Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New team

6 hours ago, Rodney said:

After taking an extremely well paying job in the indianapolis area this year I am now in the hunt for a new team to follow. Looking for any helpful insight.

Always room on the Dragons bandwagon out in New Pal.  Friday nights are awesome in Hancock County.  If you prefer a larger school and a great atmosphere there's honestly none better than Ray Skillman Stadium down in Center Grove.

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

After taking an extremely well paying job in the indianapolis area this year I am now in the hunt for a new team to follow. Looking for any helpful insight.

Pick a private or parochial  school...much better odds of post season success.

17 hours ago, Rodney said:

Tell us more about your new gig.

On September 4, drive down to Greenwood and watch the Copper Kettle matchup between Carmel and Center Grove at CGs fabulous Ray Skillman Stadium.  At no other time, including in the state championship games, will you see a better assenblage of high level high school football talent than you will when you watch these two schools go at it.

Honestly, if you just want to enjoy a fun, engaging game and don’t focus on any one team, almost every weekend there is going to be either a big rivalry game or a game between two Top 5 (or 10) teams in one class or highly ranked teams from across classes  (example - Chatard v Cathedral, Cathedral v. Carmel, Lutheran v. Scecina, etc.) within 30-40 minutes of most any part of Indianapolis.

If you are looking strictly at a school that will probably be successful in just about any sport whether its boys or girls, it would be Carmel. With a pool of around 5,000 students, they are usually a factor for state championships regardless of the sport. 

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Honestly, if you just want to enjoy a fun, engaging game and don’t focus on any one team, almost every weekend there is going to be either a big rivalry game or a game between two Top 5 (or 10) teams in one class or highly ranked teams from across classes  (example - Chatard v Cathedral, Cathedral v. Carmel, Lutheran v. Scecina, etc.) within 30-40 minutes of most any part of Indianapolis.

Agree. If I moved to Indy I would be attending the best game that particular week. 

On 7/18/2020 at 12:25 PM, Rodney said:

Bishop Dwenger is your old team?      Try Bishop Chatard.....How many titles have they won?

3 hours ago, ptr said:

If you are looking strictly at a school that will probably be successful in just about any sport whether its boys or girls, it would be Carmel. With a pool of around 5,000 students, they are usually a factor for state championships regardless of the sport. 

So jump on the bandwagon eh?

11 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

So jump on the bandwagon eh?

The bandwagon can be a great thing if you like winners.  But if you are a fan of a certain type of offense (spread, ground and pound, etc.)—go with the school that is particularly proficient in said offense.  Conversely, if you like defense—3-4, 4-3, nickel, etc., root for the school known for the best defense.  Geography could also factor into your decision: if you live in the North side of Indianapolis, you could cheer on a school like Bishop Chatard, North Central, or Pike.   Southport or Roncalli on the south, New Palestine or Warren Central on the East, or Avon Ben Davis on the West—have fun!

So a quick look at games within approximately 1 hour drive from Indy (again not knowing where you live) but I tried to get as many rivalry games as possible:

Week  1 -  Warren Central @ Center Grove

Week  2 -  Columbus East @ Columbus North

Week  3 -  Carmel @ Center Grove

Week  4 -  Avon @ Brownsburg   or   Cathedral @ Chatard

Week  5 -  Mooresville @ Decatur Central

Week  6 -   Carmel @ North Central   or   Indy Lutheran @ Scecina

Week  7 -  Rensselaer Central @  Lafayette Central Catholic

Week  8 -  Eastern (Greentown) @  Sheridan

Week  9 -  Cathedral @ Center Grove

None of these games will probably be played anyway (wear a mask people!) but come up with a better schedule in 15 minutes!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, Staxawax said:

So a quick look at games within approximately 1 hour drive from Indy (again not knowing where you live) but I tried to get as many rivalry games as possible:

Week  1 -  Warren Central @ Center Grove

Week  2 -  Columbus East @ Columbus North

Week  3 -  Carmel @ Center Grove

Week  4 -  Avon @ Brownsburg   or   Cathedral @ Chatard

Week  5 -  Mooresville @ Decatur Central

Week  6 -   Carmel @ North Central   or   Indy Lutheran @ Scecina

Week  7 -  Rensselaer Central @  Lafayette Central Catholic

Week  8 -  Eastern (Greentown) @  Sheridan

Week  9 -  Cathedral @ Center Grove

None of these games will probably be played anyway (wear a mask people!) but come up with a better schedule in 15 minutes!

Don’t know if they’ll be played or not either, no one does.  But Indiana has done great football tradition, so if there isn’t any this year, 2021 will be amazing!