Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 July

Silver Creek High School Football is canceling practice for the rest of this week to allow for contact tracing of the confirmed case. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Nah, not in 2020 my man.  “The majority push” is currently in favor of FEAR and it’s not even close.  Check every major media outlet and what they are pushing on their news feed.  They are picking and choosing their data points (the wrong ones I might add) to create panic.

Panic usually leads to “better safe than sorry” types of decisions even when common sense points in the other direction.

I totally agree.  Fear is king today.  That said, in education....there is a lot of collaboration between administrators (and school boards) behind the scenes.  I feel like in our state the majority are looking hard for a safe way to pull it off.  To bad the Federal government hasn't offered help with resources to make that happen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cw13 said:

Fear is king because there is no plan! No plan creates the unknown. Plans and preparations create confidence, just like we (coaches) try to do with our weekly game plans

Planning is essential. But that is not to minimize the difficulty in planning for something like this. There are so many uncontrolled — and uncontrollable — variables that any “plan” is going to have to be highly flexible to meet unforeseen circumstances. Remember what that great philosopher Mike Tyson said:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cw13 said:

Calumet High School has suspended athletic activity until further notice. Click the link below for the statement on the school's website.

No link.

But this is starting to look like the “Death of a Thousand Cuts.”

49 minutes ago, cw13 said:

Fear is king because there is no plan! No plan creates the unknown. Plans and preparations create confidence, just like we (coaches) try to do with our weekly game plans

You can’t create a plan in this era because the guidelines seem to change daily.

Hell, the governor is speaking in downtown Indy tomorrow and I anticipate changes to what my district was told YESTERDAY.

33 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Planning is essential. But that is not to minimize the difficulty in planning for something like this. There are so many uncontrolled — and uncontrollable — variables that any “plan” is going to have to be highly flexible to meet unforeseen circumstances. Remember what that great philosopher Mike Tyson said:

image.jpeg

Saw this today from Iron Mike as well @Bobref  🙂  

• Like 1

General question: can anyone find an AAU basketball, travel soccer, or travel baseball tournament that has been cancelled due to COVID concerns since June 21st?

I can’t find one. Therefore, I’ve come to the conclusion that you can only catch the coronavirus Monday - Friday at an IHSAA sanctioned event. 

That’s the only explanation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

General question: can anyone find an AAU basketball, travel soccer, or travel baseball tournament that has been cancelled due to COVID concerns since June 21st?

Not in Indiana. Tennessee and Wisconsin-yes. Both moved to the Indiana Convention Center. They had a baseball tournament at Hamilton Heights yesterday. Maybe longer, not sure. I thought it was kinda strange that they were gonna charge me $5 to drop my kid off at football practice.

Edited by gonzoron

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I can’t find one. Therefore, I’ve come to the conclusion that you can only catch the coronavirus Monday - Friday at an IHSAA sanctioned event. 

Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, cw13 said:

Calumet and River Forest are yet two more schools in the Region that have suspended prep sports activities due to the coronavirus pandemic.

What reasons were given?  Did the tax paying parents have a say?

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Well that's a great question and can't disagree with the conclusion.   

320 football schools in Indiana

8 have suspended workouts (Fishers, Indy NC, Silver Creek, Terre Haute South, Portage, Boone Grove, Calumet, River Forest)

2.5% of total - quite low actually and not unexpected. If you thought this was not going to happen, you were dreaming.

Are there more that I'm missing?

Did Fishers start back up this week?

Positive note - at a different level but Ohio State shut down last week and restarted this week.

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Crown Point just hosted a 99 team baseball tournament Thursday thru Sunday.......   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Crown Point just hosted a 99 team baseball tournament Thursday thru Sunday.......   

EX-ACTLY and a CP baseball team (no idea if this team competed or not) had 3 players test “+” for the “virus”. 

4 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

EX-ACTLY and a CP baseball team (no idea if this team competed or not) had 3 players test “+” for the “virus”. 

that was Babe Ruth team, this was one of those huge GAME DAY Travel Baseball tournaments.   Game Day is a large provider of said tournaments around the midwest.   

Cost me 150 bucks.....  4 AM softball games and 2 PM CO ED GAMES got bumped out of our fields because of it.   

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

that was Babe Ruth team, this was one of those huge GAME DAY Travel Baseball tournaments.   Game Day is a large provider of said tournaments around the midwest.   

Cost me 150 bucks.....  4 AM softball games and 2 PM CO ED GAMES got bumped out of our fields because of it.   

You never met a side hustle you didn’t like. 

On 7/13/2020 at 6:51 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Just wait until parents really begin speaking up. 
The science says schools need to be open. 
This is not good, but not for the “virus”. 

I can’t wait to see the schools that stay open and move forward safely. 

Why the quotations around the word virus?

9 hours ago, Coach Jennings said:

Why the quotations around the word virus?

Coach

Don’t forget around “+” too. 

Because I firmly believe we are not being told everything about the “virus”.