Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA made me Smile

8 minutes ago, JQWL said:

It seems odd that this post gets 0 replies and there are a bazillion posts about cancelling/postponing the season.

I believe this has already been accomplished on a different thread topic of tis forum.

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

There are going to be positive cases, that was expected, as IHSAA Commish stated here, and what most people understand.   

Taking it 2 weeks at a time as we approach August.   

I've been ridiculed for believing facts over fear, made fun of for being positive, and chastised for speaking up and having an opinion. Love that many have thanked me here, texts or dms.

See you all 8/14 and 8/15.

The Best is Yet to Come.

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

It seems odd that this post gets 0 replies and there are a bazillion posts about cancelling/postponing the season.

Welcome to 2020.  Optimism and positivity don’t sell or get clicks.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

I wonder how many schools have not reported it or if the kids have not said anything.

Can someone verify Hammond and East Chicago has suspended their sports right now due to positive cases?

I think more than a few programs have probably handled cases internally and sharing with parents without it getting to the media...which is as it should be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JQWL said:

That’s what I’ve always thought too.  Some people seem to be actually cheering for the season to be cancelled under the guise of being concerned for the kids.  They say, I REALLY want to have a season but man I just don’t see it, unless everyone wears a mask.  But even then if one person gets sick......

What has never been  offered by these people was a solution.  They only promote and comment on scenarios to close down the season because that’s really what they want.
The Proof being exactly what you just posted. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

This is a step in the right direction, I believe. These kids need this and these Seniors need it. We are on the right path here and as long as we can follow mandates given by the IHSAA all Fall Sports should happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

This is a step in the right direction, I believe. These kids need this and these Seniors need it. We are on the right path here and as long as we can follow mandates given by the IHSAA all Fall Sports should happen.

Agreed. 

14 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I've been ridiculed for believing facts over fear, made fun of for being positive, and chastised for speaking up and having an opinion. Love that many have thanked me here, texts or dms.

See you all 8/14 and 8/15.

The Best is Yet to Come.

No, you've been ridiculed on here because you don't believe in facts and when others disagree with you for having a different opinion you chastise them. It has nothing to do with you being positive.

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

There are going to be positive cases, that was expected, as IHSAA Commish stated here, and what most people understand.   

Taking it 2 weeks at a time as we approach August.   

Well probably start (id say it's 50/50) but we won't finish. Wasn't it your school that had to postpone like two weeks worth of games cause 75 percent of your student body in the HS was home sick?

Edited by TheStatGuy

Glad to see the IHSAA is taking a realistic approach.  I would say it is inevitable that every team would have someone test positive if we actually tested everyone.  In over a decade of coaching I can't recall a season in which we did not have 1/2 dozen or so kids out sometime during at least one week due to influenza.  The only reason it wouldn't be this way for Covid would be if they remain asymptomatic and it never is detected. 

8 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Well probably start (id say it's 50/50) but we won't finish. Wasn't it your school that had to postpone like two weeks worth of games cause 75 percent of your student body in the HS was home sick?

HUH??  Rensselaer??    Negative  

Here's the difference between the flu and COVID19.  

#1:  Everybody has lost their ever loving minds over COVID

#2:  If I have a kid out with the flu or infatigo...we don't sideline the whole team based on "contact tracing". 

#3:  If I have a kid out with COVID19.....not only does my football "family" probably overeact and keep their sons home....but so does my opponent.

IF we start....the schedule will be pared down, week to week to week.  I just...don't...know fellas.

1 hour ago, MR said:

Here's the difference between the flu and COVID19.  

#1:  Everybody has lost their ever loving minds over COVID

#2:  If I have a kid out with the flu or infatigo...we don't sideline the whole team based on "contact tracing". 

#3:  If I have a kid out with COVID19.....not only does my football "family" probably overeact and keep their sons home....but so does my opponent.

IF we start....the schedule will be pared down, week to week to week.  I just...don't...know fellas.

Indiana ALL strains of flu deaths 2019-2020 season:  166

Allen County Covid deaths since, what, March 2020:  158

Indiana Covid deaths since March 2020:  2863

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

Other differences also include residual/long-term effects ... including among those that were not hospitalized:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-post-covid-heart-and-brain-problems-linger-some-coronavirus-survivors-find-its-a-long-haul-to-recovery-165434453.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Robert said:

Geez.  I wonder why flu deaths were so low.  🤑

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Scary, Robert.    

I wonder when someone connected with high school football dies of Covid (player or coach), do we simply continue.?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Scary, Robert.    

I wonder when someone connected with high school football dies of Covid (player or coach), do we simply continue.?

It's already happened and apparently we are.

https://medium.com/wake-up-call/the-gut-punch-of-losing-my-healthy-dad-to-covid-19-20fa36c95f1c

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I feel the Covid number is probably lower, just don't believe states accurately counted deaths casued by Covid. 

18 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Geez.  I wonder why flu deaths were so low.  🤑

Because it is thousands of years old, we mist the bejesus out of the kids and millions of adults get a shot.  Otherwise, I'm sure it would be more.  You can think what you'd like.  Free country. 

• Like 1