social justice is not selective.  You can’t pick and choose.  Their lack of action proves that “black lives matter” when it is convenient and other lives, cultures, etc don’t so much.  Otherwise, someone would have spoken up.  

In an era where the “silence is telling” narrative has also become a popular rallying cry, this also qualifies as a perfect example.

Hey. But I’m wearing a tinfoil hat according to the Jimmie 

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

A good citizen would understand that cultural norms, values, and morals are what it takes to be a part of a liberated, free,  republic-democrat society.  

Agreed. We differ on what is considered cultural norms, value, and morals. 

I prefer Burgess Owens and his inclusivity to say, Black Lives Matter.

ALL LIVES MATTER

On 7/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, AG said:

BLM means that they matter just as much as other lives, not MORE.

All lives matter is just a racist spin on BLM.

I will hang up and wait for you, Ron, and stat boys responses. 

I will stick with Jesus’ teachings that ALL LIVES MATTER!  

2CBA0BD6-BDDE-40F9-B512-E57A3D5AFDAB.png

And stat boy even donated to this racist, hate group. 

ALL LIVES MATTER!

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

No it doesn't. Drew Brees made remarks and apologized later. DeSean Jackson tweeted and apologized later. End of story. Anything in between in either case was people expressing their personal opinion about those remarks. No more, no less. Everyone still has the right to express opinions, it's what America is all about. 

Ah, so naive and/or blind.  Such a different set of rules based on your skin color, how thick your wallet is or your political affiliations...

45 seemed to say all of the wrong things (or didn’t say enough) in the wake of the events of late May and early June (as well as the NFL kneeling saga) and SO many folks were outraged...

Everything IS actually black and white (pun COMPLETELY intended) to some people...

Edited by Guest

On 7/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, DannEllenwood said:

And?  
Bob. Keep trying to get me with your lawyer “gotcha” questions. it’s not going to work. 

Thank you. I have muted Ron and Hooker. 

43 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I will hang up and wait for you, Ron,

I thought you had me muted? Later on you said you had me ignored and it was "glorious".  Just those 2 lies and ones from your buddy are reasons why your credibility is questionable, imho.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Temptation said:

Done.  I have that southern Hamilton county cash flow.  Not the Arcadia handbag.

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I thought you had me muted? Later on you said you had me ignored and it was "glorious".  Just those 2 lies and ones from your buddy are reasons why your credibility is questionable, imho.

I don’t have you muted.  Changed my mind.  Every post I read of yours improves my self esteem.

Reminds me that even when times get tough and I am having a bad day things could be much worse, at least I’m not THAT guy...

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Agreed. We differ on what is considered cultural norms, value, and morals. 

I prefer Burgess Owens and his inclusivity to say, Black Lives Matter.

ALL LIVES MATTERhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-feel-threatened-unmasked-florida-man-s-viral-costco-outburst-cost-him-his-job/ar-BB16ukqp?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-feel-threatened-unmasked-florida-man-s-viral-costco-outburst-cost-him-his-job/ar-BB16ukqp?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

Reread The Beatitudes.  I see you are a Christian. I imagined you in the video linked above. 

Ellenwood, what I don't understand about you is why you've come on here and have practically bragged about traveling to Florida, a known hot spot, and didn't wear a mask because of your "freedom" and etc. What are you celebrating exactly, your freedom to make bad choices and potentially endanger the lives of others? What's so empowering about that? Then you're even cocky and proud of it.

I believe that you and many others have confused what you believe is freedom with selfishness. Not following rules or regulations isn't freedom either, as you bragged about as well. 

19 minutes ago, AG said:

Ellenwood, what I don't understand about you is why you've come on here and have practically bragged about traveling to Florida, a known hot spot, and didn't wear a mask because of your "freedom" and etc. What are you celebrating exactly, your freedom to make bad choices and potentially endanger the lives of others? What's so empowering about that? Then you're even cocky and proud of it.

