Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central (Indy)

22 minutes ago, Temptation said:

The average age of COVID “infected” patients is coming down rapidly...however the average age of COVID related “deaths” or “hospitalizations” (a much more important statistic) is not.

Facts matter but not to DT apparently. 

21 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Ignoring facts????   2 people died yesterday in indiana.    Apparently you are the one ignoring facts.  

Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, Temptation said:

The average age of COVID “infected” patients is coming down rapidly...however the average age of COVID related “deaths” or “hospitalizations” (a much more important statistic) is not.

current ICU covid admissions 

Franciscan Hammond 1

Franciscan Munster 0

Franciscan Dyer 1

Franciscan Crown Point 0

7 minutes ago, bombkicker said:

Franciscan Hammond 1

Franciscan Munster 0

Franciscan Dyer 1

Franciscan Crown Point 0

Wow, just wow.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Why do the smartest , richest and wisest people make the earliest and most practical decisions?

The Ivy League and North Central High School have both decided to cancel the football season.

Would it not be wise and prudent to follow their lead?

How many boys will need to die before reality hits?

Smartest... richest... wisest... North Central High School???

Kind of a smack in the face to folks from Fishers, Carmel, Avon, Brownsburg, Cathedral, Chatard, Park Tudor, Center Grove, and I could go on.  As well as the 300+ other schools outside of Marion County.  (They do exist.  I've actually seen them!)

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Kind of a smack in the face to folks from Fishers, Carmel, Avon, Brownsburg, Cathedral, Chatard, Park Tudor, Center Grove, and I could go on.  As well as the 300+ other schools outside of Marion County.  (They do exist.  I've actually seen them!)

Yep

Good ole NCHS

1 hour ago, bombkicker said:

Franciscan Hammond 1

Franciscan Munster 0

Franciscan Dyer 1

Franciscan Crown Point 0

CLOSE THE STATE BOARDERS!!!!!!!  You can post those numbers and people will pay ZERO attention to what is happening in indiana.   

5 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

when you look at hospitalization rates, what do you see for the age groups that would include high school and college football players?

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html

What did mortality in the US look like yesterday for COVID as compared to April 2020?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Risk is just not the probablilty of incidence....it is also severity.  

Just so the people in back can hear me.  ONLY 380 PEOPLE DIED IN THE UNITED STATES YESTERDAY FROM COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!   20 percent of those were from arizona.   By shutting down season you are taking jobs away from people and part of life these kids will never get back.   STOP BEING RIDICULOUS AND WAKE UP!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

when you look at hospitalization rates, what do you see for the age groups that would include high school and college football players?

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html

I see a weekly rate of hospitalizations that peaked on May 23 and May 30th for ages 5-17, (0.5 per 100,000) and May 23rd for ages 18-19 (3.3 per 100,000).  Both have fallen since then.

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I see a weekly rate of hospitalizations that peaked on May 23 and May 30th for ages 5-17, (0.5 per 100,000) and May 23rd for ages 18-19 (3.3 per 100,000).  Both have fallen since then.

Doesn't matter what you numbers you throw out or facts.   People are dead set for a shutdown no matter what you show them.  People just want to stay locked away.  It literally is sad!!!!

23 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Doesn't matter what you numbers you throw out or facts.   People are dead set for a shutdown no matter what you show them.  People just want to stay locked away.  It literally is sad!!!!

A lockdown means you can pin something else on 45...folks have blinders on.

MY OPINION: I feel like schools that are not reopening is foolish. They put in multiple safety measures but do you really think that these kids haven't been hanging out at each others houses, going out to eat with each other, and I know my kids have went to multiple parties and bonfires since school has been out. All this is political garbage and pressure put on schools and business. North Central high school just postponed/canceled everything for start of school and will be doing virtual classes. This will have a domino effect because of the (ut oh a big school just got scared and pressured to close so we better do that to effect). So parents that say no my kids are not going to school I have a question for you. Have your kids been stuck inside or have not been able to leave the yard/house 1 time to go hang out somewhere or have someone over? I'm sure I will hear mine haven't and wont. AND I SAY CRAP.... you just want to be political correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marion County superintendents met with Hogsett, Caine and Holcomb today...Washington Township was an outlier and will not impact other decisions.  Focusing on declining death rate, positivity cases more so than anything.

