Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

The whole visual of this is priceless. You need a picture, decked out in your Packers gear. The meme would say “because we cannot see games in person” with you in front of the Lion’ and Bears’ dens yelling booooo

I just need to find an open zoo.

19 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I just need to find an open zoo.

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The Fort Wayne Zoo is open

So is Indianapolis. Or if you want to include the Tigers with the Lions and Bears, you can go to Jiffy Lube at the Hamilton Town Center Mall near Noblesville.

107484136_10158575187483142_6290989980514308736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W3ucBvBaA-cAX849Wva&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3affdc3c8ec271fa67ae32cb33cbd3a9&oe=5F281F14

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

So is Indianapolis. Or if you want to include the Tigers with the Lions and Bears, you can go to Jiffy Lube at the Hamilton Town Center Mall near Noblesville.

107484136_10158575187483142_6290989980514308736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W3ucBvBaA-cAX849Wva&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3affdc3c8ec271fa67ae32cb33cbd3a9&oe=5F281F14

The zoos I frequent are Lincoln Park and Brookfield.  Although I have been to the zoos in Ft. Wayne and Indy, they are not as close to where I live.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, Gipper said:

The zoos I frequent are Lincoln Park and Brookfield.  Although I have been to the zoos in Ft. Wayne and Indy, they are not as close to where I live.

I had a friend who lived in the area of the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Loved it!  I haven't been in that area since he moved to the 'burbs.  I made it a point to get to the Zoo whenever I was up there to watch the Cubs.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I had a friend who lived in the area of the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Loved it!  I haven't been in that area since he moved to the 'burbs.  I made it a point to get to the Zoo whenever I was up there to watch the Cubs.

I used to live near the zoo also—Belden & Commonwealth—great neighborhood.  

New Palestine High School sees COVID-19 case on first day of school

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/education/2020/08/03/new-palestine-high-school-sees-coronavirus-case-first-day-school/5575437002/

A New Palestine High School student who attended the first day of classes Monday has tested positive for COVID-19, according to Southern Hancock Schools and Hancock Health.

The family of the student was given an incorrect date by their doctor for when the student could return to school, according to a joint statement from the district and health care system.

The district said that the student was wearing a mask – as required of all students in grade 3 and above statewide – and was isolated once the school was notified of their positive test result. Several close contacts of the student were also isolated and will be removed from school for two weeks.

Families of those close contacts have already been notified, the district said. It declined to say how many students were considered close contacts, but it said the students were pulled from class early in the day. 

No staff members were considered close contacts. 

Wes Anderson, spokesperson for the district, said students are wearing masks for the entire school day because class sizes are too large to achieve social distancing in all classes.

A picture posted to the high school's Twitter page from the first day shows students in masks sitting next to each other at shared tables. 

Anderson said social distancing is harder in classrooms with tables, as opposed to desks. It has been the trend in education in recent years to move away from desks in favor of more collaborative and flexible seating. 

Affected classrooms and some common spaces were disinfected, he said.

A New Palestine football player previously tested positive for COVID-19, but the district said it had cleaned its athletic facilities and would move forward with the start of the school year.

Anderson said there was no connection between the football player and student who attended school Monday.

Southern Hancock is the latest Central Indiana school district to have a student attend school after testing positive for the coronavirus. Last week, nearby Greenfield-Central Schools received a call from the Hancock County Health Department that one of its students had tested positive and attended class on the first day.

Elwood Junior Senior High School started a week of virtual instruction Monday after at least one staff member tested positive for COVID-19 and was in close contact with other staff members. The district started the year with in-person instruction Thursday. 

Indiana's public schools are among the first in the country to start their academic years after the pandemic interrupted education nationwide in the spring. Debate continues about whether it is appropriate or safe to bring students back into schools for in-person instruction as the pandemic continues. 

Southern Hancock Schools said the district will remain open for in-person instruction. 

@Muda69  Assuming you may have still school aged children, or even if they are grown up now, would you send them to school in person? 

By the article, it looks like New Pal is following the protocols established for positive cases and having the school open. 

There will be positive cases, no way around it for some schools, especially larger ones.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

@Muda69  Assuming you may have still school aged children, or even if they are grown up now, would you send them to school in person? 

By the article, it looks like New Pal is following the protocols established for positive cases and having the school open. 

There will be positive cases, no way around it for some schools, especially larger ones.   

The concern on my part is at NP, the kid showed up with it. Even though the doctor got the date to return wrong, someone in the house should have known that if the kid still has it, stay home. I mentioned it in an earlier post....probably in one of the many topics that needed to be locked, is parents will send kids who have it. Some may not know because they choose to not test, or some will decide they have to go to work and cannot keep the kid at home. 

The hits just keep on coming:  https://clintoncountydailynews.com/csf-high-school-staff-member-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

On Tuesday morning, the Community Schools of Frankfort released the following statement regarding a member of their personnel.

“Community Schools of Frankfort teachers returned to work on Friday, July 31, the first of four teacher workdays to prepare for the upcoming school year. On Friday afternoon, we were made aware that a high school staff member had tested positive for COVID-19.  The employee was not at work on Friday. Everyone who was in close contact with the infected staff member was notified and informed what they needed to do.  The first student day is Thursday, August 6.  All schools are receiving a deep clean prior to the start of the school year.”

On 7/31/2020 at 9:14 PM, PHJIrish said:

I totally agree!  It's going to be tough to miss games.  I haven't been to a live sporting event since the sectionals in February!  My wife wishes I would find something to go to.  I will be attending the Indy 500, if it takes place.  Nothing's sure nowadays.

Well that turned into an instant freezing cold take!

Hamilton Heights moves Senior Night to the first home game(Week 1) from the traditional last home game slot.

Due to COVID-19 and the potential for the early end of the fall season, Friday, AUG. 21st vs. Monroe Central, we will honor Senior Football players, Cheerleaders, Managers/Trainers and Senior Band Members.   Please be ready to come and support our seniors at the event!

• Like 1

FULL STEAM AHEAD!  If you choose to have your child take on line schooling or home school, absolutely fine.  For the rest that want and need in person schooling, LET'S GO!

If you choose on line schooling or home school, you can not participate in extra/co-curriculars.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Every kid should have been tested before entering the building

I would like to modify your statement. Generally I am not a blanket “test everybody” person. But if you are, every person should agree then to quarantine/isolate until they get their results. 

My understanding is that the above cases (Greenfield, New Pal, and Frankfort teacher) all three were informed of a positive while at school? If results are still pending, DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL until you get them. 

I don’t see how that is so hard for people to grasp. It’s not a new problem. I remember back in March people were boarding airline flights with pending tests. 

32 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

FULL STEAM AHEAD!  If you choose to have your child take on line schooling or home school, absolutely fine.  For the rest that want and need in person schooling, LET'S GO!

If you choose on line schooling or home school, you can not participate in extra/co-curriculars.

I thought extra curriculars were ok for the IHSAA but could be overridden by local or school policy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

IHSAA says that you are wrong ... since at least 2013.

Edited by foxbat

45 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

We’ll see what you have to say tomorrow after the Governor speaks??

20 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I would like to modify your statement. Generally I am not a blanket “test everybody” person. But if you are, every person should agree then to quarantine/isolate until they get their results. 

My understanding is that the above cases (Greenfield, New Pal, and Frankfort teacher) all three were informed of a positive while at school? If results are still pending, DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL until you get them. 

I don’t see how that is so hard for people to grasp. It’s not a new problem. I remember back in March people were boarding airline flights with pending tests. 

Exactly. I had symptoms on a Sunday, took a test Monday, went back to work on Thursday after I got my negative result back. If you think you have enough to get a test, then act like you have it til proven differently. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

From what I read, the NP student had the wrong return to school date from his doctor; meaning he had it before he started school. 

53 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I forgot something.....

If the family chooses to on line/ home school, they should be refunded their tax dollars of whatever the going rate is nowadays, set forth by the state government.  

Still not be allowed to participate in extra/co-curriculars.

18 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

I thought extra curriculars were ok for the IHSAA but could be overridden by local or school policy.

I am not the IHSAA nor make school policy.  JMHO.

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

IHSAA says that you are wrong ... since at least 2013.

Cool.  I am not the IHSAA, so......

10 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

His decisions do NOT change my opinion.

So I do not know where you are going with that.

10 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Exactly. I had symptoms on a Sunday, took a test Monday, went back to work on Thursday after I got my negative result back. If you think you have enough to get a test, then act like you have it til proven differently. 

Well said.

35 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Im anxious to see what he says and what the ihsaa says... I got a feeling tomorrow is gonna be bad on here--hope im wrong. 

Edited by TheStatGuy