Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

15 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I find the opening of schools would serve a great purpose...the elimination of public school education.  

There are a lot of people looking for a payday out there and this may be their golden ticket.

If a player catches the virus and ends up in the hospital...I have no doubt the parents would lawyer up.

The suits may not be worth the paper printed on, but they will take time and energy and corporation money.

What is the procedure for a student if they refuse to wear a mask (if required)?  Talk about potential law suits there.

You may think all parents are honorable...think again

I have been in my classroom and have spent the time to get my seats 6 feet apart.  Except I have tables that are 5 feet long.  This weekend my wife and I made "shields" that I can place on the middle of these tables so that the kids can sit on opposite ends of the table and not share the virus.  My admin is looking at them today.  If I get approval I will make more.  My room will be compliant with the CDC guidelines.  If everyone wears masks and I can keep 6 feet or less with a shield I am following the rules to safely have class.  

In our corporation discussion meeting yesterday, which was a marathon one, our superintendent told us that if a student refuses to wear a mask when they were supposed to that they would be given the option to continue the semester virtually.  So I take that as follow the rules if you want to be in school, and participate in sports, or do school online and don't play sports.

I was assured that the requirement to wear masks will not be compromised.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

If you are directing at me. I only teach facts. Isn’t that our jobs. Some of those facts I may not agree with personally, but I always ONLY teach facts. 
You do mean ILLEGAL not undocumented. 

😂

Facts. You?  Well if you call people, who are in our country illegally, undocumented, then I see you don’t teach facts. They are called illegal aliens. Illegal immigrants. 

No, I mean undocumented.   Illegal wouldn't quite fit because we've all broken some kind of law, statute, code of some kind, therefore we'd all be illegal in your terms.  Perhaps the IDOE should come to your school and have some cultural sensitivity training.    

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

The point proven would be to not disrespect the school district.

Question for you.  Would publicly labeling folks as white supremacists and Uncle Tom’s on a message board qualify as egregious?

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

in my LONG time on here both as poster back in the infancy days of 1999 and the last 10 years as someone who has helped run the website, I know for a FACT that posters have been called into offices of their bosses about things they have said on the website.  

I wonder who the cancel culture Karens who whined about it were?

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I wonder who the cancel culture Karens who whined about it were?

its been a while, but it was a situation where the boss was reading the site..... not a situation where someone called the place of employment to tattle on the poster  

like I said this was a good chunk of years ago for one instance, but there have been others for sure 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Are they doing it in their capacity as an employee? Are they on company WiFi?

Amazing double standard.  You’ve really outdone yourself this time.

The message matters more than you are giving it credit for.  So I can say WHATEVER I want as long as I’m not on the clock or on the company’s WiFi?  Got it.

Woj should have consulted you first and responded from his personal e-mail and it’d all be good?

Edited by Guest

Its been very interesting to watch teachers bashing parents on Facebook that support going back to school. Teachers were "devastated" in March. All I saw was "our kids were ripped away, it unfair." Now they are being asked to step up and help take precautions and help kids get back in the classroom and they are like "there's no way!, its not safe!" as said teacher goes to 4th of July parties, Meijer, out to eat... its sickening.

22 minutes ago, Raven67 said:

Its been very interesting to watch teachers bashing parents on Facebook that support going back to school. Teachers were "devastated" in March. All I saw was "our kids were ripped away, it unfair." Now they are being asked to step up and help take precautions and help kids get back in the classroom and they are like "there's no way!, its not safe!" as said teacher goes to 4th of July parties, Meijer, out to eat... its sickening.

So you choose to bash all teachers in the first part of this, and use ONE teacher as an example in the last part......got it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raven67 said:

Been saying that for week.   All of sudden it's time to go back to work and the I'm scared starts.  Somehow these people survived 5 months with never leaving their homes.  

• Sit and spin 1

31 minutes ago, Raven67 said:

Now it all comes out...