One district pushed it’s start date back two weeks.

Were given the green light.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, bombkicker said:

Franciscan Hammond 1

Franciscan Munster 0

Franciscan Dyer 1

Franciscan Crown Point 0

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Very well stated. 

6 hours ago, bombkicker said:

I'm sitting in the ER at Franciscan dyer right now, its just a click away... we also get weekly reports. 

Reporting FACTS. 

5 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Just so the people in back can hear me.  ONLY 380 PEOPLE DIED IN THE UNITED STATES YESTERDAY FROM COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!   20 percent of those were from arizona.   By shutting down season you are taking jobs away from people and part of life these kids will never get back.   STOP BEING RIDICULOUS AND WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Amen

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

A lockdown means you can pin something else on 45...folks have blinders on.

BINGO

2 hours ago, Jbk2 said:

MY OPINION: I feel like schools that are not reopening is foolish. They put in multiple safety measures but do you really think that these kids haven't been hanging out at each others houses, going out to eat with each other, and I know my kids have went to multiple parties and bonfires since school has been out. All this is political garbage and pressure put on schools and business. North Central high school just postponed/canceled everything for start of school and will be doing virtual classes. This will have a domino effect because of the (ut oh a big school just got scared and pressured to close so we better do that to effect). So parents that say no my kids are not going to school I have a question for you. Have your kids been stuck inside or have not been able to leave the yard/house 1 time to go hang out somewhere or have someone over? I'm sure I will hear mine haven't and wont. AND I SAY CRAP.... you just want to be political correct.

I can’t wait to see which schools stand their ground, open safely, and succeed. 

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Love it!

10A7E7B0-A90B-4E7A-BA0A-95FA17AF1CB4.jpeg

Gotta ask. Did you ever watch Big Bang theory?  

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Love it!

10A7E7B0-A90B-4E7A-BA0A-95FA17AF1CB4.jpeg

So good. 

16 hours ago, bombkicker said:

I'm sitting in the ER at Franciscan dyer right now, its just a click away... we also get weekly reports. 

So this is not publicly released data?  If it is may I please have the link so it can just be a "click away" for all of us?

My superintendent was adamant Washington Township acted independently.  Every other Marion County superintendent plus some from Hendricks and Hamilton had a conference call with city officials yesterday and were told to proceed as planned but be flexible.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Temptation said:

My superintendent was adamant Washington Township acted independently.  Every other Marion County superintendent plus some from Hendricks and Hamilton had a conference call with city officials yesterday and were told to proceed as planned but be flexible.

Good decision by rest of schools.  

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

6ECDA3EC-6B18-4B5E-AF45-666124A5B37A.jpeg

CEDD171F-3366-48D8-BBD7-DA04EC78D304.jpeg

Comparing numbers in Germany to the US is an apples to oranges comparison. Germany took measures that were much more stringent than any State in the US. Having friends who live and teach in Germany, they do have class size limits of 15 students in a class now. That will rarely happen anywhere in the US; let alone Indiana. They also only go 2-3 days a week in groups. 
"The study tested the blood of around 1,500 children aged between 14 and 18"

Germany's system is significantly different than the US as well. By the age of 14, many kids in Germany start apprenticeships to learn a trade. The ones in school by that age are college bound. 

Also, to counter the claim that kids may not spread it:

https://www.macon.com/news/coronavirus/article244158667.html?fbclid=IwAR3FEyamzZAQy_Re33VSOc1_0GCl13bX-BxXPeSuQUtWOMfWzAe8PtCYhBY 

• Like 1