Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Phase 2 - What does this mean??

I think we are seeing our athletes not being in the best of shape.  The weather the last two weeks has been good for trying to get kids in shape but to rush to contact is scary with the heat that we are seeing.  Plus once you start contact you increase the chance for the virus to spread.  If a student is positive they have to not only sit out now but they will have to get a clearance from a doctor to return to practice.  

I agree with the IFCA in that they are not going to jump into Phase 2.  Back in the 80's we didn't wear helmets until the first of August so is that needed now?

I can speak for the team I see, but our kids came in in pretty good shape, especially the ones we know will be a factor on Friday nights.  

We are not changing anything in our practice plan for the next 2 weeks:   Keeping our pods, we will also keep our drills separate as well, only difference will be we will have helmets and shoulder pads on.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Hell week was the best.  Some fond, and not so fond memories of those weeks.  🙂

Just to go along with that, when I was a Freshman in 1986, we went to the school at around 7:30 AM, we didn't leave until 4 or 5 PM.  Three-a-days with meetings included.  You brought your lunch and no going home.  It was awful but something that I will never forget.

8 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Just to go along with that, when I was a Freshman in 1986, we went to the school at around 7:30 AM, we didn't leave until 4 or 5 PM.  Three-a-days with meetings included.  You brought your lunch and no going home.  It was awful but something that I will never forget.

I remember those days, mine were in the late 70’s. A bologna sandwich didn’t taste very good coming back up for a “second chew” after lunch and the second practice in the heat.

• Haha 2