Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Week 1

16 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Thanks, and I agree. I tell my students that same message, we all have to do things in life we don't want to. That said, it just does not seem to be be consistent with what he told us about his Costco experience. 

I am right here Irish.  You can tag me so I can see what you are saying.  

We live in the GREATEST country EVER.  The state does not mandate masks be worn.  The nation does not mandate masks be worn.  It is our choice.  I made a choice.  Costco could have asked me to leave.  They did not. 

4 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I am right here Irish.  You can tag me so I can see what you are saying.  

We live in the GREATEST country EVER.  The state does not mandate masks be worn.  The nation does not mandate masks be worn.  It is our choice.  I made a choice.  Costco could have asked me to leave.  They did not. 

Yep.  One of the reasons so many immigrants flock to America.

Have you seen what protestors in Hong Kong are carrying around with them to reiterate and support their stance?

The American flag...

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Can Costco fire him?  Are young eyes upon him at Costco?  Personal vs professional my friend.

If Costco refused him service, he has other options.

Correct. Costco can refund the unused portion of his membership fee and deny him entry into their private business as they have done at other locations.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Correct. Costco can refund the unused portion of his membership fee and deny him entry into their private business as they have done at other locations.

And then he will just choose another place to shop.  This isn’t that hard.

You’re not really trying to compare being a patron at a grocery story and being an employee of a school corporation I hope...

32 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You’re not really trying to compare being a patron at a grocery story and being an employee of a school corporation I hope..

Other Costco shoppers lives matter. It's why they have the mask requirement in place. 

But I do agree with you. Don't want to follow their rules, shop somewhere else, don't be some cheapskate who thinks all rules don't matter.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Other Costco shoppers lives matter. It's why they have the mask requirement in place. 

But I do agree with you. Don't want to follow their rules, shop somewhere else, don't be some cheapskate who thinks all rules don't matter.

“But I do agree with you.”

Damn, that’s a first.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Yep.  One of the reasons so many immigrants flock to America.

Have you seen what protestors in Hong Kong are carrying around with them to reiterate and support their stance?

The American flag...

Yes sir!  Our GREAT country is so bad, people try to flock here by the MILLIONS, but tell us all again how 🇺🇸 is soooooo bad. 

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

And then he will just choose another place to shop.  This isn’t that hard.

You’re not really trying to compare being a patron at a grocery story and being an employee of a school corporation I hope...

Bingo. Not hard for sane, independent thinkers to understand. 

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

now do the BLM, Antifa looters, rioters and other anarchists about following rules. 

Is this even English? It must be the Whitefield version. Either that or you got bit by one of the rattlesnakes at church last night? Got you speaking in tongues.

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Is this even English? It must be the Whitefield version. Either that or you got bit by one of the rattlesnakes at church last night? Got you speaking in tongues.

Punting again I see...

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I have no real need to discuss anything with a white supremacist and an Uncle Tom. Enjoy your NFL Week 1. 

🙄

L.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

🙄

L.

A white supremacist?  Uncle Tom?  These derogatory names are allowed on this site?  Gasp. 

He will take the L. 

And just think, the libs are only 1/2 way through the 🐐 leadership. What will happen come November and BEYOND????????  😉 

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

🙄

L.

Temptation. I’m presuming he’s calling you an Uncle Tom?  😂 No clue. I can’t keep up with lib worlds. 

8 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

A white supremacist?  Uncle Tom?  These derogatory names are allowed on this site?  Gasp. 

He will take the L. 

And just think, the libs are only 1/2 way through the 🐐 leadership. What will happen come November and BEYOND????????  😉 

Temptation. I’m presuming he’s calling you an Uncle Tom?  😂 No clue. I can’t keep up with lib worlds. 

I’m fine either way.  I’m tempted to say this dude has lost it, but he never had “it” to begin with.

I’ve always said, once the grammar police make an appearance or it turns to name calling/memes, the debate is over.  It’s admitting defeat.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I’m fine either way.  I’m tempted to say this dude has lost it, but he never had “it” to begin with.

I’ve always said, once the grammar police make an appearance or it turns to name calling/memes, the debate is over.  It’s admitting defeat.

Yes sir. That’s his MO

• 2 months later...

So did anyone catch the funny but lame attempt FOX used to put "fake people" in the stands at Ford Field during the Bears-Lions game yesterday?   I had heard this game was an 'experiment'  and IMHO is pretty well failed.  

And really, the piped in crowd noise is bad.  It was bad at Ford Field and bad at the Superdome during the Bucs-Saints game.  Please stop using it.

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So did anyone catch the funny but lame attempt FOX used to put "fake people" in the stands at Ford Field during the Bears-Lions game yesterday?   I had heard this game was an 'experiment'  and IMHO is pretty well failed.  

And really, the piped in crowd noise is bad.  It was bad at Ford Field and bad at the Superdome during the Bucs-Saints game.  Please stop using it.

At least they didn’t subject live people to watching that game. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bobref said:

At least they didn’t subject live people to watching that game. 

Haha...Thankfully Matt Patricia has no business being an NFL Head Coach. I don't care how many DB's you're missing, you don't switch to man coverage in the 4th when Mitch can't figure out your zone. I was on the verge of thinking we were about to see Foles in the 4th Quarter and the Lions switched to a defensive strategy that actually benefits Mitch.

Bear Down!

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Haha...Thankfully Matt Patricia has no business being an NFL Head Coach. I don't care how many DB's you're missing, you don't switch to man coverage in the 4th when Mitch can't figure out your zone. I was on the verge of thinking we were about to see Foles in the 4th Quarter and the Lions switched to a defensive strategy that actually benefits Mitch.

Bear Down!

But Patricia is defensive genius, right?  After all it was his call that won the super bowl for Patriots against the Seahawks, right?

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

But Patricia is defensive genius, right?  After all it was his call that won the super bowl for Patriots against the Seahawks, right?

That's right. He made sure to bring that play up, referred to it has being part of one of the greatest NFL plays in the history of game, when questioned by Detroit media for another late game collapse.

• Like 1

Just now, Boilernation said:

That's right. He made sure to bring that play up, referred to it has being part of one of the greatest NFL plays in the history of game, when questioned by Detroit media for another late game collapse.

Typical.    I was listening to some sports talking heads and one of them said something like  "Jim Caldwell was building the Lions into a competitive franchise so they replaced him with the 'new hotness' in Patricia, who has basically led them right back down into the toilet again."    It seems the Ford family doesn't want a winner in Detroit, they are content with mediocrity as long as it pay the bills.

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That they have let a talent like Matthew Stafford go largely unrecognized and unappreciated borders on the criminal.

Right? I was thinking the same thing! I was in awe of some of the throws he was making in that game and thought to myself, because my wife really doesn't care, that he's be considered a decent NFL QB That never one anything. BUT, that's mainly because he played in Detroit.

The Fords and McCaskey's are NFL royalty who are completely incompetent. Virginia Halas marrying a McCaskey is probably the worst thing that's ever happened to the Bears. She had to fire her own son as President of the Bears in 1998. F'n McCaskeys...

42 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Typical.    I was listening to some sports talking heads and one of them said something like  "Jim Caldwell was building the Lions into a competitive franchise so they replaced him with the 'new hotness' in Patricia, who has basically led them right back down into the toilet again."    It seems the Ford family doesn't want a winner in Detroit, they are content with mediocrity as long as it pay the bills.

This has a link to his audio from the post game presser. Head in sand...

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/9/14/21435416/matt-patricia-tone-deaf-response-detroit-lions-4th-quarter-malcolm-butler

• Like 1