Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

With things seemingly still rising as far as covid and the number being reported...will the season be cancelled or suspended and until when if suspended!   I know coaches have to be worried!!!   I highly highly doubt there will be a season unfortunately!!   Again all of this is my opinion of course

I would suspend until April, with limited type schedule, then playoffs. Hope is a vaccine will be ready first of 2021, so that would give around 90 days to get the vaccine into the public. Maybe a 5-6 game regular season the some form of playoffs, be it full or partial?? i too don't think a "normal" season will happen. 

From CDC numbers 152 deaths from people under 24 and ALL had serious underlying conditions.. if its the safety of the student athletes we are worried about. We could save more lives preaching to not text and drive rather than Covid. Schools have afforded kids parents the opportunity to not have to send there kids to school. So if grandma and grandpa are raising a kid.. they don't have to go to school or play. That argument is gone. Kids are out running around with zero restrictions right now in public. The only thing holding them accountable is sports. That is the only time most kids are getting screened and forced to distance. Why cut out the one thing that holds them accountable?.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I say play on as scheduled.  People need to stop looking at world wide numbers, and just look at what is going on locally.  Texas, California, Arizona, and Florida numbers have nothing to do with Indiana football.

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would suspend until April, with limited type schedule, then playoffs. Hope is a vaccine will be ready first of 2021, so that would give around 90 days to get the vaccine into the public. Maybe a 5-6 game regular season the some form of playoffs, be it full or partial?? i too don't think a "normal" season will happen. 

If there is a suspension until spring, I would suggest a 10 week season.  3 weeks to prep and 7 weeks to play.  

All schools would play a 7 game max schedule, all within conference.  There would be no post season, so conference champions would be determined by the round robin conference schedule.

There is really no need for a state tournament or extensive travel given the circumstances.  Schools take great pride in winning their conference title, and this format brings things back to a more regional-local level.

For conferences with less than 8 schools, (Northwest Crossroads has 6, for example)  schools would have the option to pick up other local non con opponents to fill out the 7 game schedule.

See you 8/14 and 8/15. This will UNITE so many people. Schools back on time. Monitor. 

All coaches get COTY awards for their unbelievable flexibility. 

Here's an interesting fact to consider. According to Dr. Scott Atlas of the Hoover Institute. Every developed country in the world except the US has opened their schools many without social distancing or masks. This is because the facts are children rarely contract the disease and rarely transmit the disease. Check him out if you doubt this.  Real life experience trumps all the studies to the contrary.

17 minutes ago, EVVHSFOOTBALL said:

Here's an interesting fact to consider. According to Dr. Scott Atlas of the Hoover Institute. Every developed country in the world except the US has opened their schools many without social distancing or masks. This is because the facts are children rarely contract the disease and rarely transmit the disease. Check him out if you doubt this.  Real life experience trumps all the studies to the contrary.

https://youtu.be/Zl50gPFhCe4

42 minutes ago, EVVHSFOOTBALL said:

Facts over fear!  

Play on as scheduled.  If schools want to shutdown their football team, let them, but don’t tell others school to do the same.  If Lake County schools want to shutdown, this should not effect Evansville schools.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

If people studied mortality due to Covid vs. pneumonia for the demographic of concern (age of players), they might be surprised......but we don't give a second thought about pneumonia.....

But pnuemonia is no where near as contagious as Covid, no where near as deadly for their older relatives or teachers and, again, there is no vaccine, treatment or cure for Covid.

School districts are obviously legally liable for all aspects of this virus once they open the door.

How do you reconcile that problem?   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

But pnuemonia is no where near as contagious as Covid, no where near as deadly for their older relatives or teachers and, again, there is no vaccine, treatment or cure for Covid.

School districts are obviously legally liable for all aspects of this virus once they open the door.

I am guessing kids have gotten flu at school and subsequently died...is there precedent for suing school corporations in those cases?  In terms of sports, can school corps legally have waivers drawn up?  My guess is the vast majority of parents would sign those.  I know I certainly would.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Pneumonia is very contagious! And is deadly for older people and younger people! It’s time to open the schools up and let the kids play! 
if you don’t want to go to a game don’t! You don’t want your kid to go to school or play then don’t! But as a whole it’s time to move on!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Pneumonia is very contagious! And is deadly for older people and younger people! It’s time to open the schools up and let the kids play! 
if you don’t want to go to a game don’t! You don’t want your kid to go to school or play then don’t! But as a whole it’s time to move on!

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Howe said:

Source Center for Disease Control

image.png.f12734db247ad18181b7b288cb833c45.png

image.png.c482582ffa35b81dae668559368113fc.png

Yes, and the flu mist is given in thousands of schools and there are several varieties of flus.  They just started testing for this virus a few months ago and we did evacuate schools right at the end of flu season.