Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central (Indy)

It’s over fellas.  Dust off your old Madden games and NCAA football games on your favorite console.

That’s the only football you’re getting this fall.

1 minute ago, mykidssportsfan said:

I'm sick about this. Other schools are going to fall into line with this and it's going to be over for these kids. I feel horrible for kids sports seasons who are seniors. 😞 I also worry about these kids mental health. 

I don't think a domino effect is necessarily inevitable here.   There are plenty of school boards throughout the state that are passionate about return to school.

Just now, Titan32 said:

I don't think a domino effect is necessarily inevitable here.   There are plenty of school boards throughout the state that are passionate about return to school.

In Marion County, (where 1/3 of the state cases reside), it’s now a matter of “when” and not “if.”

Scheduling will be a nightmare as schools scramble to get games as schools pull out.  I think they eventually fold up shop.

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am certain athletics are suspended, but that is not mentioned in the IndyStar article. Was that posted on a district site?  

A6B36467-BC8B-4187-9C89-7646B2A74F4E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

In Marion County, (where 1/3 of the state cases reside), it’s now a matter of “when” and not “if.”

Scheduling will be a nightmare as schools scramble to get games as schools pull out.  I think they eventually fold up shop.

A6B36467-BC8B-4187-9C89-7646B2A74F4E.jpeg

How crazy would it be if the entire state played football except for the INDY area.  "Cases" aren't the panic button statistic.

Edited by Titan32

So many moving parts to consider here.

What about teachers with school aged children?

What about families that are not on the 8-5 schedule?

What about families that have four children and two computers?

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

How crazy would it be if the entire state played football except for the INDY area.  "Cases" aren't the panic button statistic.

Knew they would figure out a way to put a stop to the MIC dominance, lol.

Marion County is just a different animal when it comes to this disease right now so I suspect suburban schools to go on as planned.

So because a school in indy closes it's a domino effect?   What about all the area's in indiana that's not being effected?   Should they just suspend sports?  Hell no!

Edited by Mayo77
I was wrong
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

So because a school in indy closes it's a domino effect?   What about all the area's in indiana that's not being effected?   Should they just suspend sports?  Hell no!

Should?  Hell no.

Will?  Surely.

Local teacher unions will use the Washington Township decision as leverage in the coming weeks.

As I stated above, I think that suburban Indy schools will stand their ground when it comes to re-opening but sports will go bye-bye for all.

26 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

109248034_4299897833383650_7790523187477402795_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=9wgXI58jxeAAX-iKc-z&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ad40057551919cd99cec0415132bf9d4&oe=5F334BF0

107827417_4299897863383647_3906701022494281315_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=8jxQ5S4G5J0AX9RJbQs&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=1651c7f37ab1f0865072fbb6e69c1b5d&oe=5F33DBBC

Did anyone else notice the words "suspended" and "postponed" in point #5 above?  That doesn't read like a cancellation to me, but damn close to it.  It's a subtle difference I'll grant you, but it would seem that there may be some "hope" yet?

Edited by wabashalwaysfights
Last sentence...

This is getting ridiculous! It’s time to move on! The kids go to school and play sports! You keep trying to keep people away from each other then when you let them around more people get sick! You have to be around people! Let’s move on with life!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

A friend of a friend of different Marion County district school board member told me....don't expect all of us to fold up shop.

Hope you’re right.  Fear you are wrong.

Fear/pressure has dominated EVERY single decision in recent weeks.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Hope you’re right.  Fear you are wrong.

Fear/pressure has dominated EVERY single decision in recent weeks.

This is one of those things...every school board has a personality and unfortunately can be politically colored.  I expect this to go like everything else now days...passionately 50/50.

Oh man.... my gut hurts...and my head is spinning....  I have great fear there'll be no football on friday nights or any other night... I've been waiting for something to happen.  I don't necessarily thing everyone will immediately shut things off.  Smaller rural schools I feel will try to hang on to playing the season... but I just almost expect there to be a positive Covid test coming from one of these workouts...and when that happens... I know it's all gonna stop.  Course.. I want everyone to be safe...I don't want to have football on Fridays and have a community get decimated by illness.  If there is a season.. it's gonna have to be different that anything ever seen.  Masks...distancing.. testing somehow to keep sick people from coming into the game... I can't imagine no MIner Football on Friday...  not to mention what these kids who work so hard to play will go through. 

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Did anyone else notice the words "suspended" and "postponed" in point #5 above?  That doesn't read like a cancellation to me, but damn close to it.  It's a subtle difference I'll grant you, but it would seem that there may be some "hope" yet?

I did not catch that. I have a couple friends coaching there, and am curious to hear what they have been told. If they have just suspended the season, and the IHSAA does not alter the season schedule at all for the state, keep in mind the 10 practice days rule comes into play for a team hoping to restart a season. That is two games missed beyond whatever else they missed....if it gets to that point. 

52 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Which district is gonna be the one to take the stand?  

Some would contend that Washington Township did take a stand. 

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I did not catch that. I have a couple friends coaching there, and am curious to hear what they have been told. If they have just suspended the season, and the IHSAA does not alter the season schedule at all for the state, keep in mind the 10 practice days rule comes into play for a team hoping to restart a season. That is two games missed beyond whatever else they missed....if it gets to that point. 

Some would contend that Washington Township did take a stand. 

Correct. I should have been more clear. Take the stand and keep schools open and play?