Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central (Indy)

So my wife has option to go to room and teach or be a "virtual" teacher. In reviewing the info sent out by the school district they state if teacher elects to be a virtual teacher this year, there is no guarantee they will get the same position and/or school for the following year. So I think she will likely go back to in room teaching. I heard Elkhart district is doing a two day in school and then three day virtual or all week virtual, 5 days in room is not being considered at this time.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, Irishman said:

I did not catch that. I have a couple friends coaching there, and am curious to hear what they have been told. If they have just suspended the season, and the IHSAA does not alter the season schedule at all for the state, keep in mind the 10 practice days rule comes into play for a team hoping to restart a season. That is two games missed beyond whatever else they missed....if it gets to that point. 

Some would contend that Washington Township did take a stand. 

Only people who hate athletics would say Washington Township is taking a stand.  Give me a freaking break.  They took a stand like France did in WW2.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 2

52 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

Only people who hate athletics would say Washington Township is taking a stand.  Give me a freaking break.  They took a stand like France did in WW2.  

Complete BS.....I love the game of football, and see that they took a stand. 27th year of coaching the game after playing 5th through 12th grade, I still love the game, so you could not be more wrong on that point. You and I being here in the Northeastern part of the State have no say whatsoever in what Washington Township does, Nor are we any where near the decision makers to understand why they chose this path. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, psaboy said:

So my wife has option to go to room and teach or be a "virtual" teacher. In reviewing the info sent out by the school district they state if teacher elects to be a virtual teacher this year, there is no guarantee they will get the same position and/or school for the following year. So I think she will likely go back to in room teaching. I heard Elkhart district is doing a two day in school and then three day virtual or all week virtual, 5 days in room is not being considered at this time.

My preference is school is back in person as much as possible, but I advocate 100% that people who are immune-compromised and especially those who choose to help with the eLearning aspect should not have their employment affected at all.

31 minutes ago, JustRules said:

My preference is school is back in person as much as possible, but I advocate 100% that people who are immune-compromised and especially those who choose to help with the eLearning aspect should not have their employment affected at all.

I agree, but seems that is not case from what I've heard. I'm sure this situation is very fluid and changing so hopefully they have better definition of what happens in future.

• Sad 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:24 PM, Irishman said:

Complete BS.....I love the game of football, and see that they took a stand. 27th year of coaching the game after playing 5th through 12th grade, I still love the game, so you could not be more wrong on that point. You and I being here in the Northeastern part of the State have no say whatsoever in what Washington Township does, Nor are we any where near the decision makers to understand why they chose this path. 

I am far from wrong on this.  I can understand the situation just as well as these decision makers why a decision was made.  It’s called liability to the school, wokeness or a de emphasis on athletics.   There is absolutely a way to play a season.  Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t want it to happen or are afraid of the liability.   Playing football in general is likely more dangerous to play every year than the danger the virus poses to them this season.  

I think what the Student Athletes of North Central did with the Video is awsome. Those seniors have been working for years to prepare for this year and to have it taken away for a virus with a 99 percent recovery rate is crazy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

North Central Students Athletes have something to say 

This is called taking a stand.  These kids have guts.  They stood up to the adults who tried telling them what’s best for them under the lie that it’s what is best for them.  We should all be re-posting this and sharing it. 

9 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

This is called taking a stand.  These kids have guts.  They stood up to the adults who tried telling them what’s best for them under the lie that it’s what is best for them.  We should all be re-posting this and sharing it. 

YES!

2 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

What about if these same kids were to kneel during the Anthem?  Would you feel the same?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

46 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

What about if these same kids were to kneel during the Anthem?  Would you feel the same?

An absolutely terrible analogy.  You should feel bad.

5 hours ago, Grover said:

That's an awesome video.  Very powerful.  Well done, NC kids.

Agreed. They are making their voices heard in a well thought out, kind, direct, and powerful message. 

21 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Yes sir. 

2 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Quite the leap you went with there.    

for love love of every thing GID, can we not bring every political hot button into this section of the forum.   

I have learned to live with most of the Covid related talk, obviously as we are getting closer and its been relatively contained to protocols, opinions on what best for schools and such and not politicized for the most part.   

I posted the videos when I saw them today because it was a great message by those Seniors who want the decision makers in their district to know how they feel about the decision.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

As a Social Studies Teacher, Coach and a Vet I say if student athletes want to kneel they have the right. If the current issues in this country lead athletes to  kneel then kneel it is their right, but in all honesty I agree with Coach Nowlin we should get back to the fun of this forum and talk football.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Temptation said:

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Quite the leap you went with there.    

for love love of every thing GID, can we not bring every political hot button into this section of the forum.   

I have learned to live with most of the Covid related talk, obviously as we are getting closer and its been relatively contained to protocols, opinions on what best for schools and such and not politicized for the most part.   

I posted the videos when I saw them today because it was a great message by those Seniors who want the decision makers in their district to know how they feel about the decision.  