I believe that you and many others have confused what you believe is freedom with selfishness. Not following rules or regulations isn't freedom either, as you bragged about as well. 

Bragged about taking a family vacation?  Don’t forget. Paid straight cash homey. 😉 

We had this planned and paid for months in advance. The powers that be didn’t cancel. So we CHOSE (freedom) our path. We PRAYED and made our decisions. 

I am celebrating my freedom.

I “potentially” endangered people by not wearing a mask?  Your words. Masks aren’t mandated.  If you are wearing a mask, why do you care if I’m not?  You are “protected”. My body, my choice!  Or does that only go for the murdering of babies?

Have a great day at work tomorrow. 

27 minutes ago, AG said:

That’s DannEllenwood to you sporty. 

ALL LIVES MATTER. 

3 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Bragged about taking a family vacation?  Don’t forget. Paid straight cash homey. 😉 

We had this planned and paid for months in advance. The powers that be didn’t cancel. So we CHOSE (freedom) our path. We PRAYED and made our decisions. 

I am celebrating my freedom.

I “potentially” endangered people by not wearing a mask?  Your words. Masks aren’t mandated.  If you are wearing a mask, why do you care if I’m not?  You are “protected”. My body, my choice!  Or does that only go for the murdering of babies?

Have a great day at work tomorrow. 

That’s DannEllenwood to you sporty. 

ALL LIVES MATTER. 

Luckily I'm off tomorrow.

Wearing a mask protects others, not vice versa. 

What a classy response by Julian Edelman.  Didn’t post some passive aggressive response and “demand justice” for Jackson, didn’t call for action against him or for him to lose his job, simply reached out and offered to educate him.

Far too often in today’s “cancel culture” folks want immediate retribution when someone makes a mistake, says/does something or posts something controversial to social media.  Calling for their job or making it about themselves.

Kudos Julian Edelman.  Hopefully others follow.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, AG said:

Luckily I'm off tomorrow.

Wearing a mask protects others, not vice versa. 

Have a great day. Always awesome for a 3 day weekend, 🤞.  

Just to re clarify, I social distance (been doing this before it was cool.  RELAX people, it’s a joke), wash my hands and practice hygiene. 

All those work, don’t need a mask. And if masks *work*, why haven’t they been proper protocol since March 13?

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Have a great day. Always awesome for a 3 day weekend, 🤞.  

Just to re clarify, I social distance (been doing this before it was cool.  RELAX people, it’s a joke), wash my hands and practice hygiene. 

All those work, don’t need a mask. And if masks *work*, why haven’t they been proper protocol since March 13?

If your school district decides to require teachers to wear a mask, will you? 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Our coaches are wearing them now at practice. I expect the school system to require them for teachers also.

19 minutes ago, Irishman said:

YES.  He said he would.  He also wore it on the plane to FL.

When my wife says we are going over to the in-laws house but I really just want to stay home and watch football, do I still go?

YES.  

We all do things in life we don’t want to despite our opinions.  It’s called being an adult.

28 minutes ago, Temptation said:

When my wife says we are going over to the in-laws house but I really just want to stay home and watch football, do I still go?

YES.  

We all do things in life we don’t want to despite our opinions.  It’s called being an adult.

Thanks, and I agree. I tell my students that same message, we all have to do things in life we don't want to. That said, it just does not seem to be be consistent with what he told us about his Costco experience. 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Thanks, and I agree. I tell my students that same message, we all have to do things in life we don't want to. That said, it just does not seem to be be consistent with what he told us about his Costco experience. 

Can Costco fire him?  Are young eyes upon him at Costco?  Personal vs professional my friend.

If Costco refused him service, he has other options.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I already addressed this in another thread, but for you my friend, I will address it again.....Yes.  If my employer says I MUST wear a mask, I will.  

45 minutes ago, Temptation said:

YES.  

Agreed.