Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

11 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Honest question but how can schools be liable when sending them is an option and not mandatory? At least around where I live E-learning is an option. How can schools be liable when parents CHOOSE to send them?

No school should be held liable when a kid get covid.   Every parent has a choice whether to send your children to school or let them be involved in extracurricular activities.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Book it!  😂 

See. Here’s a YUGE difference between libs and conservatives. Conservatives have a sense of humor. Libs. Eh. Haven’t met one yet. 😉 

Just saw this. 
Facts matter people. 
FACTS over fear. 
LETS ROLL!!!!!!

See you 8/14 and 8/15

F01837C2-EB77-4A13-A882-172CED8EEB97.png

If we don’t push back and say no, the powers that be are going to keep pushing things on us the vast majority do not want.  

I just went to CDC site myself and saw that 15-24 year olds, nationwide have had 142 deaths.  All of which had PE conditions. It’s out of control what the Govt, IHSAA, schools and so on are doing here.  Missing school, work, being locked down, missing sports, band events, Cancelled/postponed weddings, not having visitors when you are 80 years old in Nursing Home and lonely, cancelled family vacations, Church closings will all take a mental and physical toll on people.  What is going to be the long term effects from these things?   A lot worse than the virus.  
I’m not even taking into account that during the lockdown, alcohol abuse went up, as did spousal abuse, suicides and many more unintended consequences.  It’s time to say no and say what we all know to be true.  Let’s open everything up, use common sense and move on.  It’s life and we can’t live life in the state of fear from the unknown.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

If we don’t push back and say no, the powers that be are going to keep pushing things on us the vast majority do not want.  

I just went to CDC site myself and saw that 15-24 year olds, nationwide have had 142 deaths.  All of which had PE conditions. It’s out of control what the Govt, IHSAA, schools and so on are doing here.  Missing school, work, being locked down, missing sports, band events, Cancelled/postponed weddings, not having visitors when you are 80 years old in Nursing Home and lonely, cancelled family vacations, Church closings will all take a mental and physical toll on people.  What is going to be the long term effects from these things?   A lot worse than the virus.  
I’m not even taking into account that during the lockdown, alcohol abuse went up, as did spousal abuse, suicides and many more unintended consequences.  It’s time to say no and say what we all know to be true.  Let’s open everything up, use common sense and move on.  It’s life and we can’t live life in the state of fear from the unknown.  

Can I get a AMEN on this one!!!!!!!!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Yes sir!  The Silent Majority is not so silent anymore!

I LOVE more and more logical people speaking up!

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Can I get a AMEN on this one!!!!!!!!   

AMEN!

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Up in NW Indiana, Boone Grove has put all fall sports workouts on hold due to the virus.

Over the weekend, the Crown Point Babe Ruth baseball all-star teams reported 3 positive test for the virus.

I just dont see schools doing nothing when positive tests pop up. 

It doesnt matter what we think. Schools have liability to consider.

As opposed to just covering their backsides liability wise, perhaps they should consider the kids mental health by being locked in their homes for 3/4 if a year without school or contact with their friends.  Find a solution to the liability as opposed to cancelling everything. 

24 minutes ago, Bartrum Trail said:

The Silent Majority is still silent, but Mr. Ellenwood they will speak up this week.

Please share with us what Michael has to say

It is not loud enough, but it is getting there. 

Would you care to elaborate on the, “they will speak up this week?”
Michael?

8 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

The "Silent Majority" hasn't been a majority for a very long time. 

Isn’t DJT POTUS?  I must’ve been following the wrong person. And don’t give me the popular vote. LA and NY do NOT count as the entire country. 

9 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

The "Silent Majority" hasn't been a majority for a very long time. 

But. That must be why libs want to abolish the electoral college. 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Up in NW Indiana, Boone Grove has put all fall sports workouts on hold due to the virus.

Over the weekend, the Crown Point Babe Ruth baseball all-star teams reported 3 positive test for the virus.

I just dont see schools doing nothing when positive tests pop up. 

It doesnt matter what we think. Schools have liability to consider.

Mark

you know I love what you do for Hs sports, but if these riots, protests, defacing public property, and people being allowed to do midnight yoga in nyc, sane, logical people who want their kids to be able to get in person education and play sports BETTER HAVE THAT SAME OPPORTUNITY!  

1 minute ago, DannEllenwood said:

Isn’t DJT POTUS?  I must’ve been following the wrong person. And don’t give me the popular vote. LA and NY do NOT count as the entire country. 