You would think that this site would be pro teacher...I never would have thought.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

I'm not a rocket scientist but boy something looks pretty off with those test results.   Hmmmm.  Wonder what it could be.   

Here. Let me help. 😉 

3085D32A-EB79-4665-B110-6A8469679623.png

3 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Now it all comes out...

You would think that this site would be pro teacher...I never would have thought.

Oh. But there’s more.....

77859F86-07AB-4CCB-BE26-022BE85E89CB.png

35 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Here. Let me help. 😉 

3085D32A-EB79-4665-B110-6A8469679623.png

Oh. But there’s more.....

77859F86-07AB-4CCB-BE26-022BE85E89CB.png

Since FoxNews has now started to not be a total Trump believer the masses are going to "The Gateway Pundit".  When you don't like the story you are hearing, someone will tell you what you want to hear.  

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Do you think that is fairly representative of society in general?  If you say no, you are seeing a very different side of Indiana that I am seeing.........

The bashing of teachers? Yeah, I do see it as fairly representative of society in general. 

17 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Don't be coy.....or a victim.  No need to be from me.  My siblings are retired educators.  Nothing but respect.

My question was about people in general in Indiana.  I am not seeing a loss of populations hitting the grocery for food, Home Depot for weekend projects, restaurants, family gatherings, youth sporting events, high school grad open houses, vacationing, etc.  I don't see people (except those at highest risk) truly staying at home and isolating.  

Maybe educators are indeed a different segment of the population.  But I am seeing pretty darn crowded public places....and I won't even get into following recommended practices such as social distancing and/or wearing masks.

You might be right. I use the delivery service, so I don't go into those places. But for Raven to single teachers out as the ones doing that, and refer to just one when providing anecdotal evidence is just disingenuous. A lot of people were upset with schools closing, and now that the time to start a new school year is here, people are worried about the lack of safety considerations. The comment by him had nothing to do with the topic. Sure, most teachers WERE upset; disappointed may be a better word because it was inevitable, with the way the year ended. But going back, I don't think anyone saw the spread going the way it has either. The hope was that we would be seeing a decline in positive cases and a decline in deaths. 

51 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Since FoxNews has now started to not be a total Trump believer the masses are going to "The Gateway Pundit".  When you don't like the story you are hearing, someone will tell you what you want to hear.  

Keep going 

BECA8E25-1287-42B0-B0D6-B8092703127B.png

31 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Don't be coy.....or a victim.  No need to be from me.  My siblings are retired educators.  Nothing but respect.

My question was about people in general in Indiana.  I am not seeing a loss of populations hitting the grocery for food, Home Depot for weekend projects, restaurants, family gatherings, youth sporting events, high school grad open houses, vacationing, etc.  I don't see people (except those at highest risk) truly staying at home and isolating.  

Maybe educators are indeed a different segment of the population.  But I am seeing pretty darn crowded public places....and I won't even get into following recommended practices such as social distancing and/or wearing masks.

I’m an educator and I check all the examples you gave. Love my freedom. Facts over fear. There you go Nowlin, another one for your side “hustle”.  

As of july 8th this is the CDC report on covid deaths vs pneumonia this year in United states.    Can we all take a second and look at the age group the fear mongers are telling us are in so much danger. Do not tell me this isnt political statement by school boards.   

Screenshot_20200714-155306_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Mayo77

26 minutes ago, Irishman said:

You might be right. I use the delivery service, so I don't go into those places. But for Raven to single teachers out as the ones doing that, and refer to just one when providing anecdotal evidence is just disingenuous. A lot of people were upset with schools closing, and now that the time to start a new school year is here, people are worried about the lack of safety considerations. The comment by him had nothing to do with the topic. Sure, most teachers WERE upset; disappointed may be a better word because it was inevitable, with the way the year ended. But going back, I don't think anyone saw the spread going the way it has either. The hope was that we would be seeing a decline in positive cases and a decline in deaths. 

Did the National experts say to close the schools?