Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 1 July

FISHERS, Ind. — The Fishers High School football team is taking extra precautions after an athlete tested positive for COIVD-19.

Administrators with Hamilton Southeastern Schools say the team has been practicing in small training groups. Those that practiced in the group that was exposed to COVID-19 are working with the Fishers Health Department on steps to take for possible testing and quarantine.

The school district is advising families to monitor their athletes for any signs of symptoms of COVID-19 and keep them home if they having symptoms. The team is also canceling practices and workouts for the remainder of the week.

VALPARAISO — Four days after high school sports teams were allowed to return to practice, Boone Grove has suspended workouts because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The move was announced in a one-paragraph statement on the Boone Grove athletics website:

"With the rising number of COVID cases in Porter Township, the administration has made the difficult decision to suspend all athletic workouts until further notice out of an abundance of caution for our community members."

Boone Grove Athletic Director Josh Russell declined to comment on the decision to halt sports activities.

Thursday's update from the Porter County Health Department listed 18 positive cases in Porter Township, with no one currently hospitalized, 12 recovered and no deaths. There were 17 cases reported on Wednesday and 15 on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, Porter Township School Corporation Superintendent Stacey Schmidt announced via Twitter that Wednesday's Academic Hall of Fame activities and Thursday's graduation ceremony were canceled.

Schmidt said the events were called off after consulation with the Porter County Health Department and "out of an abundance of caution."

I am not sure I understand why the Boone Grove Sup suspended practices that had restarted at BG.  What changed in those 4 days that she felt she had to call a halt?  The numbers in her township show 18 total cases throughout this whole episode.  Why would BG be the only Porter county school to suspend?  

1 hour ago, Jim Beaver said:

I am not sure I understand why the Boone Grove Sup suspended practices that had restarted at BG.  What changed in those 4 days that she felt she had to call a halt?  The numbers in her township show 18 total cases throughout this whole episode.  Why would BG be the only Porter county school to suspend?  

Made zero sense to me too.   Hopefully Boone grove comes out with a better answer than the statement they made.