Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

22 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Isn’t that Amish country they even play football?

How can you be on this site and not know about a multiple state championship county? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That means, even if they resumed on Sept. 28, they wouldn’t be able to get in the 4 regular season games necessary to qualify for the tournament. So, unless the IHSAA waives that requirement under these specific circumstances, they might as well shut those programs down now.

I believe a couple people said they viewed a zoom meeting with Robert Faulkens, and he said that the minimum game standard has been waived. 

55 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I believe a couple people said they viewed a zoom meeting with Robert Faulkens, and he said that the minimum game standard has been waived. 

He said that he was "open" to that.  So I assume that it will be allowed this year for officials.   Didn't go beyond 4 games though 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Look I want to see kids play but the advantage a team has that hasn't played vs a team that been scouted, tendencies, and injuries is enormous.    

Edited by Mayo77

I work in a manufacturing plant with over 1,000 employee's. Our plant never shut down. We have high tech temperature scanners for everyone who enters the plant. We have had 5 employee's test positive for the coronavirus. The company implemented a mandatory mask policy over two months ago. Approximately 800 - 900 union workers refuse to wear masks. The union supports the employee's. The mandatory mask policy implemented by the mayor of Indianapolis has had no affect. The people still refuse to wear masks. Our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus.

The media reports all this coronavirus spread and people react like it is the Bubonic Plague yet this has not been reality at a large manufacturing plant in Indianapolis.

16 minutes ago, Howe said:

I work in a manufacturing plant with over 1,000 employee's. Our plant never shut down. We have high tech temperature scanners for everyone who enters the plant. We have had 5 employee's test positive for the coronavirus. The company implemented a mandatory mask policy over two months ago. Approximately 800 - 900 union workers refuse to wear masks. The union supports the employee's. The mandatory mask policy implemented by the mayor of Indianapolis has had no affect. The people still refuse to wear masks. Our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus.

The media reports all this coronavirus spread and people react like it is the Bubonic Plague yet this has not been reality at a large manufacturing plant in Indianapolis.

Thank you for the facts. 
We got this folks. 
Follow the guidelines the schools set. 
Parents. Students. Teachers. Coaches. All. BE SMART!  Know what you are doing. 

6 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

My friend misread misread neddenrieps tweet. 

No biggie. Glad it was straightened out. 

This forum wasn't made for speculating, you mistook a county for a state...Thats not misreading, that is being ignorant...or simply not doing diligence to confirm a story.  Don't post a believed fact without a source.   TA coached my family growing up.  I played under him for 3 seasons.   He would be disheartened by all these threads being shut down and argument over whether we are having a season and letting this turn into a political mess.  He would have rooted for a season to happen if it was safe to do so and if people followed proper guidance to do so.  Share an opinion or two, even open a topic to discuss one, but don't simply banter across multiple threads on the High School Board to push your agenda/beliefs or to get off on doing so.  Move to the OOB (or whatever it is called).  This was created to promote and discuss IN high school football - Keep it at that.  I coach and am blessed to do so, here's hoping for a season...I'll do my part with the mask mandate and social distancing.  I'd simply encourage all to do the same.

Just now, irishuncle411 said:

This forum wasn't made for speculating, you mistook a county for a state...Thats not misreading, that is being ignorant...or simply not doing diligence to confirm a story.  Don't post a believed fact without a source.   TA coached my family growing up.  I played under him for 3 seasons.   He would be disheartened by all these threads being shut down and argument over whether we are having a season and letting this turn into a political mess.  He would have rooted for a season to happen if it was safe to do so and if people followed proper guidance to do so.  Share an opinion or two, even open a topic to discuss one, but don't simply banter across multiple threads on the High School Board to push your agenda/beliefs or to get off on doing so.  Move to the OOB (or whatever it is called).  This was created to promote and discuss IN high school football - Keep it at that.  I coach and am blessed to do so, here's hoping for a season...I'll do my part with the mask mandate and social distancing.  I'd simply encourage all to do the same.

And the same goes for the other side also spitting ignorance.  Mask up - only possible solution to slow this that is being suggested by experts.  Social Distance and be patient with reduced crowds.  We're all in this together.  DO YOUR PART!!!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Thank you for the facts. 
We got this folks. 
Follow the guidelines the schools set. 
Parents. Students. Teachers. Coaches. All. BE SMART!  Know what you are doing. 

A considerable amount of forum members are involved in education and have had their jobs shut down during the past 5 months. Their lives have had a major impact. Our plant has worked 6 days per week since the coronavirus outbreak and we are scheduled 7 days per week through the end of August. Other than not being able to go to a bar, my life has not changed at all since March. I am in management, therefore I must comply with the mandatory mask policy. I'm about the only person in my department who consistently wears a mask. I also comply with the Indianapolis public mask policy out of respect for others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Swing by

https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/

There is a link for Snail Mail in there, it will then give you the address to which you would like to send Cash, Money Order, or Personal Check (we get about 10 of those a year)  after you click 

CHECK instead of PayPal or Venmo:   Once you click CHECK, you then get redirected the screen with the before mentioned address.   

If I swung by, then I would literally be doing the same thing you can do yourself by clicking the snail mail radial at the link.   

1 hour ago, irishuncle411 said:

And the same goes for the other side also spitting ignorance.  Mask up - only possible solution to slow this that is being suggested by experts.  Social Distance and be patient with reduced crowds.  We're all in this together.  DO YOUR PART!!!

RACK IT !!!

OG GID MEMBERS WILL APPRECIATE THAT I HOPE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1