Jump to content

NFL Week 1


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's abhorrent that you believe these incidents are a laughing matter.

Dey ain’t teach to good uh readin’ comprehension where u cum from huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not sure what a “gotcha” question is. But from context, I’m guessing it’s a question which, if answered, will reveal the illogic of the type of thinking you are exhibiting here.

I'm not okay with the All Lives Matter "movement" because it's not an actual movement. It was a knee jerk reaction to the BLM movement. Part of it was a misunderstanding, part of it was intentional to

At least they didn’t subject live people to watching that game. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Dey ain’t teach to good uh readin’ comprehension where u cum from huh?

I'm sorry, I don't speak West of the tracks Tuckian. Care to rephrase that in English?

Oh dear : Irony

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 11:12 AM, Irishman said:

To clarify, it is not instead of the National anthem. It is to be played before the anthem. I don’t get why it is such a big deal. Sure fans who “pay their salaries” might get upset, but to me, people are now just looking for reasons to be upset at something.....across the political spectrum. 

We used to sing it a lot at church.  It was a good thing.  It was for unity.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 1:13 PM, DannEllenwood said:

@Bobref Since the other thread got locked and you said misery and ignorance towards me.....

I will make sure to come up and introduce my miserable, ignorant self to you at the Lake County Official meetings.  I will be the one NOT wearing a mask.  🙂

To all you know it alls, just got back from Costco.  Supposed to be mandatory masks.  I walked in, lady asks if i have a mask and I pull one out of my pocket, hold it up to my face, and enter.  I immediately put it back in my pocket.  She says you need to wear it while you are in here.  I said, sure will. Never did.

So I use the restroom and pass their break room.  Guess what know it alls, not a DAM Costco employee had their mask on. I made sure to tell the manager on the way out and informed what the entry lady said to me.  Their jaws were on the ground.  I politely smiled, said God Bless America and have a wonderful 4th of July!

Now you people living in fear, stay scared my friends.   I am LOVING life.  

***Oh yeah, BTW Bob, I know we are still hurting to obtain and retain officials, you calling other officials miserable and ignorant sure makes you look good.  😉

 

That is all he does.  He is clueless.

I would think that a US History teacher would know how to be a good citizen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, DannEllenwood said:

No. Not at all. My body. My choice. 
And what really could’ve saved lives, but too bad the man trying to help this country through all of this madness constantly gets blasted. 

 

5AE9B7E2-88EA-4DA1-9869-84332C705918.jpeg

0E45530A-914C-4C0C-A7F5-2383FD908E3A.jpeg

I’m sorry you don’t see the freedom I see. Have a blessed 4th of July!  
 

 

Yes, patients, not those trying to keep from getting it.  Two very different things. We knew that some hospitals were giving it to patients.  It was being given locally with some success when other things were not working well.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

someone (typically me) has to go in and verify the donation and then you get manually put into the booster group    

that is the process.   

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AG said:

Many of the accusations you've been throwing my way are exactly how I feel about you, except that my viewpoints actually make sense. 

 

Keep putting words in my mouth and shout it from the top of the mountains. You're not only ignorant, you're childish as well.

Facts matter pal. 

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think @DannEllenwood is going into the T Shirt business for nice side hustle.    All these slogans!!  

Get Woke, Go Broke    

 Stand for something, Fail for nothing..... or something like that...

See you 8-15   

It's a gold mind!!   😀 😂

If you gonna quote it, gotta get it right. 

4 hours ago, Robert said:

I would think that a US History teacher would know how to be a good citizen. 

I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robert said:

We used to sing it a lot at church.  It was a good thing.  It was for unity.  

Then keep it in church. We sing a lot of great songs in church, for unity. Don’t see all of them being mentioned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Then keep it in church. We sing a lot of great songs in church, for unity. Don’t see all of them being mentioned. 

The NFL is a private business, same as churches. It's their choice what songs they want played and sung.

Don't like it, don't watch. Extremely simple solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the only explanation I’ve gotten for the same media members and fellow NFL players that dragged Drew Brees through the mud for his comments weeks ago yet giving DeSean Jackson a pass is that “people tend to be reactionary and only protest something major.”

Do better people.  The agenda here is obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

How does this pertain to the NFL?

It all ties together.

Timeline:  

06/03 - Saints QB Drew Brees makes comments that he does not support kneeling for the flag for personal reasons.  Many NFL players (a league that is roughly 75 percent African American) destroy him.

06/04 - Drew Brees backtracks on his statements.

07/06 - DeSean Jackson makes racist, inaccurate statements about a religious group and misquotes Hitler.

07/07 - Not one NFL player, GM or front office member opens their mouth regarding Jackson’s comments and an NBA player actually comes out and SUPPORTS his statements.

07/08 - The “all lives matter” vs “black lives matter” debate makes its way to the GID.  
 

It’s not hard to connect the dots.  A large majority of the NFL population who claim to be “social justice advocates” only speaks up when it fits their narrative and someone who looks, thinks and acts like them has been “wronged.”  They took Brees’ comments as a shot at Kap but swept Jackson’s comments under the rug.

Social justice is not selective.  You can’t pick and choose.  Their lack of action proves that “black lives matter” when it is convenient and other lives, cultures, etc don’t so much.  Otherwise, someone would have spoken up.  
 

In an era where the “silence is telling” narrative has also become a popular rallying cry, this also qualifies as a perfect example.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Then keep it in church. We sing a lot of great songs in church, for unity. Don’t see all of them being mentioned. 

There's nothing wrong with it.  Quite nice.   

 

Lift Every Voice and Sing
By James Weldon Johnson


Lift every voice and sing
Till earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us,
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun
Let us march on till victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
Bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat,
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past,
Till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who has by Thy might Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
May we forever stand.
True to our God,
True to our native land. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Temptation said:

It all ties together.

Timeline:  

06/03 - Saints QB Drew Brees makes comments that he does not support kneeling for the flag for personal reasons.  Many NFL players (a league that is roughly 75 percent African American) destroy him.

06/04 - Drew Brees backtracks on his statements.

07/06 - DeSean Jackson makes racist, inaccurate statements about a religious group and misquotes Hitler.

07/07 - Not one NFL player, GM or front office member opens their mouth regarding Jackson’s comments and an NBA player actually comes out and SUPPORTS his statements.

07/08 - The “all lives matter” vs “black lives matter” debate makes its way to the GID.  
 

It’s not hard to connect the dots.  A large majority of the NFL population who claim to be “social justice advocates” only speaks up when it fits their narrative and someone who looks, thinks and acts like them has been “wronged.”  They took Brees’ comments as a shot at Kap but swept Jackson’s comments under the rug.

Social justice is not selective.  You can’t pick and choose.  Their lack of action proves that “black lives matter” when it is convenient and other lives, cultures, etc don’t so much.  Otherwise, someone would have spoken up.  
 

In an era where the “silence is telling” narrative has also become a popular rallying cry, this also qualifies as a perfect example.

 

 

I do teach Sociology on occasion and have a lot of problems with Social Justice and I can't get the warriors to even listen sometimes.  They forget that words to not necessarily mean only what they give their own definitions to.  If that were the case, then we'd all see the light easily.  They also lump people into groups far too easily and don't give and take much.  They're just as dug in as they accuse the others to be.  They also have twisted the roots of SJ.  There are many people out there with valid ideas.  My opinions.  

Edited by Robert
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Facts matter pal. 

If you gonna quote it, gotta get it right. 

I do. 

A good citizen would understand that cultural norms, values, and morals are what it takes to be a part of a liberated, free,  republic-democrat society.  

Edited by Robert
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...