Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central (Indy)

1 minute ago, DannEllenwood said:

Correct. I should have been more clear. Take the stand and keep schools open and play?

Pressure and fear will prevail I’m afraid.  Willing to bet all Marion County schools make similar announcements in the coming days.

56 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This is one of those things...every school board has a personality and unfortunately can be politically colored.  I expect this to go like everything else now days...passionately 50/50.

Hope you’re right.  Most families in my district will not survive this.

22 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Pressure and fear will prevail I’m afraid.  Willing to bet all Marion County schools make similar announcements in the coming days.

Hope you’re right.  Most families in my district will not survive this.

What is going to happen when the parents speak up?  When they realize how much their child is struggling?  What do the schools say when kids and parents want schools to open and they protest by not doing the work?  

14 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

What is going to happen when the parents speak up?  When they realize how much their child is struggling?  What do the schools say when kids and parents want schools to open and they protest by not doing the work?  

Many I’ve spoken to want it both ways.  They are “outraged” that their kids’ safety is being put on the back burner yet also are not satisfied/do not have the means to justify another semester of remote learning.

5 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Many I’ve spoken to want it both ways.  They are “outraged” that their kids’ safety is being put on the back burner yet also are not satisfied/do not have the means to justify another semester of remote learning.

Sadly then they don’t  seem well versed on the subject 

Edited by Guest

Just now, DannEllenwood said:

Sadly then they don’t  seem well versed on the subject 

Gonna make an appearance at my district’s school board meeting tonight...popcorn in tow.

Maybe this is an opportunity for schools to recruit students to get the state check per student.  "Our school is open and we will send you a bus to bring your child to our school."   Fall sports are full go

Edited by Scat
  • Like 1

I'm sure someone has already asked this but does ihsaa allow extracurricular activities if school is doing e-learning?  To me if they are doing e-learning then they should be allowed activities because they are still technically in school.  

Edited by Mayo77
Wrong spelling

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

I'm sure someone has already asked this but does ihsaa allow extracurricular activities if school is doing e-learning?  To me if they are doing e-learning then they should be allowed activities because they are still technically in school.  

In the past, that is, prior to Covid, if a school had a pre-planned e-Learning day, they were still allowed to hold practices and competitions so long as the student-athlete met the school's standard for participation in that e-Learning day.

48 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Gonna make an appearance at my district’s school board meeting tonight...popcorn in tow.

YES

47 minutes ago, Scat said:

Maybe this is an opportunity for schools to recruit students to get the state check per student.  "Our school is open and we will send you a bus to bring your child to our school."   Fall sports are full go

BINGO!  @Muda69

15 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Cdc just announced only 2 hoosiers passed away yesterday from covid.  It's time for high school sports to come back and stay back!!!!!!

Agreed. 

12 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Correct

Wear masks. Gloves. Etc. players do anyways when it’s cold or otherwise. 
Masks when can’t social distance. Football no way of social distancing. 

theme the rules. 

3 hours ago, Jim Beaver said:

Hard to see how you have a tournament that makes any money if you don't have the Indy schools

What does that have to do with Snider playing Carroll in the sectional championship in front of 5000 fans? Someone help me out here. How much of the gate goes to the IHSAA during the tournament? It was always my understanding, at least in the SAC, that the two schools competing split the gate 50/50. 

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Correct. I should have been more clear. Take the stand and keep schools open and play?

Why do the smartest , richest and wisest people make the earliest and most practical decisions?

The Ivy League and North Central High School have both decided to cancel the football season.

Would it not be wise and prudent to follow their lead?

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

YES

BINGO!  @Muda69

Agreed. 

Correct

How many boys will need to die before reality hits?

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Why do the smartest , richest and wisest people make the earliest and most practical decisions?

The Ivy League and North Central High School have both decided to cancel the football season.

Kids have died?

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

What does that have to do with Snider playing Carroll in the sectional championship in front of 5000 fans? Someone help me out here. How much of the gate goes to the IHSAA during the tournament? It was always my understanding, at least in the SAC, that the two schools competing split the gate 50/50. 

Sectionals are split evenly among all schools in each sectional after IHSAA gets their cut and expenses paid etc.  

Regional Semi State :  Gate 100% goes to IHSAA and concessions to the "host" team  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DT said:

But. But. But. The science. 

3 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

I'm sorry. I just don't see why you went there. It does not make any sense to me.

We are talking about North Central, and you asked how many kids have to die?

I see a herd mentality developing here that desires that the season commence regardless of the cost.  That is not prudent.  Its very Trumpian actually.  Ignore the facts and the experts and go with your "gut"

1 minute ago, DT said:

I see a herd mentality developing here that desires that the season commence regardless of the cost.  That is not prudent.  Its very Trumpian actually.  Ignore the facts and the experts and go with your "gut"

Kids are 20 times more likely to die of the flu...

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Im not going to argue the statistics or the science with you or anyone else.  It is what it is.  The fact is , however, we have not seen the results of COVID in an ultra close contact scenario like football or wrestling or basketball.  The average age of COVID infected patients is coming down rapidly.  It will likely continue to drop as more young people engage in athletics.  The best and the brightest have chosen not to take that chance.  Onlookers should take note of that

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Im not going to argue the statistics or the science with you or anyone else.  It is what it is.  The fact is , however, we have not seen the results of COVID in an ultra close contact scenario like football or wrestling or basketball.  The average age of COVID infected patients is coming down rapidly.  It will likely continue to drop as more young people engage in athletics.  The best and the brightest have chosen not to take that chance.  Onlookers should take note of that

The average age of COVID “infected” patients is coming down rapidly...however the average age of COVID related “deaths” or “hospitalizations” (a much more important statistic) is not.

15 minutes ago, DT said:

Ignoring facts????   2 people died yesterday in indiana.    Apparently you are the one ignoring facts.  

At this point, sadly, there are no more "facts" as the term has been colloquially used in the past. For every "fact" that one side brings up, the other has a differing "fact." We should "pay attention to the science" but only the "science" that suits our "facts" not the other fellow's. It's intellectually tiring, and, quite frankly, it's only going to get worse...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Kids have died?

Nope. Same ones saying trust the science won’t trust the science 

33 minutes ago, DT said:

Dude. The science LITERALLY says, open the schools. 

32 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Accurate

27 minutes ago, DT said:

The 1st sentence says all we need to know. Bye.