Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Unprofessional workplace email

DK_Barons

This was breifly mentioned in passing the other day.

Example below: Is this really what we have reduced ourselves to? It really doesn't take much to do so much better.

----------------------------------------------

REMINDER

FOR ALL WORK HOURS  - TIME SHEETS FOR FULL TIME, PART TIME , WORKSTUDY, INTERNS

IF YOU HAVE TAKEN TIME OFF - ADMINISTRATION AND FULL TIME FACULTY

NO REPORTING - ADJUNCT

YOU MUST ENTER YOU TIME FOR 2/4/2019 to 2/17/2019 IN IVYTIME (ELECTRONIC PAYROLL) BY 5 PM TODAY.

YOU MUST HIT SUBMIT FOR THE TIME SHEET TO PROCESS AND THE SUPERVISOR TO APPROVE AND TO BE PAID..

IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT ON THE TIME SHEET YOU WILL NOT BE PAID….

Kathy ****

Ivy Tech Community College *********

**** Accountant

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DK_Barons said:

Example below: Is this really what we have reduced ourselves to? It really doesn't take much to do so much better.

REMINDER

NO REPORTING - ADJUNCT

YOU MUST ENTER YOU TIME FOR 2/4/2019 to 2/17/2019 IN IVYTIME (ELECTRONIC PAYROLL) BY 5 PM TODAY.

YOU MUST HIT SUBMIT FOR THE TIME SHEET TO PROCESS AND THE SUPERVISOR TO APPROVE AND TO BE PAID..

Kathy ****

**** Accountant

How is this unprofessional?

27 minutes ago, DK_Barons said:

REMINDER

NO REPORTING - ADJUNCT

Kathy ****

**** Accountant

I would guess there was an issue. Have you ever read all of the warnings on a ladder?

When I worked out in industry, we had a dual system for time entry and billing entry.  The developers, who were paid salary, would submit the standard timecard which basically amounted to signing their name, but it was like pulling teeth to get them to enter their time in the system that tracked projects and billing time ... as well as non-billed time.  They would always eventually get around to putting in their time, but it might be 3-4 weeks before they'd update the billing system.  One day in late November, a memo came out from the CEO that stated that on-time entry in the billing system would now be tied to end-of-year bonuses ... didn't fill it in on time, forget the bonus.  Entry rates went to near perfect within the week. 

Mine is web based and done from my phone. And guys have been fired for going to the website and modifying the time punches that came from the phone. Our base facility/factory uses the same system, but I'm not sure if they use their phones to clock in and out or not. I have been reprimanded for not clocking out and back in for our mandatory lunch break within the first 5 hours of a shift. I now have daily alarms set for my lunch breaks, lol.