Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What is the over/under on the number of school buildings during the 2020-21 school year that start out with in-classroom learning, then have to go back to e-"learning" for X number of weeks due to a COVID-19 case(s) in the particular building?

I say it happens at at least five school buildings throughout the state within the first 30 days of that building being open for school.

I think that is WAY low.... 

I say at least 50 Buildings in the first 30 days.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What is the over/under on the number of school buildings during the 2020-21 school year that start out with in-classroom learning, then have to go back to e-"learning" for X number of weeks due to a COVID-19 case(s) in the particular building?

I say it happens at at least five school buildings throughout the state within the first 30 days of that building being open for school.

Pound the over...

19 minutes ago, sls said:

I think that is WAY low.... 

I say at least 50 Buildings in the first 30 days.

I'll say 65 percent of all schools that open face to face will move to online learning in the first 30 days. 

46 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If anyone closes anything for a "case"....they are doing it wrong.  I have no doubt though in the more populated areas it could happen here and there.  Lots of science showing it doesn't spread in schools.

Edited by Titan32

23 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

How can they say "it doesnt spread in schools"???  NO SCHOOL HAS STARTED YET!!!   

Lots of data on European studies for back to school....I won't go searching for you.  Check out Sweden as an example and how teachers had lower risk relative to other occupations.  Follow Newman Nahas on twitter.

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

I don't think you get it T32....we only use Europe as a reference when it aligns with our personal preferences/opinions.  When it doesn't, who cares?  😉

Or when countries in Europe did things that would never be considered in the US to slow the spread. 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

BC7BE57C-E997-4DC3-8BF4-97333D49CD41.jpeg

at this time..........Indy schools not going back in house until October...what happens between now and the 1st games will determine the season.  The young men better follow protocals but from what I hear even in workouts that has not been the case

52 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Or when countries in Europe did things that would never be considered in the US to slow the spread. 

I have a relative that lives in a small town in northern Italy.  It was basically martial laws for 3-4 months.  If you were out the street without the proper documentation saying where you were going (grocery, doctor. etc.) you could be arrested and fined.

6 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

at this time..........Indy schools not going back in house until October...what happens between now and the 1st games will determine the season.  The young men better follow protocals but from what I hear even in workouts that has not been the case

If Indy schools mess up the rest of the state will play without them.  Keep in mind ...I think it takes a lot of "cases" before a school should be concerned.....quarantine...bring em back.  Keep the cycle moving.

36 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

If Indy schools mess up the rest of the state will play without them.  Keep in mind ...I think it takes a lot of "cases" before a school should be concerned.....quarantine...bring em back.  Keep the cycle moving.

Are you new to Indiana? Real question?

39 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I have a relative that lives in a small town in northern Italy.  It was basically martial laws for 3-4 months.  If you were out the street without the proper documentation saying where you were going (grocery, doctor. etc.) you could be arrested and fined.

It was smart, it doesn't seem to bad over there now. 

27 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you mean like slow testing plans implemented when the disease state out??

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-europe-failed-the-test/

Not close to perfection in the management COVID

I meant more along the lines of the extent of their shutdowns; as well as contact tracing and surveillance technology. 

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I meant more along the lines of the extent of their shutdowns; as well as contact tracing and surveillance technology. 

I thought more would chime in.  In the Latin American countries I've lived in they track people by cell phone number, which you kind of own for life.  License plates are tagged to vehicles/people for life, too.  It's a little easier for Big Brother.  I thought that they were going somewhere on their comparisons to Europe.  Their numbers are down because of how they reacted, some not the best at the beginning, but they did what they needed to.  I cringe each time I read something from Jim Lucas followers.    

It may not matter to some of us when the season is played.  I've been told that there will be few spectators allowed at games and I take that to believe that just families will be attending the games.  I hope most are streamed or televised or at least broadcast.  I haven't missed many games in many years, but I understand the reasons for this.  I hope everyone is staying safe!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

It may not matter to some of us when the season is played.  I've been told that there will be few spectators allowed at games and I take that to believe that just families will be attending the games.  I hope most are streamed or televised or at least broadcast.  I haven't missed many games in many years, but I understand the reasons for this.  I hope everyone is staying safe!

Spot on.  Attendance, if there is indeed a season, needs to be seriously restricted and controlled.  Temperature checks should be conducted at the gate is the first  thing that needs to be done.  Social distancing in the stands is another.  

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

Spot on.  Attendance, if there is indeed a season, needs to be seriously restricted and controlled.  Temperature checks should be conducted at the gate is the first  thing that needs to be done.  Social distancing in the stands is another.  

I totally agree!  It's going to be tough to miss games.  I haven't been to a live sporting event since the sectionals in February!  My wife wishes I would find something to go to.  I will be attending the Indy 500, if it takes place.  Nothing's sure nowadays.

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I totally agree!  It's going to be tough to miss games.  I haven't been to a live sporting event since the sectionals in February!  My wife wishes I would find something to go to.  I will be attending the Indy 500, if it takes place.  Nothing's sure nowadays.

I’ve been to the zoo just to boo the Bears and Lions, but it’s just not the same...

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gipper said:

I’ve been to the zoo just to boo the Bears and Lions, but it’s just not the same...

The whole visual of this is priceless. You need a picture, decked out in your Packers gear. The meme would say “because we cannot see games in person” with you in front of the Lion’ and Bears’ dens yelling booooo

• Haha 1