How so?  If students can make protest one thing why not another?  We have @DannEllenwood spouting off about "ALL LIVES MATTER" and that is okay?  It's funny how you allow people to spout off about how the virus will disappear on 11/4 like it is a made up thing.  People like @DannEllenwood and @Temptation should be the ones who feel bad.  Their hypocrisy is astounding.  They have totally politicized it and yet I get called out for it.  

My wife is going to work today on a COVID floor that is almost full.  Less than four weeks ago there was barely any patients there.  This isn't fake but people on this forum are claiming that it is.  It's real and getting worse.  @Coach Nowlin call them out and ask them to stop!  We have allowed them to give their false narrative but I can't ask the people what they think about another matter?  

• Disdain 2

29 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

How so?  If students can make protest one thing why not another?  We have @DannEllenwood spouting off about "ALL LIVES MATTER" and that is okay?  It's funny how you allow people to spout off about how the virus will disappear on 11/4 like it is a made up thing.  People like @DannEllenwood and @Temptation should be the ones who feel bad.  Their hypocrisy is astounding.  They have totally politicized it and yet I get called out for it.  

My wife is going to work today on a COVID floor that is almost full.  Less than four weeks ago there was barely any patients there.  This isn't fake but people on this forum are claiming that it is.  It's real and getting worse.  @Coach Nowlin call them out and ask them to stop!  We have allowed them to give their false narrative but I can't ask the people what they think about another matter?  

Preach it brother.

I hope your wife stays safe!

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

These students’ LIVES are being changed for the worse and they are being cheated out of opportunities.  

If you can’t see how that is different from choosing to kneel for the National Anthem, I can’t help you.

Best wishes to your wife but your corner of the world is not representative of everywhere else.

I hate the politicization of this entire thing but folks have their heads in the sand.  Cuomo is being praised nationally for his handling of this pandemic which is completely backwards.  HE feared overcrowding in hospitals so he sent patients BACK into nursing homes and the results were lethal.  Other governors (Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Michigan and Illinois) followed and their death rate skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, CASES spike in Arizona, Texas, and Florida but the death rate there largely remains fairly low and consistent.

Connect the dots man.

Wake up.

21 minutes ago, Temptation said:

These students’ LIVES are being changed for the worse and they are being cheated out of opportunities.  

If you can’t see how that is different from choosing to kneel for the National Anthem, I can’t help you.

Best wishes to your wife but your corner of the world is not representative of everywhere else.

I hate the politicization of this entire thing but folks have their heads in the sand.  Cuomo is being praised nationally for his handling of this pandemic which is completely backwards.  HE feared overcrowding in hospitals so he sent patients BACK into nursing homes and the results were lethal.  Other governors (Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Michigan and Illinois) followed and their death rate skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, CASES spike in Arizona, Texas, and Florida but the death rate there largely remains fairly low and consistent.

Connect the dots man.

Wake up.

I am awake.  You have your head not in the sand but up your a##.  The lives of African Americans are being taken and we say it is for safety.  Meanwhile our federal government is taking a stand that the Confederacy something to celebrate and that we should send in our stormtroopers to stop protests.  LAW AND ORDER.  RIGHT?  Yet students standing up for the LIVES of their African American teammates/classmates is wrong?  

My corner of the world has a lot of @Temptationin it.  The death rate of the virus isn't the only thing that is concerning.  If ICU beds are used for COVID what about the people who need them for other illnesses?  Sorry we are out of beds.  We will put your corpse into a cooling truck out back when you die.  The dots are connected.  It's the sheep who blindly follow a leader who has been dismissive of this because it hurts his political agenda.  A couple of weeks ago @DannEllenwood was preaching the 99.9% where did that go?  I deal in reality and in people not in my own self interests.

• Disdain 2

2 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Wow. How poor of me for saying ALL LIVES MATTER. Have a wonderful day. 

32 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I am awake.  You have your head not in the sand but up your a##.  The lives of African Americans are being taken and we say it is for safety.  Meanwhile our federal government is taking a stand that the Confederacy something to celebrate and that we should send in our stormtroopers to stop protests.  LAW AND ORDER.  RIGHT?  Yet students standing up for the LIVES of their African American teammates/classmates is wrong?  

My corner of the world has a lot of @Temptationin it.  The death rate of the virus isn't the only thing that is concerning.  If ICU beds are used for COVID what about the people who need them for other illnesses?  Sorry we are out of beds.  We will put your corpse into a cooling truck out back when you die.  The dots are connected.  It's the sheep who blindly follow a leader who has been dismissive of this because it hurts his political agenda.  A couple of weeks ago @DannEllenwood was preaching the 99.9% where did that go?  I deal in reality and in people not in my own self interests.

No sheep here.  Haven’t voted for (and will not vote for) Trump.  Once again, you’re blinders are on.  You’re all over the place dude.

Edited by Guest