Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

53 minutes ago, psaboy said:

So, just wondering, IF there is football in what, a little less than 5 weeks, are refs required to wear masks??

No. Not at this time. 

11 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

South Bend School Board a delayed start the first couple weeks. I have not seen if this includes extracurriculars.

I heard about the NEA statement. The school board has not yet approved delay in school starting or all virtual learning, per my sources at this time

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

We know a TON more about the virus, how it spreads, and who is the most vulnerable.

Agreed. And given what we know, tell me how this makes sense:

A college athlete has been on campus, hours away from ‘home’ for the last 3 weeks. Last weekend he and his teammates attend a house party (shocker) with female athletes, one of whom tests positive on Monday. 

The school’s response is to suspend workouts for two weeks and send all the male athletes back home to live with their 50+ year old parents and siblings. 

Is the university acting in the interest of the health and safety of their student athletes or just trying CYA maneuvers?

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

When is scheduled first day of school for students for SB Schools.??

All students will be elearning August 12.  There will be a phase in and in person learning will begin August 31 for those who opt for it.  This was on facebook earlier this evening.  However, none of this has been voted on.  The final vote will be August 3

Edited by LaSalle Lions 1976

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Agreed. And given what we know, tell me how this makes sense:

A college athlete has been on campus, hours away from ‘home’ for the last 3 weeks. Last weekend he and his teammates attend a house party (shocker) with female athletes, one of whom tests positive on Monday. 

The school’s response is to suspend workouts for two weeks and send all the male athletes back home to live with their 50+ year old parents and siblings. 

Is the university acting in the interest of the health and safety of their student athletes or just trying CYA maneuvers?

Who in the hell Is sending athletes back home?

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

So, just wondering, IF there is football in what, a little less than 5 weeks, are refs required to wear masks??

I can tell you that the B1G and MAC officials will be wearing masks in game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The kid will be lucky if he gets to make a choice of either one, coach.   That's just the way it would be.

And after no basketball tourney, no baseball, no track and no tennis, they'll be lucky to play checkers in the spring.

Spring football assumes some medical vaccine or treatment help that is not guaranteed in any way.

This is a football board so we havent even discussed basketball.   500-1000 kids Indoors? Grabbing and holding (on good defensive teams) and sweating on each other. Starting in November? That sport has less chance of going off than football.

If football is cancelled, basketball might be, too.

By spring the kids and everybody who knows them could be begging for the chance to make a choice.

Speaking of Basketball.....   Yesterday was their 1st day they could work out as teams, how many of them did full court 5 on 5 on day 1?    I bet  I know the answer to that..... 

There are twice as many deaths in America from pneumonia than from Covid under the age of 25 (CDC). These school lockdowns are a complete farce. 

As soon as the election happens, and especially if Biden wins, we won’t hear about this virus again. How many days will the COVID tracker on CNN last after a Biden win? I say a couple days. 

In the meantime, our kids are going to turn into criminals, druggies, or worse from idle hands. I can speak for the privates and say there is virtually no chance we don’t return.  Most of the Catholics schools would close permanently if we go to E-Learning again. In Cathedral’s case, we’ll be in classrooms in mid-August. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 2

35 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

There are twice as many deaths in America from pneumonia than from Covid under the age of 25 (CDC). These school lockdowns are a complete farce. 

As soon as the election happens, and especially if Biden wins, we won’t hear about this virus again. How many days will the COVID tracker on CNN last after a Biden win? I say a couple days. 

In the meantime, our kids are going to turn into criminals, druggies, or worse from idle hands. I can speak for the privates and say there is virtually no chance we don’t return.  Most of the Catholics schools would close permanently if we go to E-Learning again. In Cathedral’s case, we’ll be in classrooms in mid-August. 

Precisely

On 7/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Another one...

Was this your announcement that KV was one of them ?  If so, Coach Nowlin needs to work on his mind reading skills !

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

I already thought wrestlers weren’t the smartest bunch but you leave no doubt !

