Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

https://technocracy.news/cdc-confirms-extremely-low-covid-19-death-rate/?fbclid=IwAR1CaXgp0aCtIsLRFwgUSTeOAwRpVwvZB6n6P3-vU07VMVBq588yYS6knhk

“The CDC estimates the death rate from COVID-19 for those under 50 is 1 in 5,000 for those with symptoms, which would be 1 in 6,725 overall, but again, almost all those who die have specific comorbidities or underlying conditions. Those without them are more likely to die in a car accident. And schoolchildren, whose lives, mental health, and education we are destroying, are more likely to get struck by lightning.“

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Your sources:  tecnocracy.news and the Ethical Skeptic are not the CDC.  I feel that you need more reliable sources before you can make your claims.  

Making no claims...and I am a die hard Democrat.  The data is CDC data and Is certainly open to interpretation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Yes. Next question

This!

Add the increase in HCQ, no brainer. LET’S GO!

He knows. He always knows!

See you 8/14 or 8/15. 

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Your sources:  tecnocracy.news and the Ethical Skeptic are not the CDC.  I feel that you need more reliable sources before you can make your claims.  

Show us some. What claim did he make?

Edited by gonzoron

Politically speaking, I think there is more of a grey area pertaining to COVID than people realize. Several right wingers, like myself, that I know have taken the pandemic very seriously...others not so much. 

But to stay on topic, yes, I think we start on schedule. The heat wave will be more of a concern than any disease the kids might contract.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Politically speaking, I think there is more of a grey area pertaining to COVID than people realize. Several right wingers, like myself, that I know have taken the pandemic very seriously...others not so much. 

But to stay on topic, yes, I think we start on schedule. The heat wave will be more of a concern than any disease the kids might contract.

The problem is not so much with the kids. A healthy teenager is unlikely to get seriously ill, although it certainly has happened. The problem is when they leave the locker room and go home and spend time with their parents, siblings, and friends. The more people with COVID-19, the greater chance it’ll get to the immune-compromised, diabetics, the elderly.

No one really knows for sure.  I hope the season begins and runs it’s full length, but and interruption/cessation would't amaze me.  I'm not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV, but I do know this virus is still around.

9 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Watching the libs heads explode is hilarious. 

I'm not making this political but some of the uneducated are.  My wife is a nurse at our local hospital and we just had an increase of 43 cases in our area yesterday.  Hopefully they are asymptomatic and they recover without needing hospitalization or worse yet a ventilator.  From what I hear those are awful ways to spend your recovery or death.  The following of IHSAA protocols for team activities is most important.  We can't allow our players and their families to get sick.  We all know that the blaming of schools will be the first thing that happens if an athlete or someone in their family gets sick.  Teach empathy to your kids by wearing a mask and mandating social distancing.  Let's get to 8/14 where we can play.  Let's show the state that we can do this safely even if some of us don't want to follow the rules.  

This again?

Can I save us all some time here...

"Blah, blah, blah, why don't you all take this virus as seriously as you should?"

"Blah, blag, blag, where is the proof that this is any worse than any other illness?"

"Blah, blah, blah, science..."

"Blah, blah, blag, but this science..."

Accusations of callousness...

Accusations of cowardice...

(5 pages later)

*rinse and repeat the above*

Topic shutdown...

(24-48 hours later)

"New" thread questioning where things stand now...

See above...

I'd ask if I missed anything, but I think you get the gist...

Over/under on this thread: 3 pages

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Watching the libs heads explode is hilarious. 

Government can't tell me what to do but I want them to tell others what to do!

That's even more hilarious. 

Take my bet. 

Had a thought this morning about additional masks for football. Maybe it has been discussed, maybe not. Have to think of the eye shields some players wear on their helmet/face masks. 
Had anyone (players, coaches, ads, admins, etc) heard about a clear plastic shield that covers the entire face mask?

Somewhat like a full plastic hockey face mask. 

21 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Ethical skeptic uses all CDC data to create his overlay graphs. Very eye opening. I've cross checked his stuff with cdc numbers. 

20200705_113028.thumb.jpg.ab97cc9b271f29fd0fa4acb6adbf1b92.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Had a thought this morning about additional masks for football. Maybe it has been discussed, maybe not. Have to think of the eye shields some players wear on their helmet/face masks. 
Had anyone (players, coaches, ads, admins, etc) heard about a clear plastic shield that covers the entire face mask?

Somewhat like a full plastic hockey face mask. 

Yes actually. We have received emails where they are available for those that would prefer to wear them. They're just a add on. Same rules as a visor, have to be clear if used. Simple piece of plastic exactly like a visor but cover the bottom part of the mask as well.

NFHS has said those type of mask will not be allowed, as they pose a chance of injury to the athlete.  My brother in law coaches college baseball in California and he said that their football team might be wearing them.  Laney College, which is featured on the Netflix show Last Chance U.

On 7/4/2020 at 11:49 PM, Bobref said:

The problem is not so much with the kids. A healthy teenager is unlikely to get seriously ill, although it certainly has happened. The problem is when they leave the locker room and go home and spend time with their parents, siblings, and friends. The more people with COVID-19, the greater chance it’ll get to the immune-compromised, diabetics, the elderly.

This is true. But I would guess these same kids are coming into contact with one another on their own time. It might as well be on the practice field or weight room.