Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC vs SAC - Time to celebrate the North's Revival

Guest DT

24 minutes ago, Temptation said:

MIC/HCC Matchups I’d like to see.

Brownsburg/Ben Davis...natural rivalry

Warren/Avon...Orioles have conquered BD two consecutive times, time to go after the other big boy in town

Carmel/Fishers...natural geographic rival

Lawrence North/HSE...they already compete for the same kids

Lawrence Central/Noblesville...two brand new regimes trying to climb out of the cellar

Zionsville/Pike...juicy coaching headlines plus natural geography

Franklin Central/Center Grove...FC needs to put its big boy pants on eventually

Westfield/North Central...the battle of Keystone/Meridian

Good lineup. I might show up for that one. Give me a taste of football outside the Fort. 

On 7/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, BTF said:

If Carroll's new stadium is done by then, then it should be played there. They are spending 7 million (double what Dwenger spent on theirs) and will seat 6500. If it's not ready, then it should be played at Spuller stadium. Old, but very efficient with ample parking, seating, concessions, and bathrooms. Easy access for those coming down US 30 or for those taking the toll road to 69 south.  Plus they are sporting a new turf field. No more "mud bowls." I'm still haunted from 1997.............arguably Snider's best team ever. 

The next tier would be interesting, but who do you eliminate out of the SAC? I'll pick on South Side since they seem to be having their share of problems. Northrop is a 6A school who won't want to be left out. Concordia and Luers are both competitive and always dangerous. Wayne just landed one of the better coaches in the state, so look for them to make noise in 5A in the near future. North Side is hit or miss, normally miss. But they seem to be excited about the team they are putting on the field this year. They have a D1 quarterback (transferred from Snider.......not sure of the details). 

Taylor was dismissed from program I believe for an off field conduct issue if I recall correctly. 

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

Taylor was dismissed from program I believe for an off field conduct issue if I recall correctly. 

Rules are rules at Snider. The program takes them seriously. He's not the first D1 caliber athlete to be dismissed from the program (given your information is correct). Good luck to the young man at North Side. He was blessed with a second chance. 

7 hours ago, BTF said:

Rules are rules at Snider. The program takes them seriously. He's not the first D1 caliber athlete to be dismissed from the program (given your information is correct). Good luck to the young man at North Side. He was blessed with a second chance. 

I know my info is correct, but no reason to rehash. Wish him well, from what I've heard he is good athlete, always like to see kids get second chance, succeed and have opportunity to move on. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Bobref said:

I just left Valpo’s intrasquad scrimmage. Man, are they loaded!

Between Valpo and Merrillville, it looks like the region will be well represented this year. Top 6 or 7 regardless of class?

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Between Valpo and Merrillville, it looks like the region will be well represented this year. Top 6 or 7 regardless of class?

Hard to say, but I know the Pirates are loaded, too. I’ve got Oct. 2 circled on my calendar. 

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Hard to say, but I know the Pirates are loaded, too. I’ve got Oct. 2 circled on my calendar. 

Rumble in the jungle........for sure. I'll take Merrillville as the early favorite, but not by much. 

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

Bob

Would you say Region football is improving and on the upswing?

On 7/15/2020 at 5:12 PM, Muda69 said:

A similar sort of challenge match between say the powers of the Hoosier Conference and the venerable North Central Conference could be interesting.  Play it at Lafayette Jefferson's extravagant Scheumann Stadium.

That wouldn't be much fun. 

Those bottom feeders in the NCC couldn't beat average 2a teams. 

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

Bob

Would you say Region football is improving and on the upswing?

That is very difficult to say. But I would say that Valpo and Merrillville, on paper, are as good at the top of the pyramid as we’ve seen around here in a while.

59 minutes ago, Jim Beaver said:

With the way things are going Indiana football might be the only game in town.  Looks like Big ten is going to spring and Big Five is done

I wonder if that will have any impact on high school football?

Bad thing for college is.. They could do a bubble..but that would force ncaa to admit that amateurism is phony. 

Two horse race in DAC. Merrillville is absolutely loaded. 6-7 D1 players. Great size and skill players. Valpo is going to be great as well. Valpo has great size but the skill players aren't on the same level as Merrillville. Edge to Valpo in coaching. I'll go with Merrillville.

Two horse race in NCC as well. Hobart and Andrean. Both teams return a lot of starters from last year and both have some D1 players.