Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Indiana Football Digest 3A pre-season Rankings

Hmmmm......usually it’s just a rehash of the end of last season and not much of a predictor.  For the most part it is - excepting they dinged Heritage Hills unusually hard by ranking them 6th rather than 2nd (which would be the norm).

No idea how these teams actually shape up but I’d definitely put Guerin somewhere in the Top 10.

Man, I’m going to be sick (maybe not the best word choice) if there is no HS football this Fall.

Edited by Lysander
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

But I wouldn't have....LOL

My recollection from the Marian game last year was that they were losing a lot to graduation.  Honestly, Concordia was probably the most youthful team we saw in the North with the most coming back.  I have to admit that, although the whole Sectional 28 thing was a bit...errr..... “dubious”, it was very, very cool to see and play against teams in the North.  Teams that you are only going to see at LOS otherwise (unless you schedule them in the regular season).

Without fully knowing, I’d still pick the winner of 28 to be the most likely team from the North to get to LOS.  I really think  there were 4 teams in that Sectional last year that could have made it  to LOS if they had survived the Sectional.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

But I wouldn't have....LOL

I agree - I wouldn't either.  As Lysander says, Marian lost quite a bit to graduation - especially on the defensive side.  The Knights return a lot of talent at the skill positions on O, but will have a very green group on the other side of the ball.

24 minutes ago, Knight82 said:

I agree - I wouldn't either.  As Lysander says, Marian lost quite a bit to graduation - especially on the defensive side.  The Knights return a lot of talent at the skill positions on O, but will have a very green group on the other side of the ball.

That qb whose name I can't remember is pretty damn good though.   

1 hour ago, Knight82 said:

Maddix Bogunia is definitely a stud, and Malcolm Anderson is a really strong RB.

Gotta ask.  Since your avatar is Knight ‘82, did you graduate in ‘82?  If so, do you happen to know or have heard of a Marian player by the name of Bill Baker who graduated in ‘78?

Edited by Lysander

18 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

353FD25B-8497-4C13-BC3A-A6661C31D8FF.jpeg

380E6916-9CEE-4333-930A-7CF013E9866C.jpeg

Sorry pal. I didn’t communicate at all. 

I meant is there 6 teams from the north and 4 from the south in 3A. 

Thank you though. 

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Gotta ask.  Since your avatar is Knight ‘82, did you graduate in ‘82?  If so, do you happen to know or have heard of a Marian player by the name of Bill Baker who graduated in ‘78?

Yes, I did graduate in 82.  Can't say that I knew Bill Baker...  sorry.

2 hours ago, Knight82 said:

Yes, I did graduate in 82.  Can't say that I knew Bill Baker...  sorry.

Thx.  Bill was, I believe, on a Marian State Championship team.  He later played fullback at Butler and a few years later was in my wedding.

Good man.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Titan32 said:

353FD25B-8497-4C13-BC3A-A6661C31D8FF.jpeg

380E6916-9CEE-4333-930A-7CF013E9866C.jpeg

How is Ben Davis better than Warren Central?? Unless the Giants are about to unleash themselves. Now that would be one scary team besides the Center Grove Trojans. Warren Central outside the top five is concerning. I think the Warriors are in for a very rough season. Just a gut feeling.