Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Assuming there is a season, what have we heard about...

22 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I saw on twitter that Adams County teams are only allowing parents. Each kid gets 4 people they can have at a game. 

Is that county having bad outbreak?    Was hoping the team I go watch would atleast allow 6 tickets per player.    But 4 is better then no fans.     

10 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Is that county having bad outbreak?    Was hoping the team I go watch would atleast allow 6 tickets per player.    But 4 is better then no fans.     

Doesn't appear to be. 79 reported cases as of 2 days ago.

13 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

No, life is pretty much back to normal with a few masks in Adams county. I understand not allowing away fans, cause we do t want to break the bubble we got going with a lot of people from other counties, but only 4 per senior is ridiculous. That’s less than 50 total fans per game. 

2 hours ago, Thor77 said:

No, life is pretty much back to normal with a few masks in Adams county. I understand not allowing away fans, cause we do t want to break the bubble we got going with a lot of people from other counties, but only 4 per senior is ridiculous. That’s less than 50 total fans per game. 

The senior athletes was the surprising part. I could see having a set roster amount of players as Varsity and having 4 adults each with no visitors.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

The senior athletes was the surprising part. I could see having a set roster amount of players as Varsity and having 4 adults each with no visitors.

South Adams has 15 seniors in a big class this year, I assume AC and Bellmont are similar if not less. That’s 60 fans in a stadium that could fit at least 1500 people. 

21 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

South Adams has 15 seniors in a big class this year, I assume AC and Bellmont are similar if not less. That’s 60 fans in a stadium that could fit at least 1500 people. 

I'd say AC probably has less and hard to say how many Bellmont has out. I was meaning I was surprised it was just senior parents and not a whole varsity roster of 30 to 40 players at max having 2 to 4 parents spread out. Some even sitting in the visitors' bleachers and around the field like playoff games.

17 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

I'd say AC probably has less and hard to say how many Bellmont has out. I was meaning I was surprised it was just senior parents and not a whole varsity roster of 30 to 40 players at max having 2 to 4 parents spread out. Some even sitting in the visitors' bleachers and around the field like playoff games.

That’s what I was getting at, they can fit so many more, especially with empty away bleachers. There was obviously no math done at all to reach this level of fans. 

35 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

That’s what I was getting at, they can fit so many more, especially with empty away bleachers. There was obviously no math done at all to reach this level of fans. 

My guess is the health department was saying no fans at all and this was a compromise brought up by the schools. I could be totally wrong, but that would by my hypothesis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Yes its a hellscape of Covid up there.

81 total cases in 5 months.  That's an average of 1/2 a case a day.  Current positive rate is 2.9%.

These schools athletic budgets cannot function making literally no money from football gates.  Football, not basketball, pays the freight at the vast majority of schools. For all sports.  Other sports will be cut.  Coaches will not get paid.  Kids get screwed...again. Don't be surprised if football gets dumped at many schools next year.  No money for it and kids interest in football will continue to dwindle, making participation less and less. 

But just sit back and take it.  Continue to let people who have no idea what they are doing and are using no justifiable science or data to make decisions, continue to do so.  And then wonder what the hell happened to our way of life. 

Edited by PhilLee

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

My guess is the health department was saying no fans at all and this was a compromise brought up by the schools. I could be totally wrong, but that would by my hypothesis.

The outcry from social media from all schools sounds like shits about to hit the fan. 

I spoke to one of our coaches yesterday and we have around 60 kids out.  My son who is a Senior (but not a football player) said that there are about only 8 Seniors out and 17 9th graders.  I agree that if the room is there you should allow more than just Seniors to attend.  I have attached what Phase 4.5 says.  I'm guessing this is what schools will have to follow.  So reading this, if groups stay socially distanced and wear a mask then they can attend the game.  How many people will do that?

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 7.27.02 AM.png

My wonder is who is going to police who comes in? The actual law enforcement? The admin who usually hang out track side? My mom sells tickets at our local high school, and I can guarantee you she’ll be letting everyone in, especially if she knows you. (I’m assuming she won’t be selling tickets this season) Or will they just lock or close the gate once the away team arrives? 

9 hours ago, Thor77 said:

The outcry from social media from all schools sounds like shits about to hit the fan. 

I'm sure as there are AC fans who live and die for football season as I'm sure it is the same with SA & a few Bellmont fans. Like I said earlier, it's a losing situation all around unless everything goes right. Choose option A of packed crowds and then we really do get an outbreak, was it worth it? Choose option B like we have now, and there is an outcry and really reduces the atmosphere and what the game is about for the community and still doesn't guarantee an outbreak won't occur. Guess there could be an option C like how the Adams County 4-H fair was handled this year where it was mostly just family of all 4-H members. That too could end up failing with an outbreak, or it could go as well as possible like the fair seems to have. I'm hoping maybe more compromise can be made to go the option C route and everything goes right. At some point don't we just have to test the waters of trying to get back to normal while still being as careful as possible? Then expanding or reverting based on the outcome.

• Like 1