Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

9 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Exactly. That’s what I said. Next man up. Nothing new. Coaches have dealt w illnesses forever. 

Perhaps one of the few positives that come out of this is that, assuming that we have a season and a tournament, the #1 excuse from the whiny underachievers will change from “ we got jobbed by the zebras,” to “if it hadn’t been for the virus ... .”

Just trying to find something of a silver lining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Promoting the GID is the point.

Being made fun of is an extra added bonus. Thank you for your support!

No problem.  You make it pretty easy.  I’ve even got it broken down penny by penny over here.

It’ll be simple to get my money’s worth as long as you keep showing up here and taking your beatings day after day.

Just now, Temptation said:

No problem.  You make it pretty easy.  I’ve even got it broken down penny by penny over here.

It’ll be simple to get my money’s worth as long as you keep showing up here and taking your beatings day after day.

I can handle it. After all, I have the most positive votes of anyone on the GID, I don't consider that a 'beating'. Bring what you got.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What is that solution, OSFB?

My solution is you let the kids play.  Have the kids and parents sign a waiver.  If anyone can show proof that this age group is in anyway at risk, we can discuss another idea.  It’s remarkable to me that early on when the virus was just starting to infect people the US, New York was practically trying to help it spread by keeping the subway open and sending patients to nursing homes and packing people in elevators etc.   All of the sudden we have a huge outbreak and the country locks down because of what was going on in NYC.  Other areas were sure to follow the epicenter if we didn’t .   Now as we have reopened, I’m supposed to believe that Florida has 15,000 new infections while New York has only  85?   The subway is still open. People still take elevators and it’s highly over populated and riots have taken place and homes are the size of a closet making social distancing impossible.  I don’t believe we are being told the truth.  If we are and New York only had 85 new positives then the shut down is useless because after a while the people will develop immunity which would have to be the case in NYC.   They may have tried to lockdown as much can.  But an NYC lockdown is the equivalent of an opened up Michigan during 4th of July.  I’m not even taking into account the fact that they didn’t actually lockdown because rioters were and are still allowed to roam free. 
My last comment is this. Nobody knows for sure one way or the other what will happen.  Proven by the absurd amount of times the info coming at us has flip flopped.   YOU CANT SHUT THE WORLD DOWN BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID SOMETHING MIGHT or MIGHT NOT HAPPEN.  We are supposed to lockdown indefinitely and listen to what we are told until when?   I’ve heard many different answers.  Most of which we have reached.  Only to have the goal posts moved.  Time to push back!

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I can handle it. After all, I have the most positive votes of anyone on the GID, I don't consider that a 'beating'. Bring what you got.

Well your boy Trump got the most electoral votes so what does that say?  

I’d consider them “sympathy votes” if I were you.

I’m just amazed people pay attention to that sort of stuff and wear it as some sort of badge.  I haven’t looked once.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Not that it matters, because doesn't , but since I'm pretty sure this thread is dead anyway, I just have to point out that I think @Coach Nowlin would dispute this claim...

Second place is still pretty good though...

Carry on...

Annotation 2020-07-13 130623.png

6 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Not that it matters, because doesn't , but since I'm pretty sure this thread is dead anyway, I just have to point out that I think @Coach Nowlin would dispute this claim...

Second place is still pretty good though...

Carry on...

Annotation 2020-07-13 130623.png

You're correct, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that you're wrong either. That chart shows reputation points, NOT positive votes. Try again. But continue being the thread police, it's pretty comical. 

Edited by gonzoron

1 minute ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Good deal, glad I can bring a smile to your face... 

They always have to get the last word. Zero humility 

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

So this is North Central High School right?

My understanding was it was a 3-2 vote in the MSDWT and all sports (extracurriculars) are suspended until such time as they have a re-vote.  

No date has been set for another vote.

I am getting this from friends who teach in the district.  The thought is that IPS will likely follow.  

I can only assume this is the initial start of the tidal wave.

11 minutes ago, Lysander said:

My understanding was it was a 3-2 vote in the MSDWT and all sports (extracurriculars) are suspended until such time as they have a re-vote.  

I am getting this from friends who teach in the district.  The thought is that IPS will likely follow.  

I can only assume this is the initial start of the tidal wave.

IPS students need in person schooling more than in person schooling needs IPS students.  Hope common sense prevails but I’m not optimistic.

15 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Their next scheduled meeting isn't until 7/22, unless they call another Special Meeting to re-evaluate.

25 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You're correct, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that you're wrong either. That chart shows reputation points, NOT positive votes. Try again. But continue being the thread police, it's pretty comical. 

What’s the ratio of upvotes, reputation points, pats on the back and Schrute bucks?  The same as the ratio of unicorns and leprechauns I assume.

They do all have one thing in common though...

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What’s the ratio of upvotes, reputation points, pats on the back and Schrute bucks?  The same as the ratio of unicorns and leprechauns I assume.

They do all have one thing in common though...

A Stanley nickel?

I find the opening of schools would serve a great purpose...the elimination of public school education.  

There are a lot of people looking for a payday out there and this may be their golden ticket.

If a player catches the virus and ends up in the hospital...I have no doubt the parents would lawyer up.

The suits may not be worth the paper printed on, but they will take time and energy and corporation money.

What is the procedure for a student if they refuse to wear a mask (if required)?  Talk about potential law suits there.

You may think all parents are honorable...think again

• Like 1