Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

6 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Get their act together?  Inventing a safe and effective drug is not like baking a cake man.  The pharma industry is combining forces and working hard on both a treatment drug and a vaccine and a treatment drug.  All indications is that there will be a vaccine much sooner than Dr. Fauci's original projections.  

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-optimistic-covid-vaccine-clinical-trial-1516527

You may want to research this one a little more...tremendous efforts are in progress.

We also know that current flu vaccines are nothing close to 100% effective.  People better prepare themselves not just to get warm fuzzy that a vaccine eliminates the problem.  Reduces it, yes...eliminates it, no.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Typical timeline for a vaccine

https://www.ifpma.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IFPMA-ComplexJourney-2019_FINAL.pdf

image.png.b097113a53dc142606ed4732ac42349a.png

Looks like someone's feeling a little superior...

5 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Book it!  😂 

See. Here’s a YUGE difference between libs and conservatives. Conservatives have a sense of humor. Libs. Eh. Haven’t met one yet. 😉 

Just saw this. 
Facts matter people. 
FACTS over fear. 
LETS ROLL!!!!!!

See you 8/14 and 8/15

F01837C2-EB77-4A13-A882-172CED8EEB97.png

We need more people posting this!!!!!!!!   Facts!!!!!!

Edited by Mayo77

5 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Book it!  😂 

See. Here’s a YUGE difference between libs and conservatives. Conservatives have a sense of humor. Libs. Eh. Haven’t met one yet. 😉 

Just saw this. 
Facts matter people. 
FACTS over fear. 
LETS ROLL!!!!!!

See you 8/14 and 8/15

F01837C2-EB77-4A13-A882-172CED8EEB97.png

What about Libertarians...you have followed their mantra this whole thread

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Now at least I know where to set the number on the next topic of this kind...

Lol

5 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

What about Libertarians...you have followed their mantra this whole thread

Trust me. NOT a libertarian. I’m sooooo right, I refuse to make left turns. 

6 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I think that @bombkicker is the true voice of reason on this thread.  You have @oldtimeqb and @DannEllenwood who feel the virus is leftist plot to take away freedoms and you also have people who feel we shouldn't play at all.  We all need to show proper respect to the safety measures and wear a mask and social distance and demand it by our athletes when they can do it.  We will face bumps along the way but we must follow the rules to protect each other.

Whatever. Not even Bob Ross uses as broad a brush as you just used. 

I said last week I think fans should wear a mask if they want to sit in the stands. I respect the virus. But I refuse to live in fear of it. 

We wash our hands. We wear masks in public. And we live our life. If that bothers you, that is a you problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Whatever. Not even Bob Ross uses as broad a brush as you just used. 

I said last week I think fans should wear a mask if they want to sit in the stands. I respect the virus. But I refuse to live in fear of it. 

We wash our hands. We wear masks in public. And we live our life. If that bothers you, that is a you problem. 

Very well stated. 

Everyone is talking about masks, social distancing, etc for the fans.  What about the players?  How can they stay 6 feet apart when they line up in a formation?  Then what about when they tackle someone?  Having players wear a shield or a mask isn't the end all be all for preventing this virus spread.  Everyone is getting sweaty.  When you tackle someone can't it be spread that way too?  To require the fans to do this and NOT the players is totally hypocritical.  There should be NO season until there is a vaccine.  That way there is more certainty and would cut down on most of the BS speculation.

32 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

As with any other conflict, both sides shared in a little of the blame...

One thing with these messsge boards, debate is always constant.  Everybody thinks their thinking is the best, everyone else is stupid, and then the personal attacks begin.  It’s almost like we’re back in 3rd grade.

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

lol....I thought it was Ellen Dannwood !

OOB

See. That’s funny right there. 

I must add, by a guy/lady hiding behind a screen name. 

I think Ronnys was quite funny too. But. He’s hiding too. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

It was fun while it lasted.  I’ll be shocked if there’s not an announcement made by the end of the week...

I believe I saw that something is coming Wednesday from the IHSAA. 

I may be wrong, but it is really rare that I am on this message board. 🤣 

just kidding. I saw @Gipper’s post and had to throw that in there. 

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I believe I saw that something is coming Wednesday from the IHSAA. 

I may be wrong, but it is really rare that I am on this message board. 🤣 

just kidding. I saw @Gipper’s post and had to throw that in there. 

Sports first, schools second?

58 minutes ago, Temptation said:

“I’m allowed to hurl racist slurs and insults along with immature memes and middle school humor on here because I’m a BOOSTER and you’re not!!!”

🙄

lol  Lib "logic".  Entitlement 101.

How about the next man up mentality?

Teams have been dealing with illness of all sorts since God created us.

Breaking News last night was Aroldis Chapman has the "virus", but with VERY mild symptoms.  But never divulge the symptoms.

This is a HUGE, pivotal moment for education.  Like it or not.  Public Education and Teachers Unions have been put on FULL BLAST!

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

It was fun while it lasted.  I’ll be shocked if there’s not an announcement made by the end of the week...

Up in NW Indiana, Boone Grove has put all fall sports workouts on hold due to the virus.

Over the weekend, the Crown Point Babe Ruth baseball all-star teams reported 3 positive test for the virus.

I just dont see schools doing nothing when positive tests pop up. 

It doesnt matter what we think. Schools have liability to consider.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Up in NW Indiana, Boone Grove has put all fall sports workouts on hold due to the virus.

Over the weekend, the Crown Point Babe Ruth baseball all-star teams reported 3 positive test for the virus.

I just dont see schools doing nothing when positive tests pop up. 

It doesnt matter what we think. Schools have liability to consider.

Honest question but how can schools be liable when sending them is an option and not mandatory? At least around where I live E-learning is an option. How can schools be liable when parents CHOOSE to send them?