Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bad news from the East

16 minutes ago, Gipper said:

As a loyal Cub fan for many years, I don't like football games at Wrigley.  It may have worked when the Bears play there many years ago, but now it's very logistically challenging, if not impossible.  Didn't Illinois and Northwestern encounter difficulties a few years ago?

As I recall, one of the end zones was shortened. They ended up basically playing a “half court” game.

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

As a loyal Cub fan for many years, I don't like football games at Wrigley.  It may have worked when the Bears play there many years ago, but now it's very logistically challenging, if not impossible.  Didn't Illinois and Northwestern encounter difficulties a few years ago?

Yes.  The  offensive team always had to move the same direction... away from the right field wall.  All kickoffs were toward the RF bleachers, offense went towards home plate.  As soon as a punt happened, the offense/defense switch sides.  

I watched the game on TV.  One of the craziest things ever.  

Has anyone heard if any high school in he state has stopped conditioning due to the virus?

Elkhart and St Joe Co. are accounting for 20% of the new cases in Indiana this week.

Everyone needs to realize things are not normal like pre -March.

20 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Has anyone heard if any high school in he state has stopped conditioning due to the virus?

Elkhart and St Joe Co. are accounting for 20% of the new cases in Indiana this week.

Yes  

Boone Grove today 

21 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Boone Grove just announced they are suspending all athletic workouts until further notice due to the rise in Porter County Covid cases.

22 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Spot on.  It's not like it's the end of days (hopefully), but things aren't right. 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

If the Bears were playing there, then you're in luck as I'm not sure they actually play football. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

If the Bears were playing there, then you're in luck as I'm not sure they actually play football. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

No apologies are necessary as I'm not sure they do either.

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29435295/source-big-ten-moving-conference-only-model-all-sports-fall

That will make it tougher for many schools to reach the 6 win benchmark for a bowl game. 

Indeed.  Then again, Purdue OOC slate was pretty fierce--Air Force, Memphis (both wet bowling last year) and Boston College--not a FCS cupcake that are mainstays of one of our rival's schedule.

Nebraska--Win

Rutgers--Win

Illinois--Win

Indiana--GUARANTEED WIN

Northwestern--Win

Wisconsin--at Ross-Ade this season, their star RB is gone...

Iowa--also in WL, Hawks and Ferentz are in a world of hurt

Minnesota--never been sold on the Fleckster

Michigan--it's in Ann Arbor and Purdue does not play well there

A 6-3 record is definitely possible.

I'm afraid after the last 24 hours that it will be made so difficult to make a football season happen, that it won't happen.  Hope it's not the case, and will prepare as if it's not... Then again, it is July 9, 2020 and it's 3:52pm... may look completely different in an hour, day, week, or month...

And @Gipper and the rest of you Boiler fans; you bite your tongue, Tom Allen is the man... but that's for the college forum...

Edited by wabashalwaysfights
  • Like 1

The NFL my take a page out of MLB's playbook:

Rozelle League--Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington First Nations

Cosell League--Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans

Frozen Tundra League--Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, GREEN BAY PACKERS, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings

Walsh League--Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks

• Like 1

Things are starting to head south. In my experience, we’ll reach a “tipping point” where decisions will be driven primarily by the need to avoid looking like you’re lagging behind. After that, there’s no stopping it.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Jack-Swarbrick-Notre-Dame-Season-Less-Likely-To-Start-On-Time-148984015/

Jack Swarbrick: Notre Dame Season ‘Less Likely’ To Start On Time

ESPN senior writer Heather Dinich spoke with Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick on Thursday about the 2020 football season, the likelihood of starting on time against Navy in September around Labor Day, and a few other topics.

According to the story from Dinich, while nothing is set either way, Swarbrick believes it’s “less likely” that the 2020 football season starts on time.

"It has grown more pessimistic over the past two weeks, but I'm not to a point to say we shouldn't continue to plan for the potential to open on time," said Swarbrick in an interview with ESPN. "I just think it's less likely. We have to shift our allocations a little bit -- a little more time on planning the alternatives, and a little less time on planning routine go forward."

Recent COVID-19 testing results came back from Notre Dame and the numbers were great. There weren’t any positive tests based on the recent results and there was only one early last month, but that student-athlete has since had a full recovery. That is a positive sign.

"It's so much about the guys and talking with [them], making sure there's an understanding, appealing to them to do all they can to protect their season," said Swarbrick to Dinich. "... They understand there's only two to an elevator in the hotel. They understand they're not to congregate in rooms. And they're just doing it."

Notre Dame already moved its season-opener from Aug. 29 against Navy in Ireland to taking on the Midshipmen in Maryland during the first week of September. It’s possibly that things move back even further depending on how things play out moving forward. Navy Athletic Director Chet Gladchuk recently shared a comment on where things stand on his end.

"We still plan on playing them, and whether there are fans or not, that's the X factor," said Gladchuk. “But in communicating with Notre Dame this week, they're all ... they're getting ready to go. At least we can hope we can create some entertainment for television and see what happens."

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 / 05:05 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 9, 2020 / 05:07 PM EDT

FISHERS, Ind. — The Fishers High School football team is taking extra precautions after an athlete tested positive for COIVD-19.

Administrators with Hamilton Southeastern Schools say the team has been practicing in small training groups. Those that practiced in the group that was exposed to COVID-19 are working with the Fishers Health Department on steps to take for possible testing and quarantine.

The school district is advising families to monitor their athletes for any signs of symptoms of COVID-19 and keep them home if they having symptoms. The team is also canceling practices and workouts for the remainder of the week.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

As I recall, one of the end zones was shortened. They ended up basically playing a “half court” game.

If you mean both teams ONLY went one direction, then yes. They did not go towards to ivy.