Sign in to follow this  

27 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you mean like slow testing plans implemented when the disease state out??

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-europe-failed-the-test/

Not close to perfection in the management COVID

I meant more along the lines of the extent of their shutdowns; as well as contact tracing and surveillance technology. 

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I meant more along the lines of the extent of their shutdowns; as well as contact tracing and surveillance technology. 

I thought more would chime in.  In the Latin American countries I've lived in they track people by cell phone number, which you kind of own for life.  License plates are tagged to vehicles/people for life, too.  It's a little easier for Big Brother.  I thought that they were going somewhere on their comparisons to Europe.  Their numbers are down because of how they reacted, some not the best at the beginning, but they did what they needed to.  I cringe each time I read something from Jim Lucas followers.    

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Europe has not been uniform.....but I understand what you are saying about a number of the countries

• Thanks 1

Kicking the can down the road could be kicking it onto a landmine.  There is no reason to believe things will be any "better" in the spring particularly if rudimentary case counts are the metric.

• Like 1

It may not matter to some of us when the season is played.  I've been told that there will be few spectators allowed at games and I take that to believe that just families will be attending the games.  I hope most are streamed or televised or at least broadcast.  I haven't missed many games in many years, but I understand the reasons for this.  I hope everyone is staying safe!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

It may not matter to some of us when the season is played.  I've been told that there will be few spectators allowed at games and I take that to believe that just families will be attending the games.  I hope most are streamed or televised or at least broadcast.  I haven't missed many games in many years, but I understand the reasons for this.  I hope everyone is staying safe!

Spot on.  Attendance, if there is indeed a season, needs to be seriously restricted and controlled.  Temperature checks should be conducted at the gate is the first  thing that needs to be done.  Social distancing in the stands is another.  

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

Spot on.  Attendance, if there is indeed a season, needs to be seriously restricted and controlled.  Temperature checks should be conducted at the gate is the first  thing that needs to be done.  Social distancing in the stands is another.  

I totally agree!  It's going to be tough to miss games.  I haven't been to a live sporting event since the sectionals in February!  My wife wishes I would find something to go to.  I will be attending the Indy 500, if it takes place.  Nothing's sure nowadays.

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I totally agree!  It's going to be tough to miss games.  I haven't been to a live sporting event since the sectionals in February!  My wife wishes I would find something to go to.  I will be attending the Indy 500, if it takes place.  Nothing's sure nowadays.

I’ve been to the zoo just to boo the Bears and Lions, but it’s just not the same...

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gipper said:

I’ve been to the zoo just to boo the Bears and Lions, but it’s just not the same...

The whole visual of this is priceless. You need a picture, decked out in your Packers gear. The meme would say “because we cannot see games in person” with you in front of the Lion’ and Bears’ dens yelling booooo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

The whole visual of this is priceless. You need a picture, decked out in your Packers gear. The meme would say “because we cannot see games in person” with you in front of the Lion’ and Bears’ dens yelling booooo

I just need to find an open zoo.

19 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I just need to find an open zoo.

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The Fort Wayne Zoo is open

So is Indianapolis. Or if you want to include the Tigers with the Lions and Bears, you can go to Jiffy Lube at the Hamilton Town Center Mall near Noblesville.

107484136_10158575187483142_6290989980514308736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W3ucBvBaA-cAX849Wva&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3affdc3c8ec271fa67ae32cb33cbd3a9&oe=5F281F14

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

So is Indianapolis. Or if you want to include the Tigers with the Lions and Bears, you can go to Jiffy Lube at the Hamilton Town Center Mall near Noblesville.

107484136_10158575187483142_6290989980514308736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W3ucBvBaA-cAX849Wva&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3affdc3c8ec271fa67ae32cb33cbd3a9&oe=5F281F14

The zoos I frequent are Lincoln Park and Brookfield.  Although I have been to the zoos in Ft. Wayne and Indy, they are not as close to where I live.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, Gipper said:

The zoos I frequent are Lincoln Park and Brookfield.  Although I have been to the zoos in Ft. Wayne and Indy, they are not as close to where I live.

I had a friend who lived in the area of the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Loved it!  I haven't been in that area since he moved to the 'burbs.  I made it a point to get to the Zoo whenever I was up there to watch the Cubs.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I had a friend who lived in the area of the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Loved it!  I haven't been in that area since he moved to the 'burbs.  I made it a point to get to the Zoo whenever I was up there to watch the Cubs.

I used to live near the zoo also—Belden & Commonwealth—great neighborhood.