• Thanks 1

Tell you all a little story . . . a true story.

Family friends live in Indianapolis area.

Members of said family went to get test for COVID.

Filled out the paperwork and handed it in to the folks at the testing site.

After handing in the paperwork, they found out the wait was going to be over two hours.

Not wanting to wait two hours, they left.

A few days later one of the members that filled out the paperwork received a call.

Was told they had COVID.

That family member said, "No, I don't"

The medical person on the other end of the line said, "Yes, you do. We got your results back and you are positive."

That family member said, "I don't have COVID because I was never tested.  We left because the line was too long. You never tested me because we left and never were tested."

How do things like this happen?

And if this is just one case of false reporting of a so-called positive test, how many others are out there that are being falsely reported?

As always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Tell you all a little story . . . a true story.

Family friends live in Indianapolis area.

Members of said family went to get test for COVID.

Filled out the paperwork and handed it in to the folks at the testing site.

After handing in the paperwork, they found out the wait was going to be over two hours.

Not wanting to wait two hours, they left.

A few days later one of the members that filled out the paperwork received a call.

Was told they had COVID.

That family member said, "No, I don't"

The medical person on the other end of the line said, "Yes, you do. We got your results back and you are positive."

That family member said, "I don't have COVID because I was never tested.  We left because the line was too long. You never tested me because we left and never were tested."

How do things like this happen?

And if this is just one case of false reporting of a so-called positive test, how many others are out there that are being falsely reported?

As always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Thank you. Keep speaking up. 

13 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

This will be over on 11/4 or once the gag order is lifted of General Flynn, whichever comes 1st. 😉 

On 7/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, MarshallCounty said:

South Bend School Board a delayed start the first couple weeks. I have not seen if this includes extracurriculars.

This decision isn't official until the board votes on it August 3.  They had a "working session" with the county health official and that was one of their options.

Nothing official until August 3

39 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

hearing non essential  businesses are going to 25% capacity starting August 3rd.    Sorry for voicing my opinion here but... there will be NO highschool football in 2020.... who is agreeing on this opinion!

ALL businesses are essential. 

On 7/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Thank you. Keep speaking up. 

This will be over on 11/4 or once the gag order is lifted of General Flynn, whichever comes 1st. 😉 

No it won't..haha. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the election. The whole entire world was going through this.. Majority of the first world countries took it serious and have it under control. We had states rush to open (see Texas, Arizona, Florida and Georgia) and states not take it serious at all and not close. We had people not taking this serious... Which is why we've never gotten out of the first stage

This also has nothing to do with the election because the NBA and NHL postponed their season and the MLB delayed their start. NCAA cancelled spring sports and their winter tournaments as well...  That's a whole lot of money lost.

If this was a hoax they would have not shut down sports or they would have continued to keep pro sports shut down. 

Once again you post stuff that's not backed up by facts. There are no people out there that could get all the countries in the world + all major leagues sports to stop what they are doing and lose millions.. Just to get trump not re elected. 

Michael Flynn lied and was caught lying. He should be in prison. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

No it won't..haha. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the election. The whole entire world was going through this.. Majority of the first world countries took it serious and have it under control. We had states rush to open (see Texas, Arizona, Florida and Georgia) and states not take it serious at all and not close. We had people not taking this serious... Which is why we've never gotten out of the first stage

This also has nothing to do with the election because the NBA and NHL postponed their season and the MLB delayed their start. NCAA cancelled spring sports and their winter tournaments as well...  That's a whole lot of money lost.

If this was a hoax they would have not shut down sports or they would have continued to keep pro sports shut down. 

Once again you post stuff that's not backed up by facts. 

Michael Flynn lied and was caught lying. He should be in prison. 

Now do New York and New Jersey...

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Now do New York and New Jersey...

I didn't omit them. They were terrible at the start but now aren't as bad as the state's I mentioned earlier.

Kreigh 50

Temptation 0.