Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Officials and COVID 19

Bobref

Question

This came from assistant commissioner Faulkens today for distribution to all officials:

All,

Please pass this information along to your Association members.

Early last week, we began the process of contacting crews regarding their activity and tournament eligibility.  Some crews have decided not to work this season.  Please know that your safety is of utmost importance to us.  If you make the decision to not work this year let us know as quickly as you make the decision.  And when you do, please take the following steps:

1. Contact the schools where you have accepted games and inform them of your intentions.  Make every effort to find a replacement crew.
  2. Send me an email noting your intent to sit this season out.

Finally, I can certainly respect the decision to not work given current circumstances.  Please note that this will not have an impact on your tournament eligibility.  Your eligibility will remain at the level you would have been for this season.  If you and your crew are Regional eligible this year, you and your crew will be Regional eligible when you return next year.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

With a ref shortage already, do you expect Thursday and Saturday games?

If I had to make a guess, I’d say no. But that’s only because I think there are going to be a fair number of games canceled this year.

I agree with Bob. If there are games I expect there will be a fair number of cancellations. It could be a scramble rescheduling games and then finding officials. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Centralized assigning system put in place if that happened.