I'm aware, and his margins of victory in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania were under 50k in each of those States. Since then, all have elected (or re-elected) Democratic governors and other State-wide officials. Previous elections had large Democratic margins in those States, and if the pattern seen in gubernatorial races repeats in 2020, DJT then loses the Electoral College. 

19 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

As opposed to just covering their backsides liability wise, perhaps they should consider the kids mental health by being locked in their homes for 3/4 if a year without school or contact with their friends.  Find a solution to the liability as opposed to cancelling everything. 

Yep. I’m in the process of working on something if our government continues to decide what is best for us. Which is not their job. 
As I said earlier. Thank God POTUS has put schools on full blast!

2 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'm aware, and his margins of victory in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania were under 50k in each of those States. Since then, all have elected (or re-elected) Democratic governors and other State-wide officials. Previous elections had large Democratic margins in those States, and if the pattern seen in gubernatorial races repeats in 2020, DJT then loses the Electoral College. 

Ok. That was BEFORE what all those liberal progressive “leaders” have allowed in their states. 
Wisconsin. Antifa and black lives matter attacked a gay democrat legislator ON CAMERA!

wolfe (pa) and Whitmer (Michigan) both killed the elderly by putting sick patients into nursing homes. 
What else ya got?

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Wisconsin. Antifa and black lives matter attacked a gay democrat legislator ON CAMERA!

wolfe (pa) and Whitmer (Michigan) both killed the elderly by putting sick patients into nursing homes.

"Antifa" is not a constituent component of the Democratic Party. 

Sources, please.

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Ok. That was BEFORE what all those liberal progressive “leaders” have allowed in their states. 

What else ya got?

how did they kill the elderly if the virus is a hoax ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Mark

you know I love what you do for Hs sports, but if these riots, protests, defacing public property, and people being allowed to do midnight yoga in nyc, sane, logical people who want their kids to be able to get in person education and play sports BETTER HAVE THAT SAME OPPORTUNITY!  

I agree with you in theory, but, once there are positive tests, what happens.?  

Parents have to sign waivers saying the school district carries no responsibility for their safety, concerning this issue. I know you know how schools think. They are not going to accept any liability.

Teenage virus infections are a small percentage...and I really miss the games. Its been a rough year.   Senior boys may have only one chance to start.. They have waited all their lives to start and play. This year. 

But what does the school do when 2 kids on the varsity test positive?  Drop them from the team for 10 days to 2 weeks?

What if its 6 kids?  And its the week of the sectional?  See what I'm saying? 

42 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Parents have to sign waivers saying the school district carries no responsibility for their safety, concerning this issue. I know you know how schools think. They are not going to accept any liability.

Teenage virus infections are a small percentage...and I really miss the games. Its been a rough year.   Senior boys may have only one chance to start.. They have waited all their lives to start and play. This year. 

But what does the school do when 2 kids on the varsity test positive?  Drop them from the team for 10 days to 2 weeks?

If we want football you quarantine the positives no matter what week it is.  That should be an easy decision. JV players and freshman better be ready to step up this season.  

• Like 1

Titan. Its not that easy.  Numbers are not a problem at big schools but they are at small ones. Some 1A schools dont have freshman or JV teams

But its bigger than that.

If kids test positive, how long can the school keep holding practices and games....?  Legally, how long can they do it before they get shut down by the administration.?  Liability is the line in the sand. 

Schools wont accept liability for giving a minor a virus that, in extreme situations, could kill him.  Lawyers could bring the season to a halt.

6 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

What is that solution, OSFB?

4 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

how did they kill the elderly if the virus is a hoax ?

Put the sick with flu, cold and pneumonia symptoms in nursing homes. 

5 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

"Antifa" is not a constituent component of the Democratic Party. 

Sources, please.

Call them Bernie Bros. Same group. 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I do. 

They see a doctor IF they aren’t feeling well, just like always. 

Yes. If that’s their protocol. 

Yes. If it’s their protocol. 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

If we want football you quarantine the positives no matter what week it is.  That should be an easy decision. JV players and freshman better be ready to step up this season.  

Exactly. That’s what I said. Next man up. Nothing new. Coaches have dealt w illnesses forever. 

6 hours ago, Temptation said:

You’re obviously out of bullets at this point dude.  Time to give up.

Or go and buy a Nerf gun.

I will continue to solicit for donations to the GID. I promote the GID during every donation drive and will continue to do so. It's a great website and worthy of donations by those who use it most. That's what I try to promote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I will continue to solicit for donations to the GID. I promote the GID during every donation drive and will continue to do so. It's a great website and worthy of donations by those who use it most. That's what I try to promote.

But people can still make fun of you for free so what’s the point?