Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

19 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I forgot something.....

If the family chooses to on line/ home school, they should be refunded their tax dollars of whatever the going rate is nowadays, set forth by the state government.  

Still not be allowed to participate in extra/co-curriculars.

Not going to happen.  The schools tend to make money on kids that are partially homeschooled if I'm not mistaken.  My kids attended and attend part-time and I believe the state provides funding to the school at a per credit rate higher than a student attending full time.

As I also pointed out to the admin, the partial homeschool kids also take up less than their fair share of resources to making them fairly decent investments on average for most schools.

13 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

He's wrong a lot... Not a shock. 

Not really stat boy. 

10 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Im anxious to see what he says and what the ihsaa says... I got a feeling tomorrow is gonna be bad on here--hope im wrong. 

No you don’t. 

Most recent state indications for football seasons per MaxPreps.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/ha3S_dWexUOaekUFjBMfkA/high-school-football-kickoff-dates-in-all-50-states.htm

Teams starting outside of fall or undecided ... New Jersey is starting in October:

SPRING 2021

State – Start Date / Original Start Date

• California – Jan. 8 / Aug. 21
  • District of Columbia – Feb. 22 / Aug. 28
  • Colorado – Feb. 22 / Aug. 27
  • Virginia – March 1 / Aug. 28
  • New Mexico – March 4 / Aug. 17
  • Nevada – March 5 / Aug. 14
  • Washington – March 8 / Sept. 4
  • Illinois – TBD / Aug. 28
  • Minnesota – TBD / Aug. 28
  • Maryland – TBD / Sept. 4

TO BE DETERMINED

State – Original Start Date

• Delaware – Sept. 11
  • Hawaii – Sept. 4
  • North Carolina – Aug. 20
  • Oregon – Sept. 4

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/ha3S_dWexUOaekUFjBMfkA/high-school-football-kickoff-dates-in-all-50-states.htm

Teams starting outside of fall or undecided ... New Jersey is starting in October:

SPRING 2021

TO BE DETERMINED

• Delaware – Sept. 11
  • Hawaii – Sept. 4
  • Oregon – Sept. 4

I think thats where we end up... May start season this fall but definitely won't be finishing. 

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

SPRING 2021

TO BE DETERMINED

• Delaware – Sept. 11
  • Hawaii – Sept. 4
  • Oregon – Sept. 4

I couldn’t imagine starting a football season in Indiana in February... We would have a hard time practicing since we wouldn’t get support to plow the field at Pioneer!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I couldn’t imagine starting a football season in Indiana in February... We would have a hard time practicing since we wouldn’t get support to plow the field at Pioneer!

Snow is the new sprinkler system.

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I forgot something.....

If the family chooses to on line/ home school, they should be refunded their tax dollars of whatever the going rate is nowadays, set forth by the state government.  

Still not be allowed to participate in extra/co-curriculars.

What about a family that chooses a private or parochial school?  Do they get the refund?  

40 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Yeah, but that new scoreboard will look good...……..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tango said:

What about a family that chooses a private or parochial school?  Do they get the refund?  

No refund per se, but they do get a deduction on their income for state taxes ... $1,000 per kid.  Sounds like something until you realize that, with the tax rate being around 3.4% it ends up being a whopping $34 back per kid.  Same thing applies for homeschooled kids.

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Word is the School City of Hammond has canceled all contact sports for the remainder of the year. Hunting for confirmation.

Saw it on Region Sports. 4-1 vote by the school board. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

Don’t they already, with the voucher program?  That is, if they are “poor” enough. 

the allowance of Student Athletes to participate in Distance/E/or Virtual learning and participate in ECA for that school has been left completely up to each individual school corporation to decide what they want to provide for their school community.  

Some agree with that stance

Some would contend if they are concerned about being in a building then they shouldn't be in a sport

Some think the sport being outside negates that

Again, which IMO has been a constant theme in our Pandemic times since March, there is not an one size fits all model/policy on how each individual family chooses to react to options provided  throughout these times.  Each school communities are choosing what they are most comfortable with with the guidance so far from the Gov Office and now local Health departments.   That threshold clearly is different at different parts of the state.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I forgot something.....

What about teacher/coaches posting here during school hours all day long... is that being a good steward of our tax $ ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

What about teacher/coaches posting here during school hours all day long... is that being a good steward of our tax $ ?

They could be a lay coach.

It could be on passing periods, lunches, or preps. They do get their own time to do things also.

• Like 3

Who cares....Not all coaches are teachers nor administrators. Do you want the $1.48 you might contribute to that particular teachers/coaches yearly salary back? Don't be hypocritical people answer texts, emails and social media content when they are on the clock in every profession. This isn't 1990 when you had to walk to the pay phone in the schools lobby to call home, lol.

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

13 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

It could be on passing periods, lunches, or preps. They do get their own time to do things also.

To add to those conditions, every time I’ve been on here during the workday, I’ve made sure I’m never on school WiFi.

17 minutes ago, Gipper said:

UConn  not playing football this fall:(

UConn (FBS independent) not able to schedule any opponents and decides to cancel. They’re not Notre Dame. 

In one of the 1,000 threads on here, wasn’t there a discussion about difficulty of scheduling for independents?

Speaking of Notre Dame. Anyone notice how Jack Swarbrick changed his tune about a delay as soon as ND was able to field a full ACC schedule this fall?

• Like 1

Nope.  

33 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Who cares....Not all coaches are teachers nor administrators. Do you want the $1.48 you might contribute to that particular teachers/coaches yearly salary back? Don't be hypocritical people answer texts, emails and social media content when they are on the clock in every profession. This isn't 1990 when you had to walk to the pay phone in the schools lobby to call home, lol.

Consider the source.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Was watching a little of the Melbourne Demons vs. the Adelaide Crows Australian Rules Football this morning on the Ocho.  Plenty of physical contact and some fans in the stands. Can see some video of the games below.....

https://www.afl.com.au/

Are things better down under?  Doesn't seem so.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/australian-state-declares-coronavirus-state-disaster-south-africa-tops-500-n1235603

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/australia/australia-melbourne-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

Interesting approach by the Aussies....

Do they have an election this year?

40 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

They could be a lay coach.

Yep.

Dude is an arrogant troll.

32 minutes ago, Gipper said:

UConn  not playing football this fall:(

Did they